FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

went to rugby park cracking day brilliant pie and an ok performance great goal by johnny he really did rip the defenders apart but we failed to hold on and after that we didnt really force the keeper into many saves. Killie really should have scored but somehow missed from a yard. We went 4-5-1 in the second to combat eremenko but strangely took rooney off and placed foran up front on his own. I was surprised terry didnt go more attacking earlier as mcdonald didnt really get a chance to make an impact. But a decent point against a very good footballing team but unfortunately not good enough for top 6 even though most of us realised that we werent consistant enough to make it in the top 6 and fair play to motherwell who hit form at the right time. Always next season but an enjoyable day

Ok...... we wont finish in top six but if I was told at start of season that we would finish above bottom place I would have been delighted knowing what a year in 1st div.did to club. So lets all be happy with the the effort Terry ,Maurice and players have made to get us where we are with all the unfortunate injuries. We now need to get behind the boys and hope to finish as high as possible. We can still make it an exciting finish to this season and then look forward to another in the SPL. Im quite sure Hamilton would happily swap places with us today.

Hope we get more play like yesterday good passing and linking up, no long wasted balls. Good entertaining game.....MORE PLEASE

• Agree 2

Have made a week-end of it down here and went in to see Harry at the Ship Inn today. Good craic, good Guinness and we 'reviewed' the photos from the game last season. Let him know the boys are planning a wee excursion if Ayr end up playing the Gudgies for a place in the first division, delighted to have the additional support! Sends his regards to all.

• Agree 1

Gudgies are from Dingwall.

I thought that Killie played well, and we huffed and puffed a bit but we had strong work ethic and happy with the point. Killie really should have won the game with the open goal but we deserved a point... just! A few good saves from Esson as usual. Cox had a howler. I thought Morrison played well when he came on. I think that the point actually mathematically secured us SPL safety so look on the bright side! Referee was a bit ropey - weird decisions against both teams and the Killie fans seemed to be constantly booing him, but their never happy! A few Killie fans 'accidentally' found themselves in the away end and weren't happy to be moved the 1.5 metres into their end. They really are an angry support! Highlight of the game though was when they thought they scored to go 2-1 up, the taunts form their fans beside the away end backfired big style when the flag went up! That'll teach em! Good hospitality from the County supporting bar man at the Hunting Lodge, pre and post match - even engaging in a few sing songs with us. Top 6 was not to be but a hard fought well deserved point.

Gudgies are from Dingwall.

Thanks for that, never heard that one before. We use the word gadgies down here which refers to tinks etc.Probably both started off as the same word and ended up a bit different

Is it just me but did others go home from this game with a fair degree of positivity - or was it the overindulgence of the Stiffies in the Hunting Lodge and the thought of the wet Fannies afterwards ?!!

We took on a very good side in their back yard, we wnet out to win and attack. We probably just about deserved a draw although Killie missed the sitter of the season and had the clear MOM - Eremenko - providing the class and vision that we have been missing fer ages - If he had been playing in our central midfield we would have murdered them.

ESSON :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: My MOM once again - I think that it is/would be a disgrace if he doesnt get a cap fer his performances this season.

DUFF :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: I have always liked him and would have preferred him in midfield but he really is an accomplished right back - and lets face it - who the feck else is there.

ROSSCOE :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Solid as ever and amazes me how he keeps going. Keeping out Granty and Innes and rightly so - but - sorry - he aint going to keep going fer ever - or even another season in the SPL - could this be a psychological ploy to get Granty more in shape ?

HOGG :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Quite simply will be at the centre of our defence for years to come - and will be captain next season.

GILLET :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Just back and needs games but boy does he have the defensive pace that we have been missing fer a long time - also looks good in the air - could he be the pacy central defender that we have also been lacking in fer yonks.

HAYES :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Still not fit but in some ways his injuries this season have kept him - hopefully - out of the eye of bigger clubs - could be a major influence next season

ROSS :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Young and still learning but I hope that Tel keepsplaying him in central midfield - he is as good as/better than Cox and Duncan but I am still not sure if he is just a copy or whether he does have the capability of being a playmaker.

COX :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: The holding midfielder and good at it - only difference between Cox and Duncan is their ages.

DORAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Impressed me yesterday with his work rate - not just a tanner ba winger - more like a grafting Barry Wilson to me - will just improve.

ROONEY :twothumbsup::twothumbsup: I thought that he was struggling just before half time - I suspect thet he was hooked because of injury.

FORAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Led the line well and is becoming a true captain.

If we start withthis line up next season - we will survive and more

Thanks for that, never heard that one before. We use the word gadgies down here which refers to tinks etc.Probably both started off as the same word and ended up a bit different

I feel that is politer than referring to them as they really are - smelly caravan dwelling peg selling theiving gypsy bestards :rotflmao::rotflmao:

• Agree 3

Just seen the highlights. Only fair to give credit to Kilmarnock for their goal. Brilliant intricate passing movement, brilliant lobbed final ball and brilliant finish. If Barcelona had scored that the media would be raving even more about them being the best team in the world.

On the other hand, I rather enjoyed the Andy Barrowman impersonation in the 2nd half - just to prove they weren't Barcelona in disguise.

Good assessment IHE but I dont think we'll have that team next season. I think Rooney will go elsewhere. I think Doran will go back to Blackburn. I also think Duncan is playing better than ever and, at 31, is still fit and able to give us another season. Rossco may not manage it. Hogg will not be captain because Foran will still be here and keeping the band.

How I wish we could keep everyone except Innes. Even Odhiambo has a part to play in the squad.