FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thanks and apology

Guest Mahonio

Ok, i know i was a bit of an arse the other day when posting a crazy heat of the moment thread (no excuse, i realise that) titled "Butcher must go" so i am going to start by apologising for that, not forced i hasten to add and also to the way that i have posted recently especially to some posters that rightly criticised me for starting that mad thread.

I have learned a lesson from this mid-week so i can assure you, nothing like that will happen again. Also, i don't expect praise to just come to me having the guts to apologise, in fact, i may (again, rightly) get no praise and i wouldn't mind if i didn't.

Lastly, i huge thanks to tm4tj, Scarlet Pimple and in a way IHE for giving me a pep talk or lecture on the way that i have posted lately.

Now, LETS SUPPORT ICT AND TEL :ictscarf::ictscarf:.

Edited by Mahonio

Ok, i know i was a bit of an arse the other day when posting a crazy heat of the moment thread (no excuse, i realise that) titled "Butcher must go" so i am going to start by apologising for that, not forced i hasten to add and also to the way that i have posted recently especially to some posters that rightly criticised me for starting that mad thread.

I have learned a lesson from this mid-week so i can assure you, nothing like that will happen again. Also, i don't expect praise to just come to me having the guts to apologise, in fact, i may (again, rightly) get no praise and i wouldn't mind if i didn't.

Lastly, i huge thanks to tm4tj and in a way IHE for giving me a pep talk or lecture on the way that i have posted lately.

Now, LETS SUPPORT ICT AND TEL :ictscarf::ictscarf:.

I'll give you some praise, mate. I didn't agree with your post on Wednesday, but you took a serious kicking for it and it says a lot for you that you've come back and shown how much you support the team.

The midweek game was a financial bonus for the club - nothing more. I only went (2nd visit to that dump in the slums) because it was a cup game and Celtic were only getting half of my very hard earned cash. Anyway, back to the point, I spoke to a few of the "best fans in the world" who had been at the game at work the next day. One of them said it was the best he had seen Celtic play in 4 years. Consider they've spent in big way over the summer and failed to progress in Europe, it was pretty enevitable we were in for a horsing from the kick off. It really was a David v Goliath midweek. On a brighter note, our deprivation tour has come to an end so you can breath easy. (Btw that deprivation reference was coined by ICTChris so I'm not going to pretend that I came up with that.) Are you going to the game on Saturday Mahonio? Have a green from me. The club needs more young guys like you supporting the team. There's too many up north following the infirm. Stay positive fella - don't let stinking thinking drag you down.

And I wonder if Terry did that glass of red wine post-match with Neil Lennon...

Edited by Top Six Next Year
  • Disagree 1

Ooh.....i had completely missed all the fun and frolics the other night. Mahinio....you certainly got pelters eh! ach well....we all react to results at times. Now...had it been Brewster back in the day....ad have stuck up for ya! :twothumbsup:

The midweek game was a financial bonus for the club - nothing more. I only went (2nd visit to that dump in the slums) because it was a cup game and Celtic were only getting half of my very hard earned cash. Anyway, back to the point, I spoke to a few of the "best fans in the world" who had been at the game at work the next day. One of them said it was the best he had seen Celtic play in 4 years. Consider they've spent in big way over the summer and failed to progress in Europe, it was pretty enevitable we were in for a horsing from the kick off. It really was a David v Goliath midweek. On a brighter note, our deprivation tour has come to an end so you can breath easy. (Btw that deprivation reference was coined by ICTChris so I'm not going to pretend that I came up with that.) Are you going to the game on Saturday Mahonio? Have a green from me. The club needs more young guys like you supporting the team. There's too many up north following the infirm. Stay positive fella - don't let stinking thinking drag you down.

As i said to someone else in the "Team for Celtic" thread, it is not easy for me to just get time off of work especially as most Golf comps take place at weekend, but to answer your question, if i can get someone to take me down on Sat then yes but again, it isn't easy finding people to go down with :( and i am not one for going alone so i may answer that question later in the week once i know if i can get down but this is a game i do want to go to :ictscarf:

As i said to someone else in the "Team for Celtic" thread, it is not easy for me to just get time off of work especially as most Golf comps take place at weekend, but to answer your question, if i can get someone to take me down on Sat then yes but again, it isn't easy finding people to go down with :( and i am not one for going alone so i may answer that question later in the week once i know if i can get down but this is a game i do want to go to :ictscarf:

I hope that didn't sound narky because it wasn't supposed to ok ;)

If its any consolation Mahonio....while i do think your initial post re Butch was a tad reactionary to say the least.....i feel you handled the backlash with a fair amount of dignity, and didnt retaliate to the name calling etc. Which isnt not an easy thing to do online. So, fair play to ya on that. Also...i know all to well what its like to have a bee in your bonnet about a manager, so....i have been as guilty as you for calling for heads...except...mine was about a BAZILLION times more justified. So fear not bud, we all have our moments :twothumbsup:

Edited by SMEE

It would be good to have Terry and Mo come on to the chatroom for an hour to discuss things. Wonder if it's possible to arrange?

Funnily enough, when Boardroom Banter was on the go, I did once ask if we could have a one-off "Butcher's Banter". IIRC is was only a couple of months after TB had become ICT manager. When the reply came, they said they'd put to Butcher and Malpas to see if it could be done. Well, I never heard about it again after that, so whether they ever did ask Butcher or he wasn't keen, I have no idea.

Yeah... Good on ya, Mahonio, although if you'd said what you said about 9 months ago, you would have got a lot of support for it!

All the same, I suspect I know how your unfortunate post might have arisen.

Years ago I went out with a lovely barmaid from Thurso - She explained to me one night in a moment of unbridled passion, that one of her duties in the hotel/bar she worked in, involved decanting cheap (very cheap) Polish vodka into Smirnoff bottles....

That cheap Polish stuff can cause all manner of hallucinations and numerous other maladies.... You have to be so careful in your part of the world....Just ask IHE... He's an expert on that subject.

Have another green dot.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mahonio

The Aberdeen result just shows how wrong i was want Butch sacked so again i apologise for that mad thread and a message to Hibernian FC "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF TEL".

Also, thanks to all the posters who gave me a green dot for this thread, i probably didn't deserve them but it does help me get closer to IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER in top position of Positive reputation on 73pts, another 100pts needed to equal him :laugh::laugh::rotflmao::rotflmao:.