FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

rangers and honest mistakes

craigy

As i said in the match thread I'm a Celtic fan, i thought that this would be relevant with yet another honest mistake in Rangers favour yesterday.

I know most fans outside of the old firm think that the old firm always get all the decisions but i cant really think of any dodgy decisions that Celtic have benefited from over the last three seasons, now i know that they probably have benefited from some somewhere along the line but i wouldn't have noticed them as im biased in favour of Celtic however i strongly doubt that they or any other club in Scotland have benefited from anywhere near the same amount of blatantly wrong decisions as Rangers have at a time when it has been essential for Rangers very existence that they make the champions league.

Now put yourself in the refs shoes, if you supported Rangers and you knew if they didn't get into the champions league they could go bankrupt would you be able to turn down a penalty claim from Rangers or would you find yourself looking for reasons to give them penalties or to chop of goals for the other team?

Another thing is aren't refs supposed to be marked down for poor performances and be demoted if they keep performing badly?How then was Dougie Mcdonald allowed to keep on making mistakes in Rangers favour without being demoted?

Could people please click on the following link, read the article then post your views on the subject http://top50honestmistakes.blogspot.com/

• Disagree 30

sorry but why are you even on here

are you trying to garner some sort of petition or something because i can hardly see the logic in a celtic fan coming on a caley forum to discuss rangers. are you trying to get a bite out of someone?? because if you are then you really must do better in your idea of banter and fishing

why not go back to your own forums and discuss ways of beating rangers rather than bleating about referees

Craigy, you have used the term "honest mistakes" in your thread title and then in your post imply that the referee yesterday gave the penalty to Rangers because he's a Rangers fan and wants to see then in the Champion's league! How on earth do you expect anybody to take you seriously? How about using your own forum to suggest your obnoxious manager treats referees with a bit more respect instead of coming on here to have a dig at Rangers.

• Agree 2

If the referee wanted to gift Rangers the game he could have given the penalty when Cox handballed in the first half.

He was conned by a cheating Beattie for the one that was given. That's an honest mistake. Players aren't perfect and neither are Referees, mistakes will always happen until technology is allowed to be used to make sure decisions are 100% correct.

The refereeing standards debate is a legitimate one but it has been hijacked by Celtic's paranoia to the point where the debate isn't about refereeing standards but some completely ridiculous notion of institutionalised injustice... Which is very, very boring...

Let's look at it another way:

- did Strachan lose the title because he didn't buy in another striker, rather than rely on the injured McDonald or the ineffectual Samaras and van Hooijdonk?

- was the team Mowbray built good enough to win the league?

- who is the better manager - Strachan, Mowbray, Lennon or Smith?

- has Lennon ever won a must-win match?

Celtic haven't had a good enough team or manager to win the title. Be good enough to compete, then start whining.

"honest mistakes" and "wee sensible debate" = :cry: we're so oppressed, poor little us having to cope with being second.

i cant really think of any dodgy decisions that Celtic have benefited from over the last three seasons

May not have been in the last three seasons but Neil Lennon & Juanjo spring to mind. Lennon went down like a sack of spuds and simulated being hit in the face, the ref sent off our best player on that day ... Juanjo ! Card was later rescinded but the cheating Lennon had no sanctions taken against him.

How then was Dougie Mcdonald allowed to keep on making mistakes in Rangers favour without being demoted?

How was he allowed to make the mistake described above without being demoted ?

• Agree 3

As i said in the match thread I'm a Celtic fan, i thought that this would be relevant with yet another honest mistake in Rangers favour yesterday.

I know most fans outside of the old firm think that the old firm always get all the decisions but i cant really think of any dodgy decisions that Celtic have benefited from over the last three seasons, now i know that they probably have benefited from some somewhere along the line but i wouldn't have noticed them as im biased in favour of Celtic however i strongly doubt that they or any other club in Scotland have benefited from anywhere near the same amount of blatantly wrong decisions as Rangers have at a time when it has been essential for Rangers very existence that they make the champions league.

Now put yourself in the refs shoes, if you supported Rangers and you knew if they didn't get into the champions league they could go bankrupt would you be able to turn down a penalty claim from Rangers or would you find yourself looking for reasons to give them penalties or to chop of goals for the other team?

Another thing is aren't refs supposed to be marked down for poor performances and be demoted if they keep performing badly?How then was Dougie Mcdonald allowed to keep on making mistakes in Rangers favour without being demoted?

Could people please click on the following link, read the article then post your views on the subject http://top50honestmi...s.blogspot.com/

Probably want to try the old firm forum on pie and bovril with this one. I will say that I thought Murray had a poor day yesterday - that is all.

I know most fans outside of the old firm think that the old firm always get all the decisions but i cant really think of any dodgy decisions that Celtic have benefited from over the last three seasons......

That's as far as I had to read before giving a red dot :lol:

We play in red and blue and have a rangers icon as manager, therefore we are obviously secret rangers supporters and taking points off them this season, beating them at ibrox in our last SPL season were just terrible mistakes. I'll have a word with all the category 1 refs at the next freemasons ball for you. In the meantime - f**k off back to your paranoid, delusional padded cell with your ignorant and odious manager and leave us to happily go about having a great season. You cretin.

