FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Europe:- The Final Countdown

tm4tj

County's failure to beat a severely under strength Celtic side today probably puts them out of the race. Whatever happens in the east end of Glasgow on Saturday, we need to take care of our own business and ensure we don't slip up against United after yesterday's supreme effort.

• Agree 2

I'm sure 10k a head might do the trick, that's what I'd be doing.

What's the difference in cash between third and fourth?  

£1.52 million for third and £1.36 million for fourth. Thats assuming the figures bandied about at the start of the season are still in place and haven't been affected by changes to TV deals. Also assumes this article to be accurate http://melvillesmusings.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/spl-tv-deal-post-rangers-fc/

It was a very good weekend for us, just a shame it wasn't better in that I wouldn't really have expected St J and County to get 4 points between them from two tricky ties. Saints chose a good time to get their first win at Tannadice for 13 years whilst County got the luck of a terrible linesman's call.

Mind you, both of those teams will have been disappointed that we chose a good time to end our run of humpings by Motherwell.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

It would be good to wrap it up before final day and it is possible, all we need to do is win and then hope Celtic beat or draw Saints.

Be a nerve free final day as well which would be nice as my nerves were shot on Saturday.

Don't know how I'de cope with a last day decider against the tinks. A win against Utd followed by a Celtic win would be a very welcome thing.

Wrap it up and take the party to the sandpit, beach balls and all. That's the ideal plan anyway but knowing us, we never make it easy.

From CTO, Sat 6/5/95, for our younger viewers  :laugh:

"County's promotion hopes ended with this defeat. In the seventh minute County's Andy MacLeod was sent off for a bad foul on Mark McRitchie. 

County had more of the play in the first half but turned round one goal down. In the 42nd minute Colin Mitchell sent Wilson Robertson clear down the left and when he cut the ball back into the middle Norman MacMillan scored. 

In 58 minutes Alan Hercher made it two when he headed home a Mark McAllister cross. 

In 78 minutes County's Billy Ferries was sent off for a second bookable offence. In the 82nd minute Charlie Christie made it three after a fine solo run."

Guest Mahonio

If we do indeed get into Europe, when will our 1st match be, would it mean doing transfer business very quickly?

All in our own hands now. Don't think I have ever been so full of nervous anticipation for an ICT game.

I know what you mean, and I'm 600 miles away! There are still quite a few combinations of results which could see us into Europe. The most satisfying of course will be a handsome win against DU this afternoon.

So good luck lads.  I can safely say if we make Europe that this season will have been the most rewarding of all my 60 years watching Caley/ICT.