FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Play for show

Any one of us present at Pittodrie on Saturday will be amazed at last nights performance.

This then begs the question...

Did players, knowing they were on the way out, up their game on TV hoping to catch the eye of a new club?

If the answer is yes .. then they have proved why they are on the way out - not giving their all to the management team in all matches, resulting in the club losing a possible top six place.

if we were playing St Mirren I might buy into that ... but c'mon, we always raise our game at home versus either half of the OF ! The proof of the pudding will be the next 3 bottom six games ....

if we were playing St Mirren I might buy into that ... but c'mon, we always raise our game at home versus either half of the OF ! The proof of the pudding will be the next 3 bottom six games ....

Yep, thats true(the pudding bit) especially when NONE of the games will even make Alba!

I can only say that they, ICT, should all have had a White Horse test or something similar - Aberdeen performance and last night was chalk and cheese!(Cue Langfield shaking his head in disbelief)

I am so pleased that our cheesy performance was against Celtic though!

Still purring.

Flip side of the coin is.....this came from a Tic fan.....after they wiped the floor with Dundee Utd in their last game...they thought they would be able to get the points last night.....so..its not only ICT who have Jeykl and Hyde performances

I think that our good performances against the OF is not because of who they are but because their need to try and dictate play allows us the opportunity to play to our strengths - on the break.

Against teams who might sit in, eg Hamilton, we struggle to play on the break as much and don't create as much.

Any one of us present at Pittodrie on Saturday will be amazed at last nights performance.

This then begs the question...

Did players, knowing they were on the way out, up their game on TV hoping to catch the eye of a new club?

If the answer is yes .. then they have proved why they are on the way out - not giving their all to the management team in all matches, resulting in the club losing a possible top six place.

A pretty unfair comment I would say. Of the starting line up yesterday, Innes is leaving for personal reasons, Doran is a loan player who I expect Buthcher would keep if he could. All the rest are either on contract or have been offerred contracts with the notable exception of Munro. To suggest that Munro has not given his all in previous matches is grossly insulting to someone who is Caley through and through and who has been a fantastic servant of the club.

Every team has an off day and as much as I was disappointed on Saturday and had a massive rant about the players as I walked up the stairs at Pittodrie in front of Graeme Shinnie (hoping secretly the views would work back to the dressing room in some form) deep down I knew it was just that, an off day. We all have one at work and collectively the team had one.

I do think it is unfair to suggest they upped their game last night as it was on tv, lets not talk ourselves down and try to pick at why we were so good last night compared to Saturday. Lets revell in the fact we beat one half of the OF, all through today all I have read and heard in the media and press was how Celtic were so poor and how they threw it away, not once did I hear praise for ICT about how they won the game so lets not jump on the band wagon. We played to our strengths and it worked.

Remember this is a team that went to both Ibrox and Parkhead and got draws with the later being a bigger achievement than the first due to the way they pulled it back so we know it can be done.

I for one am extremeley proud of everyone of those players last night for the effort, commitment and energy they put into the game and put Saturday down to being an off day, maybe they needed it to be brought back down to earth and be reminded of what it is all about. If that's what it was then it worked wonders.

Also lets not remember the game on Saturday didn't lose us a top six place, we all were hoping for a top six finish and it was just that, hope, realistically we wanted to cement our place in the league for next season and last night was a bonus.

Lets enjoy it as I certainly am.

• Agree 2