FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

V Partick Thistle Sat7thOCT

tm4tj

I really couldn't see what all the fuss was about, with some saying Partick were  one of the favourites for the league. I thought they weren't as strong or as lethal in attack as they were last season. They certainly weren't the best team I have seen this season, in fact I thought they were quite average. So, hopefully as our confidence grows, and maybe if DF can find a quality player or two to complete the building process, we can start to pull ourselves nearer and nearer to the pack.

• Agree 1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Table after yesterdays games
1. Dundee Utd 8 5 3 0 17 4 18
2. Raith Rovers 8 5 2 1 13 9 17
3. Partick Thistle 8 4 2 2 17 9 14
4. Arbroath 8 4 0 4 15 11 12
5. Airdrieonians 8 4 0 4 8 12 12
6. Dunfermline 7 3 2 2 9 8 11
7. Queens Park 9 3 1 5 11 19 10
8. Ayr United 8 3 0 5 11 17 9
9. Inverness CT 8 1 2 5 6 10 5
10. Morton 8 1 2 5 8 16 5

Sounds like the weather had a bit of an impact on the game, but an encouraging result all the same.

The match report gave good ratings to Gilmour, Longstaff and Ujdur [Longstaff I think has been generally pretty good each game he has played] so maybe our recruitment has been not so bad after all.

Scoring obviously a bit of a problem at the moment since we have lost every league game we have by the odd goal. Overall I think the defence is in a decent place, with good numbers and some quality that will see us over the winter.  We've certainly not been tonked by anyone.

Looking at Shaw, Longstaff and McKay there are clearly goals there, and I have faith in Big Dunc, if he can't get the attack firing including the likes of Brooks [young but intelligent] Lodovica [potentially another Todorov who ventually had quite a purple patch] Samuels [fast, young, needs to develop some composure ] then who could?

Midfield seems settled, not sure how long Welsh is out for, he would makes a difference when he returns.

The season has a long way to go, if we can steady progress up to the New Year, first to make relegation an unlikely event, and then to be withing striking distance of the top 4, who knows...if we can rid ourselves of the Dodds long dip in form that has cost us two seasons running [albeit last season mass injuries did play a hand]

Edited by Eagle4Caley

I’ll take a point, especially given that Partick really should have scored at the end.

On the plus side the defence looked pretty solid, but it also felt we could have played until midnight without scoring.

A front line of Samuels, Lodovica and Brooks at the end felt a bit short of quality.

Anderson and Gilmour put in some shift in the middle of the park and Longstaff looked keen to take men on.

Build up was a bit pedestrian at times and there was a tendency to pass sideways or turn back rather than try and find a man further forward. On the occasions McKay did break through, we were slow to support.

If someone can find the Shaw from the end of last season, that would be great.

Green shoots for sure, and not letting them in for fun at the back is an improvement.

No idea what the Partick love-in is all about, they looked pretty ordinary to be honest.

[Edit] Thought the ref had a decent game too. Wasn’t too fussy, or card happy and quite happy to let the game flow.

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic