FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Eagle, I owe you an apology. Sorry.

I hear the 35k compo that Alloa wanted was a major problem.

I heard that this was not the issue, more the FACT that Hartley would not be happy to relocate to the Highlands, therefore looks to me like lack of commitment.

On the day that Scotland's 2nd best team make a shock managerial appointment, the Daily Record's response is to devote 90% of its back page to 2 separate, boring, non-stories about a team in the 3rd flight.

I really shouldn't be surprised, but still.....

Doesn't surprise me either. Stopped buying that rag a while back. 

It's like seeing your xmas present sitting, wrapped under the tree for a month and wondering with anticipation what is in the box. Your folks have assured you they were impressed with the quality of 'wants' you presented them with in your xmas list. 

Xmas morning, you tear open the package only to find a run-of-the-mill jumper and socks set that wasn't even on your wish list!

Or bonfire night when your expecting one last massive boom as you know its coming to the end and then....

is that it?

Or when you strike up an online relationship with the girl of your dreams, for weeks you spend every waking moment looking forward to the time when you can actually meet up and fulfil your relationship, then when the time comes it actually turns out to be a fat middle aged man called Nigel with a combover and poor personal hygiene, but you kind of feel obliged to go along with it and make the best of the situation.

No wait.....

Fantastic post   (  Ronnie Barker will never die )

• Agree 1

Leaving aside whether John Hughes is a good coach or technician and views of fans of his previous clubs seem to be mixed in that respect. I am concerned about reports that throughout his managerial career he is alleged to have been bullying, petulant and divisive on occasions leaving out in form and talented players who might have had the temerity to stand up to him on their own behalf or on behalf of their younger colleagues.

We probably have the most united squad of players in the country with a number of natural leaders among them and that is one of our main strengths. Disupting that dressing room harmony would be a disaster.

That said, most of the suggestions of bullying and discrimination, which are numerous, come from his earlier days in management and it may be that Yogi has matured and learned from his mistakes and that we will be getting a better and wiser John Hughes than either Falkirk or Hibs. Time will tell.

I

Okay, far from a popular choice and a good many of us have expressed reservations.

However, he is now our manager and it is time to put these doubts and reservations to one side and give the man our full backing.

Welcome John Hughes prove the doubters from and lead our club to even greater success. The League Cup and/or a place in Europe and you will have achieved in half a season what no other ICT manager has done in two decades.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

• Agree 2

I welcome John Hughes to Inverness. His record is similar (and certainly no worse) than previous incumbents and he brings a wealth of experience of dealing with success and adversity. His "style" of football at various clubs has been similar to the one that we enjoy every week. What he hasn't had is a great choice of move at Hartlepool and a slump at his second season at Hibs. Neither of these are things that he will carry into the job here.Bear in mind that he has won cups, got into europe and beaten off relegation (although I'm still torn about that one!) The man is a motivator.  I think he realises the opportunity that has been handed to him here and the quality of the squad that will deliver for him.

He seems to carry more far more respect in football circles than he has thus far been afforded on here, and he deserves more. I look forward to meeting the guy and whilst he will be a very different challenge (and hopefully a pleasure)  to talk to than TB, I look forward to that. Let's get behind the guy.

• Agree 3

I am not happy about this, not happy at all.  The overwhelming feeling is just of disappointment.

But as manager he has my full support and I will be happy to see get a fair crack of the whip, I will be at the game on Saturday cheering on ICT.

• Agree 1

This is neither a "shambles" a "clusterf***" a "disgrace" nor a "disaster" by the Board. They had a number of applicants for the post that they whittled down to an interview and than a short list who were interviewed by the same selection criteria and John Hughes proved himself to them. As is their right, they then appointed him. There are opinions on here masquerading as fact, there are accusations without foundation and there are predictions of doom and disaster without a single shred of evidence. These do us a disservice. Please remember that CTO users are only a fraction of the ICTFC support but they are the fraction that gets the lions share of attention - and therefore can't be truly representative, but will get credence. I hanker for the old days when opinions were something that you discussed or argued over with a pint in hand and then they disappeared, not hyperbolic and ill judged internet statements that are around for the lifetime of the internet.

• Agree 11

Another thing that gets me is that because people are on the internet and hidden behind a username they offer up much stronger, and dare I say much more ridiculous views than they would ever say in the pub in real life, let alone to Yogi or the board's face.