FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty

I was so happy to experience the team at first hand this evening - and it was some team!!

On the park the only disappointment was Roberts but his replacement made a big difference when the change happened.

Off the park the support was to die for!!! I was so proud to be part of this super crowd and every one of them played their part.

Our Leader milked us at the end, in a way no other manager could, with his conducting our cheering as the players made their way off the park, they having also applauded us.

A night to really remember!!

I would hope that this puts the 'antis' to bed for a wee while but possible it will only be until 4.50 on Saturday when the last two results and of course our ten match run will again be forgotten.

• Agree 1

Pretty much agree with RiG in post #91

Not the greatest of first halves and I thought Aberdeen (marginally) deserved their 2-1 lead at the start of the second. Draper, for me, made the difference. We started to create more from the midfield when he came on for Roberts [who i thought seemed a little out of the game and at times rather un-interested].

It seemed the game plan was to soak up some early pressure and then hit them on the break. This worked very very well, and it scares me to think how much better we could be if Doran and Raven were able to complete their passes down the right.

We could have had another 2 or 3 goals in quick succession when it was pegged back to 2-2 and overall we definately deserved the three points.

Well done lads. Now get yourselves a glass and join us in a drink to toast to a great season so far.

• Agree 1

Superb game to watch. The football on display may have been a little ragged at times, but the atmosphere in our wee corner was excellent despite a period where Aberdeen looked as if they may be getting a grip in the 2nd half, but overall it was a fantastic night. As said above, a night to remember.

Well done boys. From the main stand, that wee away section looked bouncing and was certainly the place to be. I thought Phil Roberts was good in the first half, and we miss the width he gives the team when he's not there. Of course he doesn't have the steel that Draper has, but he's not that kind of player. Also thought that he found the ploughed bits that Tonga had created whilst pummelling Scotland down his wing didnae help. It would, a la Butcher, be unfair to single out anyone, but Tony Reguero was immense, especially after his injury. Roll on Saturday in what could become THE week of this or any other season. My "buddy" mate in the office tells me that County were "tedious" in their game, so it's on, it really is.

Jura 10yo :-)

I'll see your Jura 10yo and raise you a Scapa 1993!

Hmm... 12yo Highland Park is as close as I can get - will have to go shopping next week!

ditto .... thanks to Big Stew, thats my uisge beatha of choice :lol:

I think one of the most pleasing things is that this was one of these games that we could easily have lost, and probably would have last season. Especially when we lost a goal in injury time at the interval, and then another one soon after. But we have a bit more grit about us these days and seem more able to grind out a result when we do manage to get ahead late in the game. Only the Hearts game at home in recent weeks gives the lie to this, and that was only because of an extremely soft penalty. Long may it continue.

• Agree 3

That was a great night. Both teams pretty much keech for most of the first half...Aberdeen even more than us....then the second half!

Think we should take 25 minute half times from now on. For the first 10 mins Aberdeen were all over us like a cheap suit then erse kick time and we were away..

We could and should have won by two or even three, the chances we had, but who cares. Totally brilliant. The reaction of TB at the end was fantastic. Directing the fans then indicating being top of the league and fist to the badge, shows what it really meant to him. Epic.

Bring on the County!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

One of the Dons fans who is a pupil at the school i teach at took great delight in recounting his tale of antagonising (ahem) a thousand ICT fans at the fence last night. This story worked its way to me through his pals and I was quick to point out the many flaws in his tale, in addition to adding the part where he slumped off as we went 3-2 up.

Today has been most enjoyable in Aberdeen and continues to be so; as I type this message whilst wearing an ICT top in the gym that's 2 mins walk from Pittodrie. Lots of Dons and Celtic fans here today by the looks of things!

• Agree 1

One of the Dons fans who is a pupil at the school i teach at took great delight in recounting his tale of antagonising (ahem) a thousand ICT fans at the fence last night. This story worked its way to me through his pals and I was quick to point out the many flaws in his tale, in addition to adding the part where he slumped off as we went 3-2 up.

Today has been most enjoyable in Aberdeen and continues to be so; as I type this message whilst wearing an ICT top in the gym that's 2 mins walk from Pittodrie. Lots of Dons and Celtic fans here today by the looks of things!

I've not been out today yet but I will be shortly. It's a shame I can't find my ICT hat to wear while walking down Union Street.

What mad man goes to ASV at that time of day? It will be heaving!

What mad man goes to ASV at that time of day? It will be heaving!Sneak in an hour of weights at 6.30am before work, then do an hour of cardio/weights after work in the afternoon. It's never been that bad for getting onto machines (apart from freshers week when every man and their dog sign up!)

Trying to book a football pitch with under a fortnight's notice is nearly impossible though!

Edited by RossP

Would like to point out and give a thumbs up to how well behaved the stewards were as well. Here are a few quotes from the men in Hi-Viz from Tuesday night.

"If you are looking to stand then please stay in the back 6 rows."

"Enjoy the football and your evening."

"Keep up the singing lads, I've got Caley on my coupon!"

"Safe journey home."

Excellent stuff, and helped make it a more enjoyable experience. :thumbup:

• Agree 4

That was definitely well received. I've been to Pittodrie with a Hibs supporting pal and when we stood up to celebrate a Hibs goal we were threatened with ejection. Utterly bizarre but it's good to see that they were much more supporter friendly on Tuesday night.

Jura 10yo :-)

I'll see your Jura 10yo and raise you a Scapa 1993!

Hmm... 12yo Highland Park is as close as I can get - will have to go shopping next week!

ditto .... thanks to Big Stew, thats my uisge beatha of choice :lol:

Never tried the Scapa93 but have you guys tried Clynelish???