FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney and Foran to Aberdeen

AJS

Highly likely that they are targets if you ask me. And highly likely that Aberdeen will offer more money than we can.

The questions Rooney, Foran, Hayes, etc need to ask themselves is, if they wish to get the Holy Grail (a.k.a the English premier League) is Aberdeen the right springboard club...no

Hearts - Craig Gordon

Hibs - Steven Fletcher

Hamilton - James Mcarthy

Rangers - Alan Hutton

Motherwell - James McFadden

I'd safely say modern Aberdeen are a players graveyard - any player lucky enough to shine amongst the dirge has been few and far between, home grown, and not excelled elsewhere anyway.

Besides, they're broke and no chance of UEFA or Champions League. Best thing for the trio is to shine agin in the SPL ad earn a bigger, better, more lucrative move in season 2011/12 or 12/13 should they so wish...i don't think ICT holds any player back and is an excellent club to stand out in with players going to Celtic, Hibs, Watford...Aberdeen is a diddy team now.

Conclusion: One more season at least please!!!

I would have thought Foran would be the subject of quite a bit of transfer interest. Who, below the OF, wouldn't want him?

I hope we either hold out for a lot of money or let him go on a free next year for Rooney if he wants to leave. Fed up being ripped off.

Highly likely that they are targets if you ask me. And highly likely that Aberdeen will offer more money than we can.

The questions Rooney, Foran, Hayes, etc need to ask themselves is, if they wish to get the Holy Grail (a.k.a the English premier League) is Aberdeen the right springboard club...no

Hearts - Craig Gordon

Hibs - Steven Fletcher

Hamilton - James Mcarthy

Rangers - Alan Hutton

I'd safely say modern Aberdeen are a players graveyard - any player lucky enough to shine amongst the dirge has been few and far between, home grown, and not excelled elsewhere anyway.

Besides, they're broke and no chance of UEFA or Champions League. Best thing for the trio is to shine agin in the SPL ad earn a bigger, better, more lucrative move in season 2011/12 or 12/13 should they so wish...i don't think ICT holds any player back and is an excellent club to stand out in with players going to Celtic, Hibs, Watford...Aberdeen is a diddy team now.

Russel Anderson , Scott Severin , Barry Nicholson and Lee Miller have all moved onto bigger and better things since leaving Aberdeen .

Hearts - Craig Gordon

Hibs - Steven Fletcher

Hamilton - James Mcarthy

Rangers - Alan Hutton

Russel Anderson , Scott Severin , Barry Nicholson and Lee Miller have all moved onto bigger and better things since leaving Aberdeen .

Russel Anderson - Derby

Scott Severin - Kilmarnock :)

Barry Nicholson - Preston

Lee Miller - M'boro

Middling Championship sides (and a gash SPL team...). Rooney, Foran, Hayes will be at that stage next season anyway. What they should aim at is regular football with a team in european comps in the SPL in a season or two.

Yeah, I wouldn't advise Aberdeen to Hayes or Rooney. Foran's more towards the end of his career (still plenty of time to go but not up'n'coming), so a top six is about the best he'll get. Hopefully, that'll be with an ambitious ICT. For the other two, going to a failing Aberdeen team with a manager under pressure isn't going to achieve much. Prove themselves with a year or two with ICT, then a step up is easily possible. Maybe even with an Aberdeen team if they can get their mojo back. But a good time to sit and wait IMHO.

Hearts - Craig Gordon

Hibs - Steven Fletcher

Hamilton - James Mcarthy

Rangers - Alan Hutton

Russel Anderson - Derby

Lee Miller - M'boro

Middling Championship sides (and a gash SPL team...). Rooney, Foran, Hayes will be at that stage next season anyway. What they should aim at is regular football with a team in european comps in the SPL in a season or two.

That's us isn't it?

Hearts - Craig Gordon

Hibs - Steven Fletcher

Hamilton - James Mcarthy

Rangers - Alan Hutton

Russel Anderson - Derby

Lee Miller - M'boro

Anderson signed for a Premiership side ( Sunderland ) and Severin signed for Watford when they left Aberdeen .

The fact is Aberdeen can't afford to pay a transfer fee for Rooney. So that isn't going to happen.

Foran could be a possibility, but i'd like to think he's want to stay on after guiding us to the SPL with Terry.

That was my thinking behnind it. McGhee himself said Aberdeen have no money to buy players and i think with the Foran/Butcher connection still in place i couldn't see Foran going there. What i think may keep Hayes here is the other irish lads.

Edited by ajsict92

There will always be rumours of players being linked here there and everywhere. Fact is, If Aberdeen were so keen they'd have done something before now. Ok, they can't talk to Rooney at the moment but Foran is free to agree pre-contract. That hasn't happened so until it does then I'll treat all the guff as pure media speculation.

There will always be rumours of players being linked here there and everywhere. Fact is, If Aberdeen were so keen they'd have done something before now. Ok, they can't talk to Rooney at the moment but Foran is free to agree pre-contract. That hasn't happened so until it does then I'll treat all the guff as pure media speculation.

Its hardly guff when Mark McGhee has been at a few ICT games and has admitted he was there to watch Foran , Hayes and Rooney .

Probably he was looking at how effective a shamrock leaf attack can be and looking for tips of Terry. Foran will be loyal to Terry, as he was loyal in staying when we went down, less likely to jump ship as we go up. Hayes has said in the Courier he came here to play SPL football with ICT. Rooney worth a few hundred thousand - cant see Stuart Milne doing a Melville at Dundee. Think we will have more money than Dons this Summer, as they are skint and are planning moving stadium

Its hardly guff when Mark McGhee has been at a few ICT games and has admitted he was there to watch Foran , Hayes and Rooney .

He has been but then he's also been to many other games. As has many other managers. Doesn't mean he liked what he seen

If we like it or not, the Sheepmen are, despite their poor performances, a big club in Scottish football terms and will be in a position to offer any player considerably more than we can. As for the "no money" bit, this is just a plead poverty ploy in advance of any dialogue which may take place with any club.

There interest worries me, not necessarily because they may end up at the Farm, as it will very quickly flush out other interested parties who may be more attractive than the Dons. The possibility of departure would then be much more significant.

Edited by Sorted

It is worrying. Dons have 'no money' but can pay say ?2000 per week against our half or less of that. Imagine going home to the wife and saying 'darling I/we have just been offered ?100,000 per year to go to Aberdeen on a 2 year contract. Should we stay in Inverness for a lot less or head down the road for a couple of years?

Even though it is a dull, cold depressing hole I have a fair idea what the response would be!