FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo away next season??

Harry Chibber

He will be a BIG loss if he does go. There wasn't his usual sharpness and work rate against the Huns (not surprising after several weeks out), but still bagged a goal. It would be great if CC could convince him to stay.

I moved it because I couldn't find anything in the press quoting him as saying he was away.  All the talk seemed to be around him having options and no decision has been made yet.  If you can show me a direct quote which says he is offskee I'll happily move it back.

To be honest I don't think Motherwell would pay him much more than we would.  They are usually pretty much financially embarrassed.  Are they getting some money for wee skippy?

Was supposed to be in the region of £650k for Skippy, which would give them a fair bit to spend on signing Dargs ( who is seemingly keen to stay in Scotland)  As this is his last few seasons at the top he will be looking for a fair signing fee plus a decent salary.

He will be gone - no doubt, my concern is not Dargo, but who CC replaces him with.... AND i hope it isnt Rory.

No we didn't. Soane, Sutherland & Rory were on the bench.

I assume it was to give him some experience rather than having McSwegan who will be gone in the summer.

I'd be REALLY disappointed to see Dargo going to Motherwell.Bit of a sideways career move for him for only a little more cash. Saying that they do have nearly £1 million burning a hole in there pocket for Forlan & MacDonald  :006:

Pinch of Salt with that link anyone?

Some of the chit that appears on that site put's IHE to shame  :016:

Any half decent striker will score goals if he gets the support he needs.  Our problem in the SPL has always been supply, so I am more concerned about the work CC put's in over the summer to rectify that than I am about the person who'll be banging the ball into the net at the end of it.

Guest Arab4Ever

If true then bye bye. Hope he remembers the club that took a chance and saved him from the lower scottish divs.

Your a sentimental bunch some of you. Dargo and Dods dont owe ICT anything. Both signed contracts, have seen them through and done their jobs well. ICT didnt take a chance on the players for the players sake either.

Craig and Dods go with our best wishes.

ICT will replace existing players with new good players. Let's not forget we have already brought in 5 NEW players for next year

Richie Hart - fresh and revitalised

Stuarty McCaffrey - desperately determined

Michael Fraser - ambitious and now in control

Denzil the Maestro - a poor season because of injuries but next season he will be outstanding

Marcus Patilinen - 2 goals already

At some stage Graham Bayne will start scoring on a regular basis so we should let Craig and Darren move into pastures new and we will create a better unit for next year.

Here ya are then...

'At some stage Graham Bayne will start scoring on a regular basis '

:015: :015: :015: :017: :017:

Nah mate, we NEED new players, an experienced Centre back, Striker who can score regular, cover/competition for Rossco, but as tmftj says a lot of positives, as long as Rory aint part of it... yet.

when you look at the squad list, its scary !!!!

GK: Fraser, Ridgers (on loan-in)

LB: Hastings, Golabek (on loan-out)(?)

CB: McCaffrey, Munro

RB: Tokely

LM: Paatelainen, McBain, Rankin, Morgan (on loan-out)(?),

CM: Black, Duncan, Hart

RM: Wilson, Cowie (?)

FW: Wyness, Bayne, Dargo (?), McAllister, McSwegan (?)

[li]We need a GK as backup to Fraser or to push him for the #1 spot.[/li]
    [li]We need a LB to challenge Hastings for that spot. Will Golly come back ? if he does will he push him ?[/li]
    [li]We need at least one central defender to be in the mix with Caff and Grant[/li]
    [li]We need a RB to keep Tokely on his toes ... Proctor anyone ?[/li]
    [li]We have more than we need on left side of midfield. Will Morgan return ?[/li]
    [li]We have enough decent players for centre of midfield with Rankin, McBain and Cowie all able to play there as well as Black, Duncan and Hart[/li]
    [li]We may need a right sided midfielder to take some of the burden away from Barry who probably wont be able to play all games. Can Hart/Cowie cover this ?[/li]
    [li]We need a goalscorer. Wyness and Bayne appear to be the logical starting lineup if Dargo goes. McSwegan may not get a contract and much as I want to say differently, Rory has not done anything to merit a place - 3 goals in 44 appearances does not a striker make.[/li]

There are decent youngsters floating around - Sutherland, Soane, Kerr, Wood (?) - but are any able to slot straight into the squad ? I dont know. Its a big rebuilding job at the end of the season .......

Guest Arab4Ever

I think Dave McCracken could be a excellent signing for your squad. He has been excellent recently and Utd have conceded 6 goals in our last 9 games, although that could down to just Lee Wilkie (immense). I am not convinced Dods is much different to Wilkie and both lack pace. I would be happy if McCracken stayed but I doubt Levein would go back on his decision. I wouldnt be at all surprised if CC is at least thinking about McCracken.

when you look at the squad list, its scary !!!!

GK: Fraser, Ridgers (on loan-in)

LB: Hastings, Golabek (on loan-out)(?)

CB: McCaffrey, Munro

RB: Tokely

LM: Paatelainen, McBain, Rankin, Morgan (on loan-out)(?),

CM: Black, Duncan, Hart

RM: Wilson, Cowie (?)

FW: Wyness, Bayne, Dargo (?), McAllister, McSwegan (?)

• [li]We need a GK as backup to Fraser or to push him for the #1 spot.[/li]
    [li]We need a LB to challenge Hastings for that spot. Will Golly come back ? if he does will he push him ?[/li]
    [li]We need at least one central defender to be in the mix with Caff and Grant[/li]
    [li]We need a RB to keep Tokely on his toes ... Proctor anyone ?[/li]
    [li]We have more than we need on left side of midfield. Will Morgan return ?[/li]
    [li]We have enough decent players for centre of midfield with Rankin, McBain and Cowie all able to play there as well as Black, Duncan and Hart[/li]
    [li]We may need a right sided midfielder to take some of the burden away from Barry who probably wont be able to play all games. Can Hart/Cowie cover this ?[/li]
    [li]We need a goalscorer. Wyness and Bayne appear to be the logical starting lineup if Dargo goes. McSwegan may not get a contract and much as I want to say differently, Rory has not done anything to merit a place - 3 goals in 44 appearances does not a striker make.[/li]

There are decent youngsters floating around - Sutherland, Soane, Kerr, Wood (?) - but are any able to slot straight into the squad ? I dont know. Its a big rebuilding job at the end of the season .......

The good thing about our squad is that most the players can play well in more than one position

Don't really think we need a keeper, I'm happy for Fraser to be given a shot and Ridgers to learn the trade in the background

We need cover for our defence (strange considering we have one of the best defensive records in the SPL), we need at least 1 centre half, we need cover for left and right full back, although I'm certain Proctor will be back with the club next season.

Midfield we are very strong, in the centre we have Black, Duncan, Hart, McBain, Rankin & Cowie. 

McBain, Rankin, Paatelinainen, Hart, Wilson, Xander have all played on the left at somepoint. 

Right wing we have Wilson, Hart, Cowie, Xander and now Cowie.

Decent forwards we have Wyness, McAllister and Bayne

Cover for all defensive positions, a right winger and a couple of forwards.... that's some shopping list

'Decent forwards we have Wyness, McAllister and Bayne '

Harry Harry..  these three players combined have not got into double figures with goals this season. dont think decent is the appropriate word.

Bayne runs about daft jumping and heading the ball to anyone, and will never become prolific in the technique of scoring goals, Rory NEEDS to go on loan to get some kind of confidence back so we can see if he is a player, and Denzil is now in danger of becoming a half season player.

As i said before the game this close season will be the real test for CC, i think he will do ok IF he can pull in a couple of good players.