Edited by KingBeastie

May not have been in the last three seasons but Neil Lennon & Juanjo spring to mind. Lennon went down like a sack of spuds and simulated being hit in the face, the ref sent off our best player on that day ... Juanjo ! Card was later rescinded but the cheating Lennon had no sanctions taken against him.

You don't have to go back very far. What about the first day of this season. Hayes looks like running amok first 20 mins so Ledley(?) halves him in the middle of the park and doesn't even get a card. Obviously wee Jonny is knackered and doesn't contribute much to the game after that.

Also Samaras- 3 blatant handballs from the big girl's blouse, fouls awarded, but no cards.

Fast forward to the League Cup tie at Celtic Park. Wilson (or Ki?) assaults and severely injures Lee Cox and gets a yellow. Imagine if big Rossco had done it instead.

As for the other lot of the ugly sisters, it was only about 2 years ago that it was shown that Celtic had had about 5 decisions in their favour and the season was only a few weeks old. For example, the wee cheat Nakamura 'won' a free kick which produced the only goal of the game at Love Street. Meanwhile Rangers had suffered a few wrong decisions such as a disallowed goal at Pittodrie.

If I was of the hun persuasion (which I'm not) no doubt I would be able to remember more details, but that would spoil a fine story wouldn't it.

A plague on both your houses.

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

I can think of a few desicions that have benefitted Celtic this season in 1 match against ICT alone, never mind the last 3. Jonny Hayes in 1st 30 seconds of the game bursts into the box and is blatantly taken out (By Mulgrew or maybe even Hooliveld). Result- no pen and Hayes in a heap. Later on in the same game (as already noted) Ledley sythes him down in the middle of the park (Perhaps Lennon had him targetted, he seems the type.) Result no booking Hayes effectively done in. Job done.

Celtic won 9-0 against Aberdeen. Result flatters them somewhat, especially considering 2 of the 3 penalties were debatable and one was clearly a dive (Maloney I think) and Im sure them was a foul in the build up to another.

As for the decisions that have went against Celtic this season that the ugly wee ginger paranoid one has complained about :-

- Dundee Utd. Ref CORRECTLY reverses descision to give a penalty for Celtic. Celtic still run out winners. There is some confusion as to how the decision was made, however it is irrelevant as both the decision was correct and it never had any baring on the overall result. Celtic win 2-1.

- Hearts. Ref sends off Joe Ledley for a two footed lunge through Ian Black. UWGPO argues that he won the ball. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to realise going over the top studs up, two footed and through the player to do this is often deemed as dangerous play and as Steven Gerrard has never learned often results in a red card.

I must note that Celtic should have had a penalty but they were truely awful anyway and deserved to lose. Lets make it 2-1(assuming they score penalty) as opposed to 2-0.

UWGPO launches a foul mouthed tirade at the 4th official and is subsquently sent to the stand.

-Rangers. Willie Collum awards Rangers a penalty after a big baldy root vegetable places 2 hands on Kirk "limited ability" Broadfoot and sticks his leg out. Willie Collum has his back to the majority of the incedent(noted), however his head is turned in the correct direction(duly ignored) and he awards a penalty. It is a soft penalty but technically correct. Rangers win 3-1.

- Hamilton. Forrest is sent off for a rash lunge. Celtic will appeal. Jim McAllister is also sent off for near identical foul. Hamilton seem to have accepted it. Willie Collum shows consistency here. Something managers are always on about. Note that certain managers only want consistency if it benefits their team.

Ball swings back out of play after corner is taken. Celtic score, correctly ruled out. Canning looks to be offside when Hamilton score so thats one that has went against Celtic however during such incidents it is easy to see why a linesperson could miss it. score 1-1.

Overall of 6 calls made 4 of them were correct and Celtic can be agrieved about 2. One for a handball the ref probably missed (v Hearts) and the other a missed offside call. Hardly an agenda.

In essence while UWGPO calls up every desicion against his team, then comes out with "Your expecting me to critise the ref but Im not going to" in other words Im as good as saying the ref made calls against us by saying that I shall not. Your not smart Neil. Stop trying to be. This man has frequently since the DUFC game called every decision against his team into question yet has recieved not one charge of direpute. If you all remember the SFA have an agenda against Celtic. Funny how Levien would just have to step out of line once at Hearts and be fined (which he legally refused to pay) and yet others get away with it weekly. He deserves his 6 game ban for his Hearts tirade and subsiquential appealing(in a blatant attempt to further bring direpute and disruption as well as further delay the ban). It should be longer if anything.

If one team is going to consistently question an organisation and the match officials, whilst it isn't right, they might find it alot harder to get the more debatable calls in their favour and at the same time their rivals or opposition might get the benefit of the doubt.

I have to say I've not seen any evidence of this at all. I also do not expect to see any. For whilst our refs might not always be the best, and have many flaws, they do come across as fairly honest and have integrity. Some might be arrogant and not talk to players and club officials but they don't cheat.

Edited by iamthecaptain1
  • Agree 2

i think this celtic fan has realised it was a mistake to complain on this forum

but absolutly nothing is going against celtic just lennons a moaning p***k.

and i hope rangers or hearts win the title so lennon will hopefully be gone from our game forever!!!!

• Agree 2

i think this celtic fan has realised it was a mistake to complain on this forum

but absolutly nothing is going against celtic just lennons a moaning p***k.

and i hope rangers or hearts win the title so lennon will hopefully be gone from our game forever!!!!

In short that ^ :twothumbsup: