FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Williams

Tob

Think it's time for Danny to accept that things haven't worked out for him at ICT. Seen him play several times for the 20s & first team and have never been impressed. He's nowhere near good enough for SPFL Premiership in my opinion. Would rather see the likes of Christie, Polworth or Pepper start before him.

think fans are being extremely harsh on the boy. yes, he doesnt have as much steal as boys like foran and draper but in todays match he was always available for the ball and spread the ball quite well. think you should get behind the boy instead of just slagging him off, must be doing wonders for his confidence

• Agree 1

Andrew Shinnie was terrible for the first couple of months at ICT. Took a while to adjust. Danny is being played out of position and i‘d like to see him play on the right wing. We signed him based on his performances on the right wing for Kendal.

Edited by CapitalCaley

I'm not just basing this on today's game. I've seen him play several times for the 20s and the first team and he's just not good enough.

Sorry if that seems harsh but my honest opinion is that we'd be better off playing Christie/Polworth/Pepper or signing someone else instead.

think fans are being extremely harsh on the boy. yes, he doesnt have as much steal as boys like foran and draper but in todays match he was always available for the ball and spread the ball quite well. think you should get behind the boy instead of just slagging him off, must be doing wonders for his confidence

I'm not "slagging him off". Just voicing my opinion that he's not good enough. I've seen him a few times for the 20s when he was played out wide. Have you?

As potentially his fiercest critic, I'll say this: he is simply not a holding midfielder, so if you play him, he has to play in his proper position. Right now, he's not what we're missing, which is energy, ball-winning and distribution in the heart of midfield. So, the jury is out on his ability, but I think Pepper, Shinnie or Tremarco could do the necessary until Foran and Draper are back. In the short-term, maybe we go to 4-4-2, given that we don't have holding midfielders available?

Andrew Shinnie was terrible for the first couple of months at ICT. Took a while to adjust. Danny is being played out of position and i‘d like to see him play on the right wing. We signed him based on his performamces on the right wing for Kendal.

I was one of them and I was more than happy to eat my words and now I miss Shinniesta every day  :sad:

I'd love to see more of Williams in a wider role. I noticed that's where he shifted today after we went 4-4-2 with Doran sitting alongside Draper in the middle of the pitch.

Edited by RiG

Andrew Shinnie was terrible for the first couple of months at
ICT
. Took a while to adjust. Danny is being played out of position and i‘d like to see him play on the right wing. We signed him based on his performamces on the right wing for Kendal.

I was one of them and I was more than happy to eat my words and now I miss Shinniesta every day  :sad:

I'd love to see more of Williams in a wider role. I noticed that's where he shifted today after we went 4-4-2 with Doran sitting alongside Draper in the middle of the pitch.

Remember Mrs Shinnie going radge at RedCard at Tannadice when everyone was heckling him.  Those were the days :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Look at the slagging Raven took when he started his ICT career yet he has become one of our best players when fit

The lad should still be given a chance it's still early days, and like others have indicated it's maybe worth experimenting with him in other positions

Dougal

• Agree 1

I'm not "slagging him off". Just voicing my opinion that he's not good enough. I've seen him a few times for the 20s when he was played out wide. Have you?

yes

Shinniesta's performance at Pittodrie was possibly one of the worst I have ever seen from an ICT player but by the time he left he had shown perhaps the highest level of technical skill and creativity from any ICT player I can recall watching at any level.

I love him wub.png

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

To be fair, Danny has broke into the starting XI just as the team in general has started to under perform, for reasons that I cannot explain.  If the whole team were firing on all cylinders, then perhaps Danny would be as well.  The team in general were poor today, and Danny was one of the better players.  I thought for example he performed better than Draper and Doran today, and we all know they can play very well when at their best.  As a matter of fact, on reflection i'd probably say he was our best player today, albeit on a day when most players had a bad day at the office!

One thing I felt lacking from todays game was players were not getting wide enough.  Everything was getting clogged up in the middle.  Far too many times when attacking, there'd be an empty space on the right hand side.  This is where Raven is good for darting up from defence (get him back in).  However it can be the perfect opportunity for Danny to show us what he's made of.  Get him on the right wing for Motherwell and give him a chance.

• Agree 1

He is being played out of position ffs. He is a winger, not a holding mid. He had a poor first half but I actually thought he was beginning to grow into the game more as it went on. Judge on what he does in his natural position. 

Think its time you stopped slating a player that butcher and the new manager saw potential in!!!!!!

Let's hope to god he doesn't read this rubbish , great way to boost a young guys confidence!!!

His family ARE more than likely reading this too!!!

You are joking? I'm not "slating a player", just stating my opinion that I think he's not good enough for this level. I base that opinion on having seeing him play for us several times at under 20s and first team level.

As for his family reading this, well what difference does that make? Should I say he's the next Gareth Bale in case his mum has logged in?

Anyway, what I think counts for zero. If the manager thinks he's good enough then he'll play and that is the bottom line.

• Agree 1

How good he is on the wing remains to be seen.  I've only seen him there towards the end of matches when the play is stretched, but from the U20 matches I've seen from him there and the game down at Charlton, I thought he looked quite quiet.  Again, how good a winger he'll turn out to be remains to be seen.

One thing that is for certain, is that he is not and will never be a central midfielder.  It looks like exactly what he is, a player being played out of position.  For the Morton game, Shearer and Kellacher went for Polworth over him and waxed lyrical about him afterwards.  It thus must be very much Hughes's choice to play and it is unfair to continually play there, knowing full well that he'll struggle.  

If Williams' confidence is taking a bashing, it will not be down to fans critical comments, rather the foolishness of his manager.

Edited by Renegade