FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What I didnt know

Naelifts

The following is possibly common knowledge amongst forum readers but it was new to me so I thought I would share it.

My premier league manager pal was telling me today that he was on a course with Dougie Imrie very recently. Imrie told him that he was positive that he had the ICT job and what followed was a bolt from the blue.

He didnt reckon that Dunc would be on much of a wage as , after Forest Green, his reputation was trashed down south.

He also said that all managerial contracts , his included, have a clause which states how much compensation a sacked manager would get. Normally 6 months. This does mean that we dont keep paying for ever and a day for a manager that we have had removed. Glad to hear that as I always thought it was a bit of a racket.

As I say....Many of you will know this but it was news to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I did hear that Billy Dodds got three months wages but have no idea if it’s true and being honest it’s just for us to speculate as it’s personal to those involved. 
Ian McCall was on Off the Ball about the time Dodds was sacked and said he was finished his ‘gardening leave’ and ready for a new job which would indicate that Partick Thistle had paid off his contract. 
Again we will never know how much Dunc is on or how the club is covering his wages but all that matters is he can get the team back up the league and hopefully promoted. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, kenneth thomson said:

Seen a post saying one of the Directors was paying his salary

I’ve heard it is David Cameron of Upland Developments who is assisting the club financially at present.

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I’ve heard it is David Cameron of Upland Developments who is assisting the club financially at present.

And I heard it was Alan Savage :lol: it must be the Inverness rumour mill working again!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I’ve heard it is David Cameron of Upland Developments who assisting the club financially at present.

47 minutes ago, IBM said:

And I heard it was Alan Savage :lol: it must be the Inverness rumour mill working again!

Maybe you're both right

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, ictbob said:

David Cameron is paying the wages David sutherand is paying there accommodation. David Cameron is punping money in and also buying assets back and gifting them to the club.

This is the kind of thing that the financial fair play rules were designed to prevent.  If true, then hopefully we're not digging a deeper hole for ourselves.

Anyone remember Gretna?

I'd rather we just got our house in order and weren't splashing large sums of money on wages for an incompetent CEO and absentee Sporting Director.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

21 hours ago, Donview said:

Just as well the powers to be aren’t investigating the ‘perks’ that uncle Roy foots the bill for over the bridge!😉😇😊😊

We have greatly surpassed Ross County on that front for a number of years now.