FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Hibs

RiG

All this time without domestic football is doing my head in so I think we should start looking forward to playing Hibs. Seems like there will be a good crowd heading down to this one so hopefully the team will do us proud. I'd take a point myself but wouldn't be adverse to a cheeky win in the capital.

I'd line up (barring any injuries I'm unaware of):

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Gillet

Cox Duncan

Hayes Odihambo Ross

Rooney

With Duff coming in that gives us an extra option in the midfield. Depending on how training goes through the week I would stil expect that team to start however Duff might come in for Ross and Odihambo could push to the side and Duff take up a CM spot. Looking forward to seeing Hayes go up against Muray who will be roasted and resort to his familiar tactic of trying to haul his opponent down by his shirt.

Hibs have obviously lost Stokes to Celtic which is great news for us as he seems to bag a goal or two when we face him. However we still need to recognise the "Colin Nish Hypothesis" which nets the big man at least a goal against ICT. I think he has scored something like 7 or 8 goals against us. Munro and Tokely will need to be strong against him. Hassling the likely midfield pair of Rankin and Miller will also be key to our success.

C'mon ICT! :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

goin with Rig on this one. although almost have a sneaking suspicion that might see rosco back ot the right and proctor in the middle. although rosco is slower. proctor was strong against the dundee forwards.

don't think duff deserves a start or to jump ahead of sanchez/sutherland in the cue for utility man/support striker. or mcbain/morrison for any other midfield berths. wasn't to impressed the first time (another thread i know)

• Disagree 1

although almost have a sneaking suspicion that might see rosco back ot the right and proctor in the middle. although rosco is slower. proctor was strong against the dundee forwards.

Good shout there actually. I forgot that the two of them could simply switch round. I think we might see Riordan pull to the left quite often like he did against Rangers and he contributed sod all. Certainly he's not the quickest and Tokely might enjoy that if he was to play at RB!

That said, I think I'd prefer the idea of Tokely and Munro standing up to Nish as opposed to Munro and Proctor.

Edited by RiG

I'd line up (barring any injuries I'm unaware of):

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Gillet

Cox Duncan

Hayes Odihambo Ross

Rooney

Spot on! The big guys in the centre, with Proctor man-marking Riordan.

With Duff coming in that gives us an extra option in the midfield. Depending on how training goes through the week I would stil expect that team to start however Duff might come in for Ross and Odihambo could push to the side and Duff take up a CM spot. Looking forward to seeing Hayes go up against Muray who will be roasted and resort to his familiar tactic of trying to haul his opponent down by his shirt.

Spot on! Duff either coming on to attack if we need, or as an extra def mid if we're winning for one of Ross/Odi/Hayes. That's the value of a utility player.

Hibs have obviously lost Stokes to Celtic which is great news for us as he seems to bag a goal or two when we face him. However we still need to recognise the "Colin Nish Hypothesis" which nets the big man at least a goal against ICT. I think he has scored something like 7 or 8 goals against us. Munro and Tokely will need to be strong against him. Hassling the likely midfield pair of Rankin and Miller will also be key to our success.

Spot on! Proctor's really best against a player like Stokes, with brain over brawn. Tokely against Nish is perfect, with Munro almost as a sweeper. Rankin's been a sub recently, so we can ignore Cregg or McBride as an attacking threat (pretty much) and stop Miller. de Graff looks a player mind. With our two defensive midfielders plus a central attacking mid, that occupies him in defence, whilst stopping any midfield launches that we'd be prone to in a straight 4-4-2

C'mon ICT! :ictscarf:

Spot on!

----------------Tuffey

Proctor innes Munro Gillet

---------------Duncan

--Hayes McBain Odihambo

--------------Sanchez

---------------Rooney

There speaks a man who does not take defeat to Hamilton lightly! How many changes is that?

Away from home, I'd be inclined to give the bulk of the team from two weeks ago* another chance: with any luck Hibs will come out at us and Eric, Hayes and Rooney can try to pick them off on the counter - assuming we don't lose another goal in 41 seconds...

Would like to see Sanchez get some game time from the bench if it's not working though - his passing could make a difference.

*Edited to add - in fact, I'd agree completely with RiG's team.

Edited by alternative maryhill

----------------Esson

Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Gillet

----------Duff, Cox

Hayes, Odhiambo, Ross

-------------Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Morrison, McBain, Sanchez, Sutherland, Duncan

goin with Rig on this one. although almost have a sneaking suspicion that might see rosco back ot the right and proctor in the middle. although rosco is slower. proctor was strong against the dundee forwards.

don't think duff deserves a start or to jump ahead of sanchez/sutherland in the cue for utility man/support striker. or mcbain/morrison for any other midfield berths. wasn't to impressed the first time (another thread i know)

So it turns out Proctor really is a good centre half? Add that to the fact that Rooney and Rory are now two of the most prolific goalscorers in Scotland. Fair play Brewster, peraps you weren't so daft afterall. :ponder:

Aye right, take a look at your avatar! :lol:

---------------esson------------------

proc----tokely----munro----gillet

-----------duff----duncan------------

hayes---------odi--------------ross

-----------------rooney-------

subs: tuffey, innes, duff, cox, mcbain, sanners, sutherland

Obviously a big fan of Duff to have him in the starting XI as well as the subs bench! :tongue:

Obviously a big fan of Duff to have him in the starting XI as well as the subs bench! :tongue:

woops! meant golly. Damn keyboard :tongueincheek: