FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT injuries

WYNESS101

The big concern is that our two most influential players, Foran and Shinniesta, will be out for "a few weeks". This is seriously bad news and I'm gettingreally concerned that our whole season has unravelled in the space of a week's events.

We have a fantastic first choice XI, but when we have to draft in replacements there's not much experience there, just a load of youngsters. We saw yesterday that when Sheridan went off Killie could bring on Heffernan, vastly experienced and a proven scorer at this level. We don't have that luxury, just some raw talent.

There's also a danger that without our playmakers, the team loses a bit of self-confidence and resorts to the long ball stuff that gets us nowhere.

Soneone please cheer me up. :sad:

At the start of the season we needed the likes of Billy McKay and Andy Shinnie to step up to replace Johnny Hayes and Gregory Tade.  They managed it.

Now we need the likes of Nick Ross and Shane Sutherland to step up and replace the people we have injured.  As above, we have a good first XI but rely on younger, rawer players as they drop out.  Nick Ross has been a regular in the side for a few years now, we've all seen his potential, he needs to be grasp this opportunity.  Same with Shane - he looked good when he came on at Easter Road, he needs to make the leap to being afully fledged SPL player, if he's capable of it.

King and Hogg back in training but not yet match fit

Aye, but its not defenders we need, we just have not got the squad depth to replace the likes of Shinnie and Foran, Nick Ross will never be a regular goalscorer although we will wait and see if he can improve his strike rate with a regular game.

Shane is a bit of a bustler, strong and direct but not a great deal of skill and being played wide is a feckin mistake and a waste.

A week to recover from knocks so we will see what happens next saturday.

• Agree 1

Could be hard to cheer you up, we have done so well with the settled ' injury free ' team but where there is ying there is yang so here goes.

Reguerro,

Raven, Devine,

Meekings, Warren, G Shinnie,

Roberts, Draper, Ross, Pepper

Sutherland.

Subs. Esson, Gibbons, Taylor, King.

I can definately see Gibbons and Taylor having a role to play in part of the game, what a chance for someone to star and prove togetherNess works.

Seriously poor reporting (or spin) by the BBC....yet again.

What was said is that players "COULD BE out for a few weeks", but that is a worst case and until they are properly looked at and assessed then it's all conjecture.

I believe both player will be resting up and icing until Monday before that assessment takes place.  This seems to be pretty standard procedure as it allows any initial swelling/bruising to calm down a bit.

It could just as easily turn out that Andy had little more than a bad cramp and Foran got a bit of a twist and they could both be back for Saturday....Mckay and OTJ being in the same boat.

Personally, I'd be all for Terry telling the press all four were doubtful for next Saturday, regardless.  Maybe put Celtic off guard and tempt them to send a "weakened" starting XI....so don't be surprised if injury updates are vague/non existent in the coming week.

• Agree 1

Seriously poor reporting (or spin) by the BBC....yet again.

What was said is that players "COULD BE out for a few weeks", but that is a worst case and until they are properly looked at and assessed then it's all conjecture.

I believe both player will be resting up and icing until Monday before that assessment takes place.  This seems to be pretty standard procedure as it allows any initial swelling/bruising to calm down a bit.

It could just as easily turn out that Andy had little more than a bad cramp and Foran got a bit of a twist and they could both be back for Saturday....Mckay and OTJ being in the same boat.

Personally, I'd be all for Terry telling the press all four were doubtful for next Saturday, regardless.  Maybe put Celtic off guard and tempt them to send a "weakened" starting XI....so don't be surprised if injury updates are vague/non existent in the coming week.

Shh dont be giving away any secret tactics .... The Opposition could be spying on here :wink: :wink:

Celtic would have to be in cloud cook coo land to put out  their strongest team anyway.

What type of manager  would field their strongest team,  when  you are  15 points ahead in the league  and dont have any opposing clubs of the same size and stature.

Theres a huge Champions league  match for them on Tuesday night   and if Lennon wants to  jeopardize that in any way  by going all out for a win  in Inverness with his best players,  then I would certainly start to question his managerial skills.

I wish them all the best on Tuesday night and it must be a big relief not having Rangers to worry about this season  but if Lennon  even comes close to fielding his best players  and they get a knock  or  pull up,  then they are up against it  with regards to the big money match  a few days later.

A couple of our key players unexpectedly left the field in our last match,  it can happen to anyone at any time  and can just as easily happen to any amount of Celtic players this Saturday. 

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

The big concern is that our two most influential players, Foran and Shinniesta, will be out for "a few weeks". .

Soneone please cheer me up. :sad:

Earlier in the season we were 2-1 down at Tynecastle.  Foran got sent off and Shinnie was subbed.  Pepper came on and grabbed the equaliser at the death.  Proof that we can do better without them.

King and Hogg back in training but not yet match fit

Aye, but its not defenders we need, we just have not got the squad depth to replace the likes of Shinnie and Foran, Nick Ross will never be a regular goalscorer although we will wait and see if he can improve his strike rate with a regular game.

Shane is a bit of a bustler, strong and direct but not a great deal of skill and being played wide is a feckin mistake and a waste.

A week to recover from knocks so we will see what happens next saturday.

That's as may be but if he can produce the assists for the scorers then I'd be happy enough with him.

• Agree 1

But we can afford to feckin loan Gavin Morrison to Hellgin and bench Pepper and Sutherland to accomodate the loanees ?

Terry appears to think we can. 

It appears, from where I sit,  and knowing feck all about football....but just doing logic.....that the future footballing careers of the loanees are much more important in Terry's estimation than getting a basic settled core CT squad  and bringing on our own (or reasonably  local) kids who just might stay with us and not use a season/part of a season at  ICT as a CV benefit to move on elsewhere as additions.

The opportunities for Gavin, Shane, Nick, Martin, Liam and every other kid signed to the full squad/under-20s appears to have been subsumed, to their detriment, by whatever he has promised the clubs who loan him players re how much he will improve them for their squads or their possible resale ability to benefit their parent clubs.....and the one year contracts, which are not renewed,  he signs others on?

And tbh, that is why I am no longer a "happy clapper"..because I think that Terry is going for short-term gold rather than long term sustainability......though whether that is due to his own mindset or dictat by the ICT board is a moot point.

its tough for terry to give long term contracts if you dont know if the club will have enough cash to pay those contracts in 2-3 years time, i very much doubt hed be allowed to. terrys hands are tied, the job he does along with marsella and mo, finding new talented players is very impressive imo.

hes tied up meekings, graeme shinnie, and nick ross for another couple years, so hes trying to give the team a back bone for the next couple seasons at least.

its also a double edged sword in some ways as we need to do well short term to secure funds so we can look longer term.