FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merged: Transfers

Tug

Brian Kerr, who impressed so much at his time with ICT, has signed for the mighty....Alloa! Ah, the lure of the bright lights...

Alloa or Arbroath?

Alloa bring in experienced Brian Kerr

Date: 04 July 2011

By CRAIG P STEWART

Third Division champions Arbroath have brought in former Hibs player and Scotland internationalist Brian Kerr to the club to bolster their squad for life in the Second Division.

I think its actually Arbroath.

Just goes to show that if Kerr had bit the bullet and taken up the option of another year here then he would probably still be playing in the SPL instead of signing on for months on end.

Suppose a 3 year deal with Dundee did seem more appealing at the time though.

St Mirren have signed Gary Teale. Surprised to see he's only 32. Not seen him for a while but a very effective player at Derby. Even if he's not the pace, seems to be able to read the game so well that shifting him into a more central position could work wonders for the Saints. Mind you, could have been :yuk: for the last couple of years :blush:

This IMO is a very good signing for them. I have much more confidence in them this season after last years attempts to relocate the cowdenbeath team to Paisley. At the moment i think we've got to be one of the favourites for the drop.

• Disagree 1

Missed opportunity for someone. Supposedly not the nicest of blokes but he should have been a regular in the Scotland squad for me. Natural goalscorer. Nice passer. Shame he got stuck in a Hibs side that changed from the passing game to a lug-it-into-the-corner, fastest-man-boots-it-into-the-centre tactics. Destroyed a Hibs side with Miller, Riordan, Rankin and de Graaf, all with a crick in their neck from looking up at the ball soaring over. Can't believe Petrie thinks Calderwood is worth compensation, rather than him paying his taxi fare to Nottingham or Brum.

• Agree 1

Eric was dire enough in the SPL. He will get battered out in Turkey.

what is it with the Turkish managers these days playing football manager drunk but in real life. Why are they signing ANYONE from the uk these days? Whenever i used to played FM drunk in a foreign league i'd go yaaas paul ritchie, he'll do a job, then totally regret it the next day. I'm pretty sure these guys are doing the same. Kris Boyd supposedly away to turkey as well.

Eric was dire enough in the SPL. He will get battered out in Turkey.

what is it with the Turkish managers these days playing football manager drunk but in real life. Why are they signing ANYONE from the uk these days? Whenever i used to played FM drunk in a foreign league i'd go yaaas paul ritchie, he'll do a job, then totally regret it the next day. I'm pretty sure these guys are doing the same. Kris Boyd supposedly away to turkey as well.

No, he is a (fattened Christmas) turkey.

• 2 weeks later...