FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strengthen during transfer window?

Guest Mahonio

What about Farid El Alagui?  Fallen out of favour at Brentford apparently.  Proven goalscorer in Division One at Falkirk, and offers something to Mckay.  Don't know if he'd come here, but he'd be a good signing I think.

That's a good shout!

I'd still like to see us bring Rory back.

Exactly

I see ex falkirk striker Lyle Taylor has gone to Partick Thistle on loan. That's the type of player we need!

As for Tony Watt coming here, would've better signing him if Terry Butcher was still manager but in saying that Richie would be just as good to sort him out. I made a suggestion the other day, Bahruddin Atajic, every time I watched him against our U20 and also Ross County's u20 he was always a stand out for them.

Id like to see Atajic come here

And a short deal for Nacho Novo, released by Shiels last week ? OK, he is 34 and just scored 1 goal in 10 games with Morton but he was really good with the Rangers.

:doh:

Absolutely not.  He was released because he's a fat, lazy, useless, little moron, who was absolute rubbish against us a few weeks ago.  We should stay well clear of this wee troll.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

Yogi's first real test is likely to be finding a replacement for McKay as it is only a matter of time till he leaves (will be surprised if he is still here after Jan).

We need to work on the basis that we have to find a replacement now and hope that we have till the summer to bed the player in. At the moment if Billy goes we are likely to have to play Foran (if fit) up front or rely on untried players.

Toby has shown nothing to suggest he is good enough for the top flight I'm afraid and Curtis never worked out.

• Agree 1

And a short deal for Nacho Novo, released by Shiels last week ? OK, he is 34 and just scored 1 goal in 10 games with Morton but he was really good with the Rangers.

:doh:

Absolutely not.  He was released because he's a fat, lazy, useless, little moron, who was absolute rubbish against us a few weeks ago.  We should stay well clear of this wee troll.

OK, I didn't know that.

What about Farid El Alagui?  Fallen out of favour at Brentford apparently.  Proven goalscorer in Division One at Falkirk, and offers something to Mckay.  Don't know if he'd come here, but he'd be a good signing I think.

That's a good shout!

Can't see him being satisfied sitting on the bench, which is where he would be unless McKay is dropped (!) or a complete change in the formation that got us to 2nd (which is a risk that might be immediatley rescinded leaving one or other on the bench).

What about Farid El Alagui? Fallen out of favour at Brentford apparently. Proven goalscorer in Division One at Falkirk, and offers something to Mckay. Don't know if he'd come here, but he'd be a good signing I think.

That's a good shout!

Can't see him being satisfied sitting on the bench, which is where he would be unless McKay is dropped (!) or a complete change in the formation that got us to 2nd (which is a risk that might be immediatley rescinded leaving one or other on the bench).

What about playing 2 up front instead of the "Shinnie Role" behind Mckay. Mckay and El Alagui would be a fantastic partnership.

Don't let's be too hard on Toby,  remember Oor Billy's first season with us and the chances he missed, yes I know he got into the right positions, at the right times but those glaring chances missed when he was in position as our prime striker were shocking, Bless him he persevered and is now reaping the rewards for both self and team.

Patience was the operative word there and I wish some of our posters could just find some of the patience shown by the then management team, this man could go on to great things if given the opportunities and backing that Billy did.

We also have great potential waiting with Polworth, Christie, Pepper and Greenhalgh all readying themselves for first squad involvement, be encouraged by that but don't rush them on to the park until they are really ready to cope with the pressures of the SPFL.

Foran and Vincent to come back in too so plenty time yet to pick up the points for a place in the top three.

Again Dave back to his rightfull position feeding Doran and Shinnie in left midfield as per second half Dons game and we can get back to goal scoring business.

• Agree 1

John Hughes and Stokes?

Is that the same Stokes that he broke off his interview (with Ian Auld?) Saturday to rush over and exchange hugs with. Called him a big doughnut in a very friendly way...ha! ha!

