FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aaron Doran

CaleyBoy97

Aaron's club Blackburn Rovers like most of the English clubs only returned to pre season yesterday after their summer break

also he is contracted to them for another year we cannot talk to him or arrange extension of our loan deal with Blackburn until after 1st of July

Certainly hope he comes back for another loan stint, really came onto a game with us, looked a very dangerous player and i think having Doran and Hayes on either wing would form a pretty potent set of wingers

I think Rene was joking - good post actually!

I'd love it to have Doran back. Reading this thread has just really made it sunk in that we won't be seeing Rooney back in an ICT strip next season. Don't ask why, it just did.

Anyway, I hope Doran can come back to us on loan. I actually thought he was about to be out of contract around now. No such luck for us eh.

I think if Doran comes back, Butcher should make a move for Christian Nade as well. Then we could have that legendary front line of Doran, Foran, Tade and Nade!

I like this idea. Doran, Foran, Shinnie, Shinnie, Tade, Nade and Cox: the ICT equivalent of the firemen from Trumpton*.

*Those under about 35 will probably have to look this up, depressingly enough.

• Agree 4

I think if Doran comes back, Butcher should make a move for Christian Nade as well. Then we could have that legendary front line of Doran, Foran, Tade and Nade!

I like this idea. Doran, Foran, Shinnie, Shinnie, Tade, Nade and Cox: the ICT equivalent of the firemen from Trumpton*.

Who takes on the role of windy miller

Alternativer Maryhill Ha! Ha! Ha! Brilliant.

I remember them--weren't they with Noddy?

What was the name of that show? I remember the Pimple was intrigued by it.He's an odd ball, he really is ; the Pimple I mean , not Noddy who was perfectly normal....... :sarcastic:

Resign Liam Fox?

And I had to look this up.

Who takes on the role of windy miller

Don't know if it would make it worth resigning him, but Robert Eagle bore an uncanny similarity to Windy...

childrens60s_windy_gal.jpg

Robert%20Eagle_633584565553281250.jpg

Alternativer Maryhill Ha! Ha! Ha! Brilliant.

I remember them--weren't they with Noddy?

What was the name of that show? I remember the Pimple was intrigued by it.He's an odd ball, he really is ; the Pimple I mean , not Noddy who was perfectly normal....... :sarcastic:

Around the same vintage as Noddy, but different shows. Noddy came from Toyland, in an unspecified county of England, and was the invention of Enid Blyton, presumably under the influence of some sort of mushroom... Trumpton was one of three shows set in different communities in the county of Trumptonshire - the others were Camberwick Green and Chigley. Trumpton was a handsome, substantial market town and civic centre - similar to Inverness, perhaps. Camberwick Green was set in an insular landward village and involved all manner of questionable goings-on inside a giant musical box - clearly the Dingwall of the trio. Chigley was coarser and more industrialised, containing a factory and a railway line - think Invergordon or Alness...

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 1

I like this idea. Doran, Foran, Shinnie, Shinnie, Tade, Nade and Cox: the ICT equivalent of the firemen from Trumpton.

Love it. But "Aaron Brian Doran Cogan" is just about the Trumpton fire brigade in his own right!

Would love doran to come up here

I think he needs to at least take a step back to the championship to move his career forward and if he does he will move forward quickly.

But getting back on topic, Sam Allardyce said back in October when talking about youngsters trying to break through into the Blackburn first team:

The first one was Aaron Doran and he looked a tremendous prospect but unfortunately has taken a step backwards.

He hasn?t progressed to where we thought he might have gone, but there is a lot of time yet to come back.

Kean then replaced Allardyce as manager, and not long after punted Aaron out on loan to us.

Even though he is young enough to improve further, I'm not sure he is in Blackburn's long term plans and might be best advised to drop a level or two to establish himself somewhere and get regular games.

And lets be honest, whilst he looked good for us, on the whole he didn't look Premiership quality. Not often enough, anyway. A Premiership quality winger should be ripping up the SPL and really standing out a lot more than he did.

How does he compare with Jonny Hayes for example? Hayes will probably move to a bigger club in the next year or so, but you'd expect it to be Championship at best.

What I'm saying is, I won't be surprised to see Doran being loaned or sold by Blackburn this month. So it's well worth making an enquiry.

Oh dear, just been caught out watching camberwick green on you tube, she must think Im verge of having a break down, :rolleyes:

:laugh:

How does he compare with Jonny Hayes for example?

Not as good, IMO. The first three or four times I saw him last season I was underwhelmed and thought he flattered to deceive: he seemed to spend an awful lot of the time loitering by the touchline and not getting invoved, whereas Jonny is constantly looking for the ball. To be fair to Doran, I think he really grew in confidence toward the end of the season and showed what he is capable of more consistently, and I would be happpy to see him back this season, but I agree with you that he doesn't look near first team EPL level, at least yet. Maybe with a season or two of SPL football under his belt he would develop into a more complete player than Hayes - we'd have to wait and see.