FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

ICTFCkev

i see you dodged my question about how you think Imries contribution to ICT has been negligible

i certainly do not have bee in my bonnet nor did i sling any mud at anyone.

i merely suggested the statement where you described his contribution to ICT as negligible was 'absolute twaddle', if you find that offensive or provocative then i am sorry.

Im not going to list all of his achievements nor could i without refering to an external source and to be honest thats not what is being discussed in this thread.

Imrie played over 60 games for ICT and like it or not his contribution either directly or indirectly won us games. If this is deemed as negligible then i need to check the definition of negligible

The main jist of what im trying to say is, football is full of varying characters, some we like, some we dont, however the crux of the matter is not our opinions on the player but what he does for the club. Imrie, whether you find him friend or foe, contributed to this team.

Au contraire, mon ami, I would say it is you who have dodged it.

Surely logic dictates that you have the easy job- proving a positive is far simpler than proving a negative. Just show how he has, quote, "won games for us and scored important goals for us". If you cannot produce such a list, then indeed his contribution to this mighty club has been negligible.

Never mind consulting sources, you could do it from memory with other (non-negligible) ICT players such as Denzil or Bobby Mann, so why not with Imrie?

Apart from his excellent free kick at Tynecastle, (a game we lost anyway) I cannot think of one thing about Imrie that I will remember in 10 years time, when we're still talking about people like 10cc, Barry Robson, Barry Wilson, Jim Calder, Broonie, etc, etc, etc. Even Alan Hercher gives me more memories of his 2 years or so at this club than Imrie does.

Apart from his pace and a strong left foot shot, he is a limited footballer. He runs into blind alleys, has little vision, very little skill and cannot make a pass. I mean when he tries to pass, as opposed to when he's just being greedy.

However you seem to think I dislike him personally - not so. I admire how far he has come in the game with so little talent.

p.s. I bet you weren't even at the Arbroath game :nanananana:

ive dodged my own question?? :ponder:

Did i say he was anywhere near the level of club legends such as Denzil or Mann? Absolutely not. So where you got that one from i do not have the foggiest.

All i said was that he has contributed to this club and either through goals or assists has helped this team win games in the past. Naming each individual positive action of Imries is nigh on impossible i dont have the time nor inclination to list every single positive action he has made in an ICT shirt.

The only reason i posted in this thread was because people seemed to be overly concerned by his off-field demeanour or his sometimes inflammatory behaviour on field and not what he does in a football respect.

Were going round in circles. you clearly think he is crap, i dont however, and going by the fact he is at his second SPL club it would appear a few others seem to be of the opinion that he isnt such an attrocious player as you make out.

At the end of the day he is no longer an ICT player so he is of little concern to me now.

The only reason i posted in this thread was because people seemed to be overly concerned by his off-field demeanour or his sometimes inflammatory behaviour on field and not what he does in a football respect.

Were going round in circles. you clearly think he is crap, i dont however, and going by the fact he is at his second SPL club it would appear a few others seem to be of the opinion that he isnt such an attrocious player as you make out.

:clapoverhead:

:clapoverhead:

:thumbup: