FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish cup quarter final draw

ferben1994

Very happy with that. No room to be complacent but play to our potential and the semi final beckons and then the dream is on.

Couldn't have put it better myself! This is what I put on Facebook an hour before the draw ... 

"Countdown to Scottish (FA) Cup quarter-final draw at 2pm ... Fingers crossed for an ICT home draw against a smaller club (just for a change :)) ... and a Dundee Utd-Celtic clash at Tannadice ... please ;) "

Raith are no mugs ... but happy with that!

We might not get on the TV, but if we get to the semis then I think that's where the big bucks are.  Doesn't all the cash from the two games get shared between the four semi finalists?

Make no mistake, this cup run is important for the bank balance.  After all, we were barely in the black last season despite reaching the League Cup final.

Should be a winnable game but we need to watch as Raith are a decent side coming into form, even when they are not playing the dysfunctional Southsiders.

If I get north for the game it'll be the first time I've ever booed Raith winger Grant Anderson who had two excellent seasons at, ahem, Kirkie Rob Roy.

We were all pretty confident when we got a home draw in the quarter finals this time last season, and look what happened to us! Let's use that as a lesson / motivation not to repeat the same mistakes this year.

Edited by AlexJones

Our draw was quite predictable - obviously we were destined for the Sevco ball, but they failed to follow the script and got beat and SFA didn't have time to re-jig it!

Only surprise was they made the mistake of picking our ball out first so we had a home tie . . .  :lol:

• Agree 3

I doubt we could have hand-picked the draw any better!

We've played Raith in the Scottish Cup once before and won 2-0 at home - on the way to the (Dundee) semi-final.

The only other cup meeting between the teams was a Challenge Cup game were we beat them, before going on to win that cup itself - so good omens!

Without taking anything for Granted, Raith will be tricky opponents, getting this close to the semi final makes me reflect on how far we have come since our last semi finals when we were massive underdogs not only against Dundee but against the mighty Dunfermline.

• Agree 2

Without taking anything for Granted, Raith will be tricky opponents, getting this close to the semi final makes me reflect on how far we have come since our last semi finals when we were massive underdogs not only against Dundee but against the mighty Dunfermline.

That's a very good point. This would be our first Scottish Cup semi as a 'top flight' side. I remember the chants to the Dunfermline fans of "SPL, you're having a laugh!!"

• Agree 1

That's a great draw for us. Raith are no mugs and will be well prepared for the game but notwithstanding that, we should win the game if we play to our strengths.  Hopefully we have learnt the lesson from going out to The Rangers in the other cup.  Getting to the semi-final would mean a real chance to lift the cup together with the financial benefits for the club.  There are incentives all round and there really should be no slip ups.  Bring it on!

• Agree 1