FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Has Rangers going to Div three

County1966

Yes, yes and yes.

Can't quantify the lost income but TV money, sponsorship, advertising, hospitality and gate receipts were all expected to drop after the SPL clubs refused to let Newco straight back in. Things are so bad we've had to dip into the Conference to find players :wink:

We don't miss the unpleasant aspects of their support, but if you ask any ICT fan for a list of our most memorable games, wins over Rangers will always feature. So we don't miss playing them, but we do miss beating them.

We are perhaps fortunate that our local rivals got promoted which means we haven't suffered a drop in the number of big games, and I think most fans would rather see us play County over Rangers anyway.

I am actually enjoying football a lot more without Oldco Rangers in the league. We have a better chance of winning games against a more diverse range of teams. I wojld rather have games against County and the crowds show I'm probably not the only one. While we had big games against them in the past. We are more likley to have big and meaningfull games against other sides. Don't hurry to the SPL Sevco.

• Agree 2

yes is the answer to both questions.

While there have undoubtedly been serious financial consequences, although less severe than many dire predictions, it is also refreshing to have a league largely free of large groups of inbreds waving union flags, singing about wearing odd items of apparel inherited from their male forebears and loudly defending the perimiters of small cities with outdated weaponary and equally outdated defensive devices.

• Agree 1

There have been a small number of arrests at all their away fixtures for sectarian offences.

The Division Three clubs, other than Rangers, do not get additional TV Money. They obviously benefit from gate money sometimes tenfold more than a 'normal' home fixture although a fair percentage of that goes on much higher policing and stewarding charges.

Certainly higher gate money for div 3 clubs.

All of the teams in Scottish football have voted to put them in division 3, not through hatred but because it had to be done through principal, the SPL clubs have dropped money as a result but every other club in the same boat have gone bust or been relegated to div3.

If they could drop the every one hates us attitude and get themselves sorted out they will be the mightiest club in Scotland in 4-5 years. Millions in the bank, venues reported to be worth £100million, no debt, and home grown talent with loads of experience.

I think they should thank all the other clubs for that.

What if White was still there, millions in debt and ticketus taking all the cash as it came in, well done to Scottish football not only for doing the right thing regarding a club who went bust but have also helped create a healthy Rangers for the future.

Ps the only club I support is ICT.

Certainly higher gate money for div 3 clubs.

All of the teams in Scottish football have voted to put them in division 3, not through hatred but because it had to be done through principal, the SPL clubs have dropped money as a result but every other club in the same boat have gone bust or been relegated to div3.

If they could drop the every one hates us attitude and get themselves sorted out they will be the mightiest club in Scotland in 4-5 years. Millions in the bank, venues reported to be worth £100million, no debt, and home grown talent with loads of experience.

I think they should thank all the other clubs for that.

What if White was still there, millions in debt and ticketus taking all the cash as it came in, well done to Scottish football not only for doing the right thing regarding a club who went bust but have also helped create a healthy Rangers for the future.

Ps the only club I support is ICT.

That you Charles?

There have, so far only been positives as far as I can see. TV income is pretty well unaffected this year and may well continue to be so. Sky and ESPN are wakening up to the fact that the SPL is still a marketable product without the OF fixture. Our gates are not affected by Rangers not being in the SPL, they are down across the board, with the exception of the RC game which drew a better crowd than we might have expected against Rangers. Celtic's displays in the CL (so far) indicate that they are unaffected in their ability to play at a "higher" level and other teams results aginst them (e.g. St Johnstone) don't indicate a lack of competition - in fact this looks like the tightest SPL (and the tightest SFL D3) in years. Their crowds have brought a lot of income to SFL D3, and should continue to do so even though they have to put up with odd protestant supremacist bampot and even they seem to be being brought to book more regularly than before.

There's also the fact that, after an initial fear fest the mainstream media seem to have lessened their fixation with Rangers and so their CE needs to regularly court publicity with his pronouncements. The fans seem less susceptible to their "here's tae us, wha's like us" attitude although there's still some that can't help themselves.

We're not dead yet, in fact this year feels quite good - not at all what the doctor told us when the diagnosis was terminal 2 months ago!

Cost clubs in SPL? if so how much and do you miss playing them or are the Old firm a pain in the Rectum with there sectarian bile :thumbdown:

Every SPL club will have lost out to some extent but ICT and County will be least effected because of the return of the Highland Derby

Sadly there are still a sizeable posse of ICT fans who will miss the Orcs mainly because they still class Rangers as their "Big Team"

Personally I don't miss them and I for one won't be degrading myself to attend the bigot fest at Ibrox for the up and coming cup tie

The longer they remain in another league and we avoid them in all cup competitions the better

The sooner Rangers and Celtic join the English leagues like yer Cardiff's, Swansea's, Wrexham's and Newport's did Scottish society will improve as a result

Dougal

Cost clubs in SPL? if so how much and do you miss playing them or are the Old firm a pain in the Rectum with there sectarian bile :thumbdown:

Personally I don't miss them and I for one won't be degrading myself to attend the bigot fest at Ibrox for the up and coming cup tie

Dougal

I will be at the match and I don't intend to degrade my self either :wave:

Capital

• Agree 1

Dougal

I will be at the match and I don't intend to degrade my self either :wave:

Capital

I'm partial to a bit of degrading, but not on wednesdays. I'll be at the game though.

Cant wait for 1066 to get round to asking about the merger ?

If you are going to do battle in haste tings could get quite arrowing dont you think?

The battle wasnt in Hastings, it was in a place called battle, Hastings bought the sponsorship and marketing copyrights in 1067.

Best thing to happen to Scottish football for ages. The most hilarious thing is reading the Rangers fans desperate attempts to occupy the moral high ground by claiming how they are helping div 3 at the same time as they gleefully boast that SPL clubs are going bankrupt because they 'need' the Gers related income. No, we're not, the SPL is much livelier now and a better competition, whilst the money spun off from Rangers was always far less than they fondly imagine. We don't need you, and it is far healthier and more fun without you. And no doubt there is more scandal and ignominy to emerge from the Green/Whyte leveraged takeover.Thanks.