FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who wants my cash

12th Man

Friday night football against our nearest rivals, on 5th October.

I would like to have a few drinks be taken from the town to the stadium and back and have a few drinks more.

Are there any pubs out there who would like to take this opportunity to nail their colours to the mast and pledge their allegiance to ICT and take advantage of this event to win over the people of Inverness, not just for this Friday night but to build bridges with potential new customers.

I am willing to give you my cash as are plenty of others if they are willing to promote ICT and cater for their fans, so please dont let this opportunity pass by.

If there are any pubs doing something can you please spread the word as it would be a pity if you missed out on probably Inverness' busiest Friday night of the year but its not just about one evening of drinking its about enticing long term future customers.

I look forward to your reply and giving you my money.

ICT Social Club....or Stadium Bar.

Any details regarding the social club.

I was planning on visiting the stadium bar anyway and the service has vastly improved of late, instead of queuing for a drink in the busy bar for 10 mins you can get a drink in no time at all. I know the social club has its regular customers but was hoping some bars in the town would cater for the fans too.

Others will be better placed to give you details on the Social Club bus as it's been a while since I was able to be in there pre-match.

Glad to hear that the service is improving in the Sports Bar, it was one of the things CJT talked to the club about over the closed season. Hopefully more improvements to come over the rest of the season...and beyond.

Presumably as an ICT fan, the OP would want his cash to help the football club as far as possible so this would seem to be the option which allows him to do that. Apart from profits going back to ICT, the prices at the Social Club at any rate are absolutely rock bottom - unless, for instance, there's anywhere else you can get a spirit and a dash for less than £1.60. The most expensive pint in there is, I believe, £3.00.

I did hear it said in conversation last night that there would be a bus to the stadium leaving the Social Club at 7:15. I think they charge something like £2.

EDIT - The Sponge posted above while I was composing mine and I see that the fare is £3.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Chieftain hotel are putting stuff on for the gypos

I think this may be why the OP posted this thread .... Didn't the same establishment also put hospitality on for Rangers last year and get into trouble for serving alcohol outside their licensed hours? Have the licensing board 'sentenced' them for that yet?

I think this may be why the OP posted this thread .... Didn't the same establishment also put hospitality on for Rangers last year and get into trouble for serving alcohol outside their licensed hours? Have the licensing board 'sentenced' them for that yet?

The board messed this up with the complaint effectively time barred. The Police have the opportunity to make a new complaint if they so desire, though I've not seen anything as to whether they can be bothered given the fact that the Highland Council messed up the first time.

Presumably as an ICT fan, the OP would want his cash to help the football club as far as possible so this would seem to be the option which allows him to do that. Apart from profits going back to ICT, the prices at the Social Club at any rate are absolutely rock bottom - unless, for instance, there's anywhere else you can get a spirit and a dash for less than £1.60. The most expensive pint in there is, I believe, £3.00.

I did hear it said in conversation last night that there would be a bus to the stadium leaving the Social Club at 7:15. I think they charge something like £2.

EDIT - The Sponge posted above while I was composing mine and I see that the fare is £3.

It may be as cheap as chips Charles but its not an independent pub which could easily say they support ICT.

If I had a pub or hotel, I would want to get involved somehow, it pulls in new faces and people remember you for doing something for the fans.

I would offer an early bird meal deal from a set menu 2 courses 5-6pm and transport to and from the match for £20, for transport you dont need to organize a bus, I would get a deal organized with a taxi firm, I would hope to sell drinks before and after the game, I dont need to have ESPN on tv to do that.

Its that simple. I just need to let people know Im doing it.

Unfortunately it's just another example of how this City fails to support ICT.

I still remember when the landlords and restaurant owners etc were crying to the papers the year we got relegated about how it would reduce their income...yet they do nowt to help the club..and in turn themselves.

• Agree 2

There is a county supporters club in Inverness and has been on the go for well over a decade, they leave from the tarry isle to travel to the county home games, so the tarry isle get some business off of the back of that. Good luck to the Cheiftan I hope they make a packet out of catering for football fans, its just a pity the Inverness Staggies arent having their end of season do there. ha ha, its at the Crown court hotel.

Edited by 12th Man

A couple of questions to ponder

1 Do you think Edinburgh would fully embrace a merged Hibs/Hearts side?

2 Do you think Dundee would fully embrace a merged Dundee/Utd side?

I deliberately never included the old firm because that would be too ridiculous to even consider

No matter where you go in the world the answer is the same

The city of Inverness may well fully support ICT at some point in the future but it won't be in our generation sadly

Dougal

I deliberately never included the old firm because that would be too ridiculous to even consider

The city of Inverness may well fully support ICT at some point in the future but it won't be in our generation sadly

Dougal

Merger to blame, what a shocker. Surprised you haven't tried to blame the 'orcs' too.

post-4861-0-30714600-1349037384.gif

Dougal

Bring back the red dots! :redcard:

• Agree 1

Dougal

I despair! That is all!

Dougal

Don't know why I'm wasting my time, but here goes....

First off, my point had nothing to do with "fans"...which is where any merger argument might lie if you so happened to believe it was still an issue (I don't).

Even if you were to factor it in, the business owning post merger refuseniks would number in single digits and very likely on the fingers of one hand....Inverness (and surrounding area) has in the region of 15,000 registered businesses based on the last figures I saw. Granted, many of them will not depend on ICT in any way shape or form...but a large proportion of them are guest houses, hotels, restaurants, pubs, taxi/transport, retailers etc who will/do benefit from the increased number of people coming to the city because we have an SPL team.

I'm not expecting these companies to be giving us charity, but neither should they be running around moaning about loss of trade when ICT fails to reach it's potential when they are doing nothing to assist with that.

Yes, there's companies who do support the club...some of them very generously. Therein lies the problem, IMO. So much is given by so few that it can't be sustained. It would be far better in the long term (for everyone) if more people did a little bit, spreading the load, reducing the burden and lessening the risk of "burnout" when the few are no longer willing to sustain support at the levels they do.

Dougal

I had interpreted CDs comment as businesses and not the people of Inverness failing to support ICT

Just thinking of ways to improve the problem, fingers crossed something positive will happen.

It may be as cheap as chips Charles but its not an independent pub which could easily say they support ICT.

Yes I know what you're saying 12th man, but the point I'm making is that, whatever the club and its location, I would like to think that for home matches its fans' first priority would be to support their football club directly by patronising its Social Club before other pubs. A Social Club also enhances corporate football club identity.

But of course there will be far more pre match drinkers on a big occasion than any Social Club could accommodate and in that respect your suggestion is more than sensible.

Other than that, I am not even going to respond to Dougal's latest offering which is as delusional as it is predictable.

• Agree 1

Having read the various comments etc - I thought I'd stick my neck out -LAUDERS will be proud to host as many Caley fans as possible both before, during & after the match! We will be showing the game on all screens in ENGLISH (no dodgy arabic commentaries here) Pints are as little as £2 for Carlsberg, large drams (whisky, vodka, bacardi & gin) only £2.55 each and 2 meals for as little as 8 quid (til 5pm)!

I feel i need to ask one question though.... Why is it week in, week out .. I am sold Lottery tickets for every football team in this part of the Highlands (including County!) Yet i have never been offered one for ICT! Why is that? Surely the team needs the money? Dont we want to see better players coming here and attracting bigger crowds? Along with many other local businesses i would be delighted to see more activity where we can help put more cash in OUR local teams coffers!

WE SUPPORT ICT = ICT WILL SUPPORT OUR BUSINESSES!

• Agree 9