FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tennents Sixes

Bridge_Ender

Whatever happened to the Tennents Sixes? Did anyone here ever go to one? I'm watching Indoor football on Eurosport at the moment and it seems like a good day out, loadsa football, family focus, fans nip away for a beer between matches, all good fun.

Something that would be a good end of season event I'd say, in the SECC, a couple a pitches set up and a good days end of season football with focus on fun. Bit of a fun day for fans and players both

I think the Masters tournament has kind of superseded it, although obviously that's for ex-players rather than current ones. The wife & I went to see it a couple of years ago at Braehead as her team (Motherwell) were appearing. Most entertaining thing was seeing Stevie Cowan turning out for Aberdeen looking about the same size as Mr Creosote from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. Shocking considering he occasionally turns a buck nowadays on Sportsound criticising the stamina of current players.

Would be great to see ICT enter a team tho' - Jimmy C, Teasdale, Ian McArthur, Wilson Roberston, Stewarty and of course Charlie would be my starting VI.

Incidentally, Celtic won the final against 'Well with a dodgy penalty. Plus ca change...

Personally I think indoor football like "the sixes" or  "the masters" as shown on SKY over and over is a load of c r a p.

I appreciate I'm in the minority, my pals used to love the Scottish sixes, but sorry, I always found it pretty tedious stuff.