FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reserves vs Killie

caley100

Managed to get to see first half plus 15 or so mins of second.

KO 2pm.

Nutters present were me Guzz and Uncle Albert, with an appearance from Pete from westhill.

and a fleeting visit from bronson after half time, who after sneezing over all, retired back to bed claiming a heavy cold prevented further attendance.

Team:

Fraser,

Soane  Duff  Kerr  Golly

Sutherland  Duncan  Blackie Morgan

Rory    Denzil

Bright start from both teams, Killie took the lead when A Weegie took a knockdown and shot past Fraser only to see his shot hit the bar, a n other headed the rebound past Fraser - who was not happy with Kerr for getting beat for the rebound.

ICT drew level with a fine move down the right with Rory smacking the cross ball past the keeper, ICT were looking ok, but as were discussed it must be difficult for players to raise their game.

We took the lead with another fine move starting with a long diagonal pass from Golly which Rory raced onto his early low centre to the far post saw Denzil and a defender meet, result  -  goal for Denzil... maybe aye or maybees naw. some say OG some say not.

Anyway 2-1 HT, changes- Sweggie for Denzil and Hart for Blackie

Second half saw ICT take control, Killie no7 got booked for another late tackle which was not a surprise as he was mouthing off  quite a lot and generally being a ******.

Sweggie, after a neat 1-2 with morgan had a blistering shot well saved by the keeper, as ICT took control.

At this point yours truly had to retire back to the helm of HMS Galaxy.

any who wishes to add the final bit to the report... Guzz?  please continue.

Denzil looked pretty good to me Colin, made some good runs, lots of off the ball runs, some nice touches and a couple of trademark stepovers to fool defenders.

Needs a couple of first team games to get sharp, will be on the bench on Saturday.

Still dont know the final score.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

A fair result with Rory unlucky not to get the second, Dennis put in a good first half and made a lot of play but his pace is a wee bit off on the long runs, Black I thought also put in a good first half and seemed to enjoy switching wings halfway through the half, Zander turned in a poor performance in the first half but started to come into it well in the last 20.

McSwegan and Rory certainly seemed to work well together and Rory unselfishly gifted him the third goal but give McSwegan credit by getting into a great scoring position.

All in all a good working and at times skilfull game by ICT, MoM the match definately young Rory.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Morgan had a really good game, very strong and always threatening, difficult man for a defender to deal with, as I said he had a great match but Rory shaved it for me with the lay off to McSwegan and his goal.

No doubt for me that Morgan needs to get a start in the first team and soon.

One wee comment on the Killie team in that they didn't look that bad but their game suffered from a bit of over enthusiasm daft wild runs with no real finishing, their goalie was a loudmouth.