John--just a wee tip if I may. In the middle of an interview I am sure you could leave the pleasantries with a player on the oppposite side of the bed until after you have finished...eh? :laugh: You are the Manager now old chap not  a pal player, and I am sure Ian was ...dumbfounded.

• Agree 2

John Hughes and Stokes?

Is that the same Stokes that he broke off his interview (with Ian Auld?) Saturday to rush over and exchange hugs with. Called him a big doughnut in a very friendly way...ha! ha!

John--just a wee tip if I may. In the middle of an interview I am sure you could leave the pleasantries with a player on the oppposite side of the bed until after you have finished...eh? :laugh: You are the Manager now old chap not  a pal player, and I am sure Ian was ...dumbfounded.

The interview was with our own Davie Balfour and I think he enjoyed every minute of it Scarlet.

I see Brentford are looking to sign Arsenal's striker Chuba Akpom on loan (Someone I wanted us to use the Arsenal link for last January transfer window)

With them already having Marcello Trotta and to add Akpom maybe El Alagui could be a realistic loan deal till end of season?

• Agree 1

El Alagui would be a great signing, good finisher and physical threat as well as having a point to prove. Even if we got him on loan for the rest of the season... 

Old Caley Girl--so one poster likes my comment and one doesn't.

J.Hughes broke-off from D Balfour when Stokes walked by to engage in lovey-doveys and D Balfour was forgotten and forlorn with a cheerful, but probably somewhat embarrassed smile, on his face. And, unless you asked D. B. yourself what he felt, you don't actually know whether he enjoyed it or not, really, do you?  For your information I enjoyed it too except that it was not the time or the place IMHO.

Perhaps you miss the point. He had plenty of time later to  have chats or kissing and cuddling with Stokes  and I was looking at the video to find out what our new Manager thought about the game and not to see him leave his interviewer in the lurch in order to exchange pleasantries with a player from the team that just BEAT us. 

I'm just an old fuddy-duddy but I think that it was bad manners towards his interviewer and to the  video viewer and it did, apparently, show that to him chummy chats with old  acquaintances might just be more important than advising the fans of his own opinions on the match...

• Agree 1

John Hughes and Stokes?

John--just a wee tip if I may. In the middle of an interview I am sure you could leave the pleasantries with a player on the oppposite side of the bed until after you have finished...eh?
:laugh:
 You are the Manager now old chap not  a pal player, and I am sure Ian was ...dumbfounded.

The interview was with our own Davie Balfour and I think he enjoyed every minute of it Scarlet.

Perhaps it will help dispel the notion that some people have that for whatever reason Yogi is going to see players clamouring out of the door to get away from him. He's obviously a fairly popular gaffer with players. Someone that for the most is honest and friendly but would quickly turn nasty when required.

Stokes would surely be a prime example of this. Clearly he's kept up a friendship which saw him rejoin his old loan gaffer at Hibs, when leaving Sunderland and still be friendly with him years on from then. He might be a doughnut but Hughes also managed to get the best out of him, form which earned him moves to Sunderland for £2m and the to Celtic from Hibs.

Again as for signings. A striker on loan would be nice but aside from that, unless we lose anyone, or someone exceptional becomes available then there is no real demand for someone. I'd rather see our exciting crop of youngsters given a go at backing up the 1st team.

Edited by iamthecaptain1
  • Agree 2

Tbh i dont think the Arsenal link really exists anymore and it never really did, we got 1 releasee who was okay but never made it, and a loanee who was outright garbage

It still does Rival and I would hope or assume our new manager will be able to continue as is with it. The connection with Arsenal had nothing directly to do with TB    

I have found this on some rumour website so I posted it in the rumour mill but it is worth posting it here and add to the speculation of yogis first signing :D

"Hartlepool Uniteds 6'4" teenage striker Greg Rutherford jumps at the chance to go out on a months loan to Inverness Caledonia Thistle and team up with his old boss Yogi Hughes."

Edited by Ayeseetee