FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merged: Transfers

Tug

When Dods became free, I'm sure I wasn't the only person to wonder whether or not he could fill a gap in our defence, again.

He was probably the best defender we have ever had. But that was in the past, he's a few years older now and definitely past his peak. Plus there's the geography factor again and we know he would only move up for a long term contract that ICT would never offer him.

So it was a nice thought for a few seconds, but its time to move on and continue the long search for the new "Machine".

Edited by Yngwie
Made no sense after threads were merged

SPL

Aberdeen have signed Youl Maw?n?

Dundee Utd have signed John Rankin & Willo Flood

Dunfermline have signed Paul Gallacher, Paddy Boyle & Andy Barrowman

St Mirren have signed Graeme Smith, Paul McGowan, Nigel Hasselbaink & Steven Thompson

St Johnstone have signed Frazer Wright, Sean Higgins, Callum Davidson & David Robertson

Motherwell have signed Michael Higdon

Hibernian have signed Ivan Sproule

Hearts have signed John Sutton, Jamie Hamill, Danny Grainger

1st Divsion

Ross County have signed Grant Munro

Falkirk have signed Darren Dods

Munro and Duncan will add stability and experience to Ross County.

They also will be out to prove that T.B. made a big mistake in letting them go. They will be quite happy with their new berths because they will be close to Inverness so the only thing that will maybe benegatively different will be their salary.

However, to counter that, they will be able to look forward to an established place in an ambitious team so ...

.....wheeee!..watch out for County.

They also will be out to prove that T.B. made a big mistake in letting them go. They will be quite happy with their new berths because they will be close to Inverness so the only thing that will maybe benegatively different will be their salary.

However, to counter that, they will be able to look forward to an established place in an ambitious team so ...

Don't get me wrong Munro and Duncan are great signings for us but it's players in which we are already very strong. We had the 3rd best defence last year despite finishing 8th and our CB pairing of Scott Boyd and Johnny Flynn picked up the player of the year awards as well as our DCM Stuart Kettlewell. It's obviously nice to have competition for places though...

mehdi tauill has left killie for hearts

Seemed to spend a lot of time on the subs bench last year. Don't know why. A real talent. Maybe they felt it was either Taouil down the left, or Eremenko through the middle. Didn't have enough good defensive players for both. I'd probably disagree but Mixu did pretty well, so what do I know?

Don't get me wrong Munro and Duncan are great signings for us but it's players in which we are already very strong. We had the 3rd best defence last year despite finishing 8th and our CB pairing of Scott Boyd and Johnny Flynn picked up the player of the year awards as well as our DCM Stuart Kettlewell. It's obviously nice to have competition for places though...

Ive just checked the SFL website to look at the table and Ive got some bad news for you, its listed in alphabetical order and your in the relegation zone.

You actually had the 2nd best defence in the league but also came last if it was down to goals scored

Edited by 12th Man

• 2 weeks later...

Rory McAllister goes from top scorer in 2nd Div to the 3rd division, turning down full-time football in the SPL for part-time with Peterhead...

I think some members of the board at Peterhead must be paying him good full-time money, thus allowing him to finish his studies...29 goals in the 2nd div...how many will he be expected to score in the 3rd?

St Mirren have signed Gary Teale. Surprised to see he's only 32. Not seen him for a while but a very effective player at Derby. Even if he's not the pace, seems to be able to read the game so well that shifting him into a more central position could work wonders for the Saints. Mind you, could have been :yuk: for the last couple of years :blush: