FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

first banning order for ICT??

Gringo

sorry reffinweed - it wasnt your comment that confused me, it was Maimie's ......

thread title "first banning order for ICT??" and first post says "i hope not" .... to me that suggests that something has been in the paper or on the web somewhere to suggest an ICT fan might get one of these ?

I've met Kev a few times and he is a harmless lad. Bit stupid with a drink, and I mean that in a nice way. I seen him being removed just after Harry but didn't see why, other than his protests. He may have made a gesture as he was being led out but it wasn't anything that the away fans weren't doing as well. I hope he gets on ok in court and am saddened that the banning order has been imposed for something so trivial when nothing is done about the sectarian bile we are all subjected to from time to time.

Kev is a passionate supporter of this club. Just a pity there weren't a lot more like him.

This is a complete joke. I trust then that they will ban the Hearts fans that called us inbred sheep shaggers?

We were warned about our conduct by the stewards and any time Hearts scored it was the usual baiting from them. Did the Stewards do anything about the home fans? Did they f'ck! Much easier to pick on the small number of Away fans.

Who decides on or reports these banning orders anyway? How do you complain about them?

Alex and RIG - I don't want to say I told you so but.....

this is only going to get worse from here on in and I'm not really sure how we change it.

Alex - in some ways this stems from people who want to stop 'sectarian bile' in that the powers that be were lobbied regarding this and they decided to have an 'all encompassing' law to erradicate 'bad behaviour' at games.

the Football Banning Order is the result.....

this is only going to get worse from here on in and I'm not really sure how we change it.

Alex - in some ways this stems from people who want to stop 'sectarian bile' in that the powers that be were lobbied regarding this and they decided to have an 'all encompassing' law to erradicate 'bad behaviour' at games.

Exactly my point in the original thread.

They do absolutely nothing about the Old Filth and their 'songs' yet will happily go right for one of the diddy clubs and pick on them.

It was not the police that put forward the complaint but Rocksteady.... so the way to solve this is to get a security company that doesn't feel they have to be so heavy handed and use some common sense when dealing with a minority crowd... and as RIG & Alex have said deal with the real problem and scurge on scottich football, which is the sectarian OF

Really annoyed at this but more for the fact that I was ejected from the stadium but nothing more than that, obviously I was out before Kev was ejected so I can't say exactly what he did but if decisions like this are going to be made then at least use some consistency

This is a complete joke. I trust then that they will ban the Hearts fans that called us inbred sheep shaggers?

We were warned about our conduct by the stewards and any time Hearts scored it was the usual baiting from them. Did the Stewards do anything about the home fans? Did they f'ck! Much easier to pick on the small number of Away fans.

Who decides on or reports these banning orders anyway? How do you complain about them?

I would imagine it is the Scottish FIU(Football Intelligence Unit) who draw up these banning orders and pass them to the courts if they wish someone to be banned,Think you could only complain about these after you have been hit with one not that it will do much good.

Or you could write to the **** who took in the smoking ban,he seems to be championing these

Couldn't agree more it will get worse,as i have said previously there has been thousands of these dished out in England to normal fans for very little,i would imagine that Strathclyde Police etc will love this power!!

Don't see much point in complaining all eyes are on Scottish Football to rid itself of the Sectarianism that dogs the game here and this is our Government's way of cleaning it up!!

Once again the Old Farm are gonna F%$k it up for the decent fans out there,you won't be able to move without being pounced on especially when it comes in to force(If it already isn't in place)

Examples will be set in the first few months without a doubt!!

The "They're worse than us, so that makes it ok for us to misbehave" argument is a load of BS, IMO.

I don't know the full story or exact reasons why this person was ejected from the stadium or why he is up in court facing a potential FBO, but justbecause the OF fans or any other fans are worse or participate in these things on a larger scale is no excuse for smaller clubs to be let off.

I disagree with the FBO system and how it works, but lets not get into the mindset that exists among a lot of the OF fans where they try and justify their actions by claiming the other half are worse.  The argument here is not about which other teams fans are any better/worse or did anything more deserving of action, it is about whether the person in question acted in a way which justifies the action and potential penalty he faces.

Like or dislike the fans of other teams, they are all in the same position as us with regards these FBO's and pointing the finger and saying they are more guilty than us serves no purpose when the problem lies in the system itself.  I have no doubt that their are elements among most teams supports that should be brought to task for their behaviour on matchdays - perhaps this person deserves what is coming to him, and perhaps he doesn't.  Either way, saying that the Hearts fans did this that and the next thing and nothing was done to them serves little or no purpose.

The game in Scotland is in rapid decline, you have managers of teams coming out and asking supporters to get behind the team, to make a bit of noise and gee themselves up for matches.  You then have men (and women) in suits who have likely never witnessed a match from the stands introducing laws which rip the heart out of the one big thing that keeps people coming

back to matches week after week - TRIBALISM. 

Following a team and going to matches is about more than sitting there for 90 minutes watching the team on the park, it's about the banter between opposing fans, a bit of harmless baiting and shouting at each other, it's what gets the blood flowing and the adrenaline pumping.  Take that away from the matchday experience and we would all be aswell sitting at home watching the game on the TV (and a good bit better off with regards the pressure on the wallet, but thats a whole other argument)

Plenty has been said on here about how quiet our fans can be on a matchday, is it suprising many people are like this when they have these ridiculous rules hanging over their heads and the very fact (as has been witnessed on several occasions) that whatever they say or do could be misinterpruted and lead to them being evicted from the stadium and now, with these new FBO's, find themselves banned from matches altogether.

