FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to make a stand?

GMD11UK

"I'm extremely happy working here," he stated. "When I signed the contract earlier this year I wanted to lead by example in committing my future to Inverness and that still holds true.

"I'm really enjoying it at Caley Thistle and it gives me a great deal of pleasure to see how much progress the club has made since coming here.

"However, even though we've achieved a lot there is still work to be done and that's something both myself and Maurice (Malpas, Caley Thistle assistant manager) are looking forward to."

He'd regret walking away from his biggest success story into the mire.

"I'm extremely happy working here," he stated. "When I signed the contract earlier this year I wanted to lead by example in committing my future to Inverness and that still holds true.

"I'm really enjoying it at Caley Thistle and it gives me a great deal of pleasure to see how much progress the club has made since coming here.

"However, even though we've achieved a lot there is still work to be done and that's something both myself and Maurice (Malpas, Caley Thistle assistant manager) are looking forward to."

But he'd still do it if he got the chance. Too big a job to turn down and all that. The comments above are those of a man that's keeping his options open.

:notlistening: lalalalalalalalalalala

:notlistening:lalalalalalalalalalala

Wow very childish posts :slapme:

Terry Butcher will NOT be going to Pittodrie the Aberdeen fans will make sure of that

Any higher profile job that now becomes available Terry will be linked too

Terry will be away in the future that i have no doubt but this is not the time to jump ship and Terry himself knows that

dougal

• Disagree 1

I'd like to think that TB will remain at ICT until the time arrives when he feels he cannot take the club any further forward.

Hopefully that time is still a long way off....

Good article here in the P&J which Caley Stan will no doubt interpret as further proof that TB is "keeping his options open"..!

See here...

• Agree 1

But he'd still do it if he got the chance. Too big a job to turn down and all that. The comments above are those of a man that's keeping his options open.

I don't see what the rush is. the aberdeen job will come up again in another 18 months. by which time we'll be the "third force in scottish football" :tongueincheek: and terry and mo can pick any job they want.

• Agree 1

i dont see them going!

there is no emotional pull like there was with pele , robbo and brew.

i dont see Terry & Mo giving up their successes with ICT (hasnt he won his only managerial trophy with us??) to wonder along the A96 to go to the Pitt of doom to take over from Muttleys mistakes.

surely no one in the right mind would swap pushing for europe to a relegation dog fight?

im afraid we are stuck with them for the time being

:ictscarf::twothumbsup:

I'd like to think that TB will remain at ICT until the time arrives when he feels he cannot take the club any further forward.

Think that's the second time this season I have agreed with you, Johnboy...and it's not even Christmas yet!!!

Good article here in the P&J which Caley Stan will no doubt interpret as further proof that TB is "keeping his options open"..!

See here...

I don't interpret this as angling for a move to Aberdeen. I think it's far more likely that TB and MM could end up managing Rangers when Walter Smith retires.

See here...

Yup, it's another set of quotes that fails to tell us what we want to hear. Did you notice how Pele / Robbo / Brewster jumped ship? It always begins with a week of quotes about how much they love life at ICT and how happy they'd be to stay and continue what they started. It's all very nice but it still allows for a but......i just couldn't turn down the opportunity of working for a big club like Aberdeen / Hearts / Dundee United. If Butcher's offered this job then i think he'll take it. Hopefully he doesn't get offered it.

'Pressure Mounting on Keane in Fifth Straight League Loss' may be more of a worry although Terry seems much happier in Scotland. I genuinely believe Terry is happy here because this is probably close to his best spell as a manager and I can see he is getting pleasure in seeing players develop individually and collectively. I am assuming money is not his main motivator.

Yup, it's another set of quotes that fails to tell us what we want to hear. Did you notice how Pele / Robbo / Brewster jumped ship? It always begins with a week of quotes about how much they love life at ICT and how happy they'd be to stay and continue what they started. It's all very nice but it still allows for a but......i just couldn't turn down the opportunity of working for a big club like Aberdeen / Hearts / Dundee United. If Butcher's offered this job then i think he'll take it. Hopefully he doesn't get offered it.

Sure, managers have left us (and other teams) before after claiming they wanted to stay but what exactly do you want to hear? That he doesn't enjoy it here? That he can't wait to get away? At the moment, he's making long-term plans and saying he wants to stay. That's as good as we can get surely?

For a start, Butcher has 18 months left on his contract.

True, but I was more alluding to the point that it's interesting that two unrelated people heard the same story in two unrelated places. That fact that they both say Butcher wants it is one thing, but what interests me is that both post mention Malpas's feelings. With that in mind I think that the chances of Butcher leaving could be more likely than we would be lead to or would like to believe.

TB is just being the consummate professional as usual. Of course he is entitled to consider any job that is on offer - although I doubt it, it could be a career boosting move with "promises" to boot - plus although many of us may disagree - the way he is acting is actually respectful to Aberdeen.

And he simply has to be on the shortlist for most available clubs in Britain at the moment - but he has work to finish at ICT.

• Agree 1

Aberdeen fans have turned on former heroes, if he didnt get instant results can you immagine how they would respect the former captain of their most hated rivals.

Cant really see this as a job for someone who already has a management post. Reckon they will go for someone who is out of work ( no compensation ) and who has nowt to lose basically.

Only two jobs our Tel would covet, ones in the blue of Glasgow, and the other the blue of Suffolk, and I think he would prefer to stay north of the border!

Can someone explain to me why Butcher would want to go to a club with crap players, crap board, crap support, no money and an overinflated ego that lives on the "glory" of one cup in the eighties? No? I'll take it that he's staying then. BTW, if there would be anyone less popular than an ex-h*n captain at pitoddrie, it would be an ex-arab captain. Case feckin rested.

Can someone explain to me why Butcher would want to go to a club with crap players, crap board, crap support, no money and an overinflated ego that lives on the "glory" of one cup in the eighties? No? I'll take it that he's staying then. BTW, if there would be anyone less popular than an ex-h*n captain at pitoddrie, it would be an ex-arab captain. Case feckin rested.

Yeah, but some ambitious, career-minded idiot might see a move to Aberdeen as a move to a bigger club which could lead on to eternal greatness.

Just look at what the likes of Sir Alex, and all the others who managed that once great club went on to achieve....

:doh:

Droll, droll. Have a green dot for that reply. I love the Alex Ferguson comparison - he's the very reason that everyone that follows him is fecked before they start at that miserable, useless excuse of a club. I hope they appoint someone more useless than Muttley, who can preside over their inevitable plummet into Div. 1 and we can watch Milne implode. I'll go to their game at C*unty, gladly pay my money and laugh like a drain for the whole 90 minutes. Now that would be entertainment.