FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

Club are on the case and trying to get it rectified ASAP.  Rest assured, more sections WILL be made available for sale.

So we have pretty much sold out our allocation yes?

Not getting involved in that discussion :lol:

Club are on the case and trying to get it rectified ASAP.  Rest assured, more sections WILL be made available for sale.

So we have pretty much sold out our allocation yes?

I wouldnt think so as we had the whole stand apart from the last 2 of G

There IS actually 10 000 put aside for sponsors and clubs whether they are all taken up is another matter. Remember every Scottish League Team gets an allocation as do the various lower branches affiliated to the SFA . Add into that every William Hills office getting comps for staff that easily covers 10 000. I still forecast a 40 000 plus crowd

As many folk on here know, I'm involved with Whitehill Welfare in the Lowland League, which is level 5 as is the Highland League. We only get 2 comps and if we want more we need to pay for them. It's hard enough getting somebody to take the comps unless it's say Hearts v Hibs or the Old Filth.

• Agree 1

This will be our biggest ever support, but still, it is evident that the vast majority of Invernessians are not attending this wonderful and historic event. Seriously, what the **** is wrong with them?!

• Agree 3

This will be our biggest ever support, but still, it is evident that the vast majority of Invernessians are not attending this wonderful and historic event. Seriously, what the **** is wrong with them?!

Apparently it clashes with some good sport on the telly :tongueincheek:

Best guess is approx. 12,000 but Yogi's interview on BBC website today says he's "quite sure we'll take 15,000-20,000 down to the cup final...". Either he knows something that ICT point-blank refuse to tell the rest of us or else the high-heid yins are not going to be very happy that he's bandying those figures round. 

Edited by DalgetyBayJaggy

I think we are over 12000 maybe around 13000 but nobody knows I think yogi was right to say 15000 as we must be reasonably close but 20000 maybe ambitious if anyone knows the size of the big sections in the south we could make better estimates

I think it probably has to be accepted that the majority of Invernessians, in common with the majority of the public at large, are not remotely interested in football in any shape or form. To many, the Scottish Cup Final will be of no more interest than the Buckingham Palace Court Circular and of significantly less interest than who are competing in the next series of Strictly. I sometimes wonder if the football fraternity tends to get stuck in its own wee bubble on occasions and forgets that there is a whole big world out there with fundamentally different priorities and interests.

• Agree 2

Their pocket money would be better spent on a few voddies in the nip inn and watching from there apparently

I think it probably has to be accepted that the majority of Invernessians, in common with the majority of the public at large, are not remotely interested in football in any shape or form. To many, the Scottish Cup Final will be of no more interest than the Buckingham Palace Court Circular and of significantly less interest than who are competing in the next series of Strictly. I sometimes wonder if the football fraternity tends to get stuck in its own wee bubble on occasions and forgets that there is a whole big world out there with fundamentally different priorities and interests.

That is true but for occasions such as the cup final clubs from provincial towns typically manage to sufficiently engage with their community to be able to take a third or more of the population. Recent examples are St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and, this season our own opponents the Bairns of Falkirk. It looks like we will be taking fewer than a fifth of the population of 'Greater Inverness' so there is scope to do better to come up to par.

However, on the upside, this will be far and away the biggest following we have ever had and getting on for twice as many as we look to the League Cup final last season. 

The report card reads; Solid work with encouraging progress. Room for improvement. 

• Agree 2