I'm all for weeding out the real trouble/troublemakers, but going to matches is becoming far too clinical, who gives a stuff if you hear the odd swear or witness the odd rude gesture made to the opposition fans, it's not a Sunday School Picnic, and so long as there's no racism, sectarianism etc involved then I see no real harm.  I'm not the smallest of people and I was cursed with red hair (I really didn't have much going for me) and I was subject to Fat and Ginger jokes all through my childhood, if I could cope with it every day of the week, I'm sure a player can cope with it once a week from opposition fans without the need to go crying about it.  In fact, I'd like to actually see some figures on how often players do actually report directly (without press leading them for a story) on being upset by whats shouted at them during games, I would bet everything on it being a miniscule figure, and nowhere near the issue these "Public Servants" would have us believe.

These claims of behaviour that "Incites Violence" I also think are a load of tosh.  Unless someone actually lays hands on another person then their is no excuse for them to react with violence, if they do then they are worse than the so called "offender".  Flashing your erse at someone may not be the most pleasant thing to witness, but it's hardly inciting violence.  People need to learn to be a little more tolerant and live and let live.

The problem in this day and age is that everyone feels they have to justify their existence, Stewards think they have had a poor day at work if they haven't ejected a few fans, police have arrest targets to keep up and courts, despite being stretched to the limit, seem to want to give themselves more and more work.....none of it makes any sense to me and I truly think the whole country is going berserk.

:008: :008: :008:

All he was doing was protesting that I was thrown out.... complete joke!!

Why doesn't it surprise me that my good friend Harold was involved in this!?

:008: :008: :008:

All he was doing was protesting that I was thrown out.... complete joke!!

To be fair all Kev did was protest at Garys throwing out which, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying this, probably was deserved. Then Kev was thrown out and as he was led down the stairs he appeared to wave and blow kisses to the Hearts fans and generally make light of the fact he was being ejected while he was being abused by the Home fans.

The "They're worse than us, so that makes it ok for us to misbehave" argument is a load of BS, IMO.

I don't know the full story or exact reasons why this person was ejected from the stadium or why he is up in court facing a potential FBO, but justbecause the OF fans or any other fans are worse or participate in these things on a larger scale is no excuse for smaller clubs to be let off.

I disagree with the FBO system and how it works, but lets not get into the mindset that exists among a lot of the OF fans where they try and justify their actions by claiming the other half are worse.  The argument here is not about which other teams fans are any better/worse or did anything more deserving of action, it is about whether the person in question acted in a way which justifies the action and potential penalty he faces.

Like or dislike the fans of other teams, they are all in the same position as us with regards these FBO's and pointing the finger and saying they are more guilty than us serves no purpose when the problem lies in the system itself.  I have no doubt that their are elements among most teams supports that should be brought to task for their behaviour on matchdays - perhaps this person deserves what is coming to him, and perhaps he doesn't.  Either way, saying that the Hearts fans did this that and the next thing and nothing was done to them serves little or no purpose.

I don't think anyone was actually getting at "who was worse us or them", more the fact that the only real way to gauge the behaviour of fans during a football match is from the opposite supporters. 

On comparison though how can over celebrating a goal make the news compaired to the sectarian abuse coming from OF

The game in Scotland is in rapid decline, you have managers of teams coming out and asking supporters to get behind the team, to make a bit of noise and gee themselves up for matches.  You then have men (and women) in suits who have likely never witnessed a match from the stands introducing laws which rip the heart out of the one big thing that keeps people coming

back to matches week after week - TRIBALISM. 

Following a team and going to matches is about more than sitting there for 90 minutes watching the team on the park, it's about the banter between opposing fans, a bit of harmless baiting and shouting at each other, it's what gets the blood flowing and the adrenaline pumping.  Take that away from the matchday experience and we would all be aswell sitting at home watching the game on the TV (and a good bit better off with regards the pressure on the wallet, but thats a whole other argument)

Plenty has been said on here about how quiet our fans can be on a matchday, is it suprising many people are like this when they have these ridiculous rules hanging over their heads and the very fact (as has been witnessed on several occasions) that whatever they say or do could be misinterpruted and lead to them being evicted from the stadium and now, with these new FBO's, find themselves banned from matches altogether.

I'm all for weeding out the real trouble/troublemakers, but going to matches is becoming far too clinical, who gives a stuff if you hear the odd swear or witness the odd rude gesture made to the opposition fans, it's not a Sunday School Picnic, and so long as there's no racism, sectarianism etc involved then I see no real harm.  I'm not the smallest of people and I was cursed with red hair (I really didn't have much going for me) and I was subject to Fat and Ginger jokes all through my childhood, if I could cope with it every day of the week, I'm sure a player can cope with it once a week from opposition fans without the need to go crying about it.  In fact, I'd like to actually see some figures on how often players do actually report directly (without press leading them for a story) on being upset by whats shouted at them during games, I would bet everything on it being a miniscule figure, and nowhere near the issue these "Public Servants" would have us believe.

These claims of behaviour that "Incites Violence" I also think are a load of tosh.  Unless someone actually lays hands on another person then their is no excuse for them to react with violence, if they do then they are worse than the so called "offender".  Flashing your erse at someone may not be the most pleasant thing to witness, but it's hardly inciting violence.  People need to learn to be a little more tolerant and live and let live.

The problem in this day and age is that everyone feels they have to justify their existence, Stewards think they have had a poor day at work if they haven't ejected a few fans, police have arrest targets to keep up and courts, despite being stretched to the limit, seem to want to give themselves more and more work.....none of it makes any sense to me and I truly think the whole country is going berserk.

Couldn't agree more

Really could not care about your opinion of me but I guess you probably would be surprised to see a supporter passionate about his club.  I obviously regret being chucked out but not because I got over excited when the team scored...... the whole idea is showing your team that it means something when we score a goal, they are not just playing for their money and so they don't receive criticism from so-called supporters :006: but for the fans that care about the club

who are you to pass judgement