FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Reconstruction

gingerjaggy

Yeah ,I`m all for reconstruction of the league - the Highland league !

I`m getting fed up with it all I wish we could just go back there & take Ross Co, Peterhead & Elgin back with us.

We could invite Aberdeen Reserves (Johnny Hayes & co)

Frankly I think the proposal is completely outrageous. Giving a competetive platform only for OF 2nd teams in the SFL would give them a huge advantage both in terms of competetive games for their 2nd string and in terms of additional income. If reserve teams are to play in a competetive environment (and I think they should), we either have a reserve league or other leagues should be open to reserve teams from the national league structure so that there is an opportunity for all should they wish to avail themselves of it.

This just shows that despite Rangers having disgraced Scottish football, their influence within the ruling elite of Scottish football remains as insiduous as ever.

• Agree 9

Frankly I think the proposal is completely outrageous. Giving a competetive platform only for OF 2nd teams in the SFL would give them a huge advantage both in terms of competetive games for their 2nd string and in terms of additional income. If reserve teams are to play in a competetive environment (and I think they should), we either have a reserve league or other leagues should be open to reserve teams from the national league structure so that there is an opportunity for all should they wish to avail themselves of it.

This just shows that despite Rangers having disgraced Scottish football, their influence within the ruling elite of Scottish football remains as insiduous as ever.

Could not agree more, then of course Sevco would have to attain membership of the top 16 purely on merit.

2 feeder teams for the biggest wealthiest clubs in Scotland ?????

If its meant to be for the good of Scottish football then add a Scotland u19 and u21 select team, you can loan your players to the team who shows potential, wages get funded by the SFA, the guys get valuable playing time together, which will hold them in good stead playing internationals and also for their future at senior level.

If it doesnt work out its easy to undo

Don't forget, this is nothing more than a proposal being put forward by the SFL....I'm not even sure it's been put to the SFL member clubs yet.

This is the problem you get when the media pick up a part story and are more desperate to have an "exclusive" than have all the facts lined up and presented properly, accurately and in context.

It's exactly this kind of thing that led to so much misinformation and bs with the Rangers fiasco during the summer.

The whole "colts" thing has been muted and rejected so many times before I've lost count...there's nothing to suggest it will be any different this time round, and the only reason the SFL are suggesting it is because they've now had a taste of the money that comes with one half of the OF and they see an opportunity to try and retain some of it. Exactly the kind of thing they have (rightly) criticised the SPL for in the past.

At least the SFL is trying to do something. It has been deafeningly quiet from the SPL and SFA on this for ages.

Dont particularly like the Celtic reserves and The Rangers second team getting in, but it would increase attendances in whichever league they are in, which may also help those lower teams. I want to see this pyramid system introduced, as it will flush out some of the dead wood, but also offers them the chance to get back in if they earn it.

Can hear the central belters now complaining as at moment Highland League is between Wick Academy and Pele's Formartine

At least the SFL is trying to do something. It has been deafeningly quiet from the SPL and SFA on this for ages.

Dont particularly like the Celtic reserves and The Rangers second team getting in, but it would increase attendances in whichever league they are in, which may also help those lower teams. I want to see this pyramid system introduced, as it will flush out some of the dead wood, but also offers them the chance to get back in if they earn it.

Can hear the central belters now complaining as at moment Highland League is between Wick Academy and Pele's Formartine

The only thing colt teams will do is increase the stranglehold that Rangers and Celtic have when it comes to stealing fans away from supporting their local teams. It would do more to kill the game in Scotland than anything we have seen to date.

• Agree 1

The only thing colt teams will do is increase the stranglehold that Rangers and Celtic have when it comes to stealing fans away from supporting their local teams. It would do more to kill the game in Scotland than anything we have seen to date.

And many people, me included, will find something else to spend hard earned cash on.

Totally agree. This just gives an unfair advantage to two teams who already disadvantage the rest of Scottish football enough

Another conspiracy to provide for what will become two special superstyle football clubs who will reap all the financial benefits from top division and European football.

Yes they will provide a spin off for the '' INFERIOR'' by throwing them crumbs of left over monies from gate receipts and small portion of TV appearances monies. Supplementing this by poaching any players they think could threaten them by bribeing them into their set-ups by offering them more money and promises. Which would probably end up as a seat on the bench now and again and resultant obscurity.

Please please please Scottish Clubs dont let this happen, It is as dishonest as Rangers fc and surely unlawfull