FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bye Bye Brewster

Bridge_Ender

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of DUFC fans on Traynor's programme tonight, saying he's not been given enough time in the job... There's been no comment from the grocer... Can he afford to get rid of him and appoint someone else just now? I think he'll probably stay put now till the end of the season....

Also at Hearts.. is the whole team still up for sale, as was promised if they couldn't beat Dunfermline....?

I think not......

Today's been a bit of an anti-climax for me.

Ralph,

Brewster was made to look good by a dedicated ,hardworking squad, ok he played the fitness card, but he was never a man manager.His ego did not allow him let main players be in the spotlight. I do not wish the man ill, but even at his beloved DU,after joining them he has failed. His promised loyalty to ICT and "his" players was short lived maybe the grocer will be more loyal to him, I doubt it.

Ralphy Boy

Who said I was criticising Brewster in its entirety? Dundee United have deep rooted problems and Brewster's failing was that emotion and money sucked him in. Money will suck him out and I am sure he will then head to Greece to lick his wounds and start work again. Potentially he is a very good professional person and I give him great credit for the way that he has built himself up in society and looked after his physical fitness.

Very few people today would suggest he has done a good job for Dundee United this time around. In fact he has been brutally honest that his record is completely unacceptable and his use of inexperienced players yesterday shows that like Bertie, he lacks faith in the squad he built up. Why did he ditch highly experienced players and then argue a few months later he didn't have any experience in the team?

Craig feels you have to plumb the depths before you can start climbing again.Clubs need decent fans like yourself to stay to the renaissance.

2 wins out of about 30 games isn't good enough for a decent squad that should be pushing for a top-six place so in my opinion Brewster has to go. And anyway why did he get rid of players that were of a good quality?

The big name players he got rid of were overpaid duds.

I'm sure Brew can't help wondering how different it might be if he'd got Dods in, to sort out the defence, and give some leadership on the park.

Utd's defence has been shocking recently (and incidentally Proctor has been as guilty as anyone).

As for the lack of leadership........ Robson as captain  :017:

Brewsters entire United 'revolution' was going to be built around getting cetain players from ICT. He never got them and had no other options in the transfer market. So in a way Graeme Bennet and David Sutherland, by playing hard ball, are the ones who have gotten CB sacked  :015:

Well, I feel sorry for Brewster.

The poor guy is gutted.  He took the wrong job at the wrong time, he should have stayed with us for a couple of seasons while he was still learning the trade.  Too much too soon, the jump up from managing a team with low expectations to managing a bunch of duds with high fanbase expectations was too much to handle.  He can't do it overnight and his record at United is extremely poor, whereas we have gone from strength to strength. Lets not forget he took our team forward and did his bit for us.  A lot of our fans are bitter about the way he departed, but it seemed like the next step for him, just too early in his managerial career though.

I for one take no joy at seeing the guy being laughed at every time his losers lose, his esteem must be at an all time low.  If you were not performing great at your job would you want publicly slated or would you prefer coaching. Yes he made a rod for his own back, but gloating over this is in poor taste.

He made the wrong decision and that is of his own doing, I will let him suffer in silence.