FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How will we keep Skippy and friends quiet?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Well tie me kangaroo down sport, no sooner has Ivanaukus sped off down the A9 than we welcome the 5,000 SPL goalscorer. This is a game we must not lose and hopefully our forwards remember their role is to score. As for the back five, their job is to stop Skippy and co and hopefully the referee will clamp down on Skippy if he starts diving like a salmon in a billabong.

Come on Dargs give us a goal. Richie my friend, if you start, bury the ball. Barry my boy, you've played well this season but why can't you pull out a cracker for Christmas?

Broonie

Tokely    Dods    Munro    Hastings

Wilson    Black    McBain    Hart

Dargo    Bayne

Motherwell will be fired up for this after beating Falkirk but CC must realise this is where we need to pick up points. 

Next 4 games Motherwell (h) United (a) Kille (h) Dunfermline (a)  :005:

12 points anyone??

Are they not basically the games that Aberdeen won to propel them to second?  Looks like the roles have reveresed.  If we can get a good run going, we can shoot up to the table.  Then with Ragners visiting on Boxing day, I think we could put together a great run, especially seeing that Rangers will struggle up North!

i would like to see the team start

brown

tokely dods munro hastings

wilson  black hart  rankin (or rankin centre hart left)

dargo    bayne

im more worried about our ability to create chances and take them rather than our defence.we need to play from the start not about the 70th min and run out of time. hopefully a result along the lines wen we last played them

Are they not basically the games that Aberdeen won to propel them to second?  Looks like the roles have reveresed.  If we can get a good run going, we can shoot up to the table.  Then with Ragners visiting on Boxing day, I think we could put together a great run, especially seeing that Rangers will struggle up North!

Isnt it 27th for Rangers.

Personally I'd go with 12 points from next four. Motherwell have been kind of hot and cold this season so I wouldn't take too much out of the Falkirk result. Killie could be the difficult one though.

We should just kidnap Sonny and throw him down a mineshaft!!!!

Something a bit different for a starting 11......

----------------- Brown -----------------

--------Rossco - Dods - Munro--------

Wilson - Duncan - Rankin - Hastings

------------------ Bayne ------------------

------------Dargo - Wyness------------

Gives Hastings a chance to push forward more and he can also drop back if things get rough at the back and we need additional cover and Rankin can then go wide left.  Bayne can sit in behind Dargo and Wyness and do all the leg work and lay off to two players who have (historically) shown a bit more of a goal instinct.  He is also capable of dropping back to the middle of the park should Hastings need to drop back to recreate the back four.  Lets put his hard work and pressuring of the opposition to best use instead of just lumping long balls up to him.  Having Bayne in behind the front two also means they should have to drop back less and remain in more dangerous position.

This picking a team thing is a piece of p1ss really isn't it  :001:

Guest BigPieMorayDosser

Didn't think there was much in it today. Meldrum made a crucial save just before half-time or it could have been very different.

Was it a penalty ?    I thought so, but then again I'm bias'd. I'm sure you would make the same claim had it happened up the other end. I do believe McDonald did play for it however, as he had taken the ball too wide for an effective shot.

I don't think either of us are bad enough to go down. Besides you've got another 3 points to collect at Fir Park in February  :019:    Fortunately Dunfermline and Dundee Utd are worse than we are.

Never saw you in the Innes today Pie, where did you have the pre-match swally?

I thought 'penalty' straight away when I saw it, but then I was in the North Stand, about 6 rows up, blind as a bat and mann4thejob had pulled my jaiket up over my heid claiming it was an anorak  :010:

Guest BigPieMorayDosser

I trust you are well Mantis.

I had to drive in and got the park&ride bus into the Sports Bar in Academy Street. With the boys having spent 4 hours in the train, getting them to find Academy Street is enough of a challenge let alone trying to get them to The Innes.

Have these new stands been designed and constructed to facilitate taking them with you when you move the The Bught ?  (A wee bit wobbly down the South end).

Have these new stands been designed and constructed to facilitate taking them with you when you move the The Bught ?  (A wee bit wobbly down the South end).

Interesting comment from a steelman....not as if you filled the south stand up to its capacity either...!! :024: