FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Hibernian - Sc Cup - Preview

tm4tj

28 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Don't agree with all the negative comments on here I thought the boys did okay especially the first half.

I thought ourback three of Mullen, Savage and Carracher did well enough and  looked solid  its our final third where we are struggling. 

3-1 flattered Hibs,the first two goals were a deflections and a mistake.

Dorans goal was quality.

We need to up the tempo and be more proactive.

I agree we need a striker and just a shame Samuel was out injured.

Sorry Douglas, I can't agree. We are so insipid, one dimensional and outright boring to watch. Our defence should have just worn Santa suits and white beards and be done with it. 

We are absolutely honking and we don't have enough characters or spirit to avoid a relegation play off place, at best. 

• Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Sorry Douglas, I can't agree. We are so insipid, one dimensional and outright boring to watch. Our defence should have just worn Santa suits and white beards and be done with it. 

We are absolutely honking and we don't have enough characters or spirit to avoid a relegation play off place, at best. 

No worries entitled to our own  opinion,so respect yours. I think the team now has potential we just have to put the right pieces of the jig saw in the right places and hope Pebble can fo something up front.

• Agree 3

We are not quite as one dimensional dimensional as stated. There have been signs in the last 2 games of what we are trying to do but the problems are further further up thee field as little or no support for Billy or McAllister today. Anderson tries and does well but Gilmour Gilmour sits far to deep at times. As for Shaw,  what has happened to him?. He has been dreadful yet never seems to be subbed. Definitely missed Samuel today and that might have made a difference.  Must win game coming up next week so Ferguson needs to start earning his money and stop the baffling substitions. 

• Thoughtful 1

No complaints from me about the result.

Ridgers kept us in it in the first half, although I thought we competed well and deserved the 0-0 score line.

The shot for the first goal took a wicked deflection or otherwise Ridgers would have had a comfortable save. McAllister lost possession in the build up after doing the hard work in winning the ball.

Boyes was at fault for the second whilst we seemed to switch off a bit expecting a flag for the third but the player who picked the ball up was onside.

Doran’s goal was a cracker, but far too little far too late.

I’m not sure about the defensive substitutions as the defence was coping well on the whole. I can only guess that Chilokoa-Mullen and Savage are not fully match fit yet as both have been subbed in all three matches they’ve started for us.

Now we need to focus on our league survival. We dropped a place today with Queens Park beating Dunfermline. After Partick next week, we play the two teams below is and those are games we cannot afford to slip up in.

Like others, I do see improvements but we’ve had so many changes and we don’t yet know if the changes are paying off. Kerr looks good at right wing back, the young central defenders all look competent, McAllister seems to have potential, Samuel is a real asset and is hopefully fit soon, with the jury out on Pepple as we’ve not seen much of him. They should all benefit from game time.

MacGregor got a few minutes at the end and will hopefully be able to have a positive impact. Samuels was on the bench, and his pace as an impact player will be useful in games.

Im not (currently) as despondent as some posters, and calls for the Manager’s head are very premature. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thoughtful 1

Baffling substitutions, as said earlier the three at the back were coping well, and swapping 2 of the 3 was never going to be a game changer.

As usual,gave the opposition to much respect and it took until 90 minutes to actually have a go.

Not sure how we can turn this season around.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

We are not quite  As for Shaw,  what has happened to him?.

Have to agree. While be had some credit in the bank from last season, he's run out of that this time. Too often his touch is poor, lightweight, bad decisions and passes which questions whether he's deserving of a start. We all hope he turns it round but right now a waste of a shirt unfortunately.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Have to agree. While be had some credit in the bank from last season, he's run out of that this time. Too often his touch is poor, lightweight, bad decisions and passes which questions whether he's deserving of a start. We all hope he turns it round but right now a waste of a shirt unfortunately.

He's definitely fading away. Just like his shirt in the second half today. 

Did he get a replacement shirt from the club shop or something? 😃

3 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Don't agree with all the negative comments on here I thought the boys did okay especially the first half.

I thought ourback three of Mullen, Savage and Carracher did well enough and  looked solid  its our final third where we are struggling. 

3-1 flattered Hibs,the first two goals were a deflections and a mistake.

Dorans goal was quality.

We need to up the tempo and be more proactive.

I agree we need a striker and just a shame Samuel was out injured.

Just watched the highlights and I don't think 3-1 flattered Hibs at all.  A slightly less in form Ridgers and they could have been approaching double figures.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, STFU said:

Just watched the highlights and I don't think 3-1 flattered Hibs at all.  A slightly less in form Ridgers and they could have been approaching double figures.

That's your opinion STFU but still think we did alright as a team in fact think BBC had first half 47% us 53% Hibs.Mind we hit the crossbar and their first goal was a deflected shot.

Just amazed how quick some on here just look for all the negative things with the team,not considering seven are new and Dunc is rebuilding.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

How often does Harper get the ball wide left, 1 v 1 with his man and turns back, very rarely even tries a 1 2 to beat the defender, its infuriating. Ball goes back the way, across the back line to try the same on the other side. We've nothing creative in the centre of the park and really lack quality in the final 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

That's your opinion STFU but still think we did alright as a team in fact think BBC had first half 47% us 53% Hibs.Mind we hit the crossbar and their first goal was a deflected shot.

Just amazed how quick some on here just look for all the negative things with the team,not considering seven are new and Dunc is rebuilding.

We always do well on the possession stat as teams are happy to let us fanny about with ball in our own half.

Technically we hit the cross bar, even if it was a ball that actually dropped on the top of it and was closer to hitting the back of the bar than the front if it.

I'm not calling for manager or player heads and agree that there are circumstances at play, but that doesn't mean we should be kidding ourselves things are better than they are.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

He's definitely fading away. Just like his shirt in the second half today. 

Did he get a replacement shirt from the club shop or something? 😃

He is prone to nose bleeds. He had two shirts with his name on them in the first half and a new blank one in the second half.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Are you Craig Brown in disguise? 😃

You'll be telling us we had more corners than them next lol

2 hours ago, CaleyCiuin said:

He is prone to nose bleeds.

Is that when he gets near the opposition penalty box and should be taking a shot?

The 3-5-2 formation and tippy tappy stuff at home isn't working. We need to be more direct and less predictable. For the next few league games I'd like to see a switch to 4-3-3 with Samuel, Pepple and Mckay up front. 

• Agree 1

Not too fused or interested in possession stats. You can have 100% possession but if you don't shoot on target you're never going to score. Knowing our look we'd still lose with an og from a dodgy back pass. 😄

Yes, Big Dunc is rebuilding but some of his building blocks aren't quite stable yet. Hopefully the mortar will set soon and make us more solid :ponder: 

• Agree 2

Not sure who the scoreline flatters most, us or them?

Hibs second win this year, and boy did we help them get it.

For all their second half possession their shooting was weak and if it wasn't for some crap defensive decisions and a few bloopers they would have struggled if we had taken them later into the game at 0-0.

I don't think anybody ( in their right mind ) would have fancied us for a win , or even a goal would have been pushing things . Our best option was possession based football to limit their chances but we were guilty of surrendering the ball too easily,  too often and in poor areas.

Can't understand the calls for managers head, think someone is having a wee giggle there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

Not too fused or interested in possession stats. You can have 100% possession but if you don't shoot on target you're never going to score. Knowing our look we'd still lose with an og from a dodgy back pass. 😄

Yes, Big Dunc is rebuilding but some of his building blocks aren't quite stable yet. Hopefully the mortar will set soon and make us more solid :ponder: 

Made more difficult as Ferguson Builders Company is financed and overseen by the Gardiner $el£ Pre$ervation $ociety 🤡

• Thoughtful 1

16 hours ago, Robert said:

MacGregor got a few minutes at the end and will hopefully be able to have a positive impact. Samuels was on the bench, and his pace as an impact player will be useful in games

Can’t imagine he’s feeling great. Been fit since Christmas and everyone and their dog has been parachuted in ahead of him. Dunc obviously doesn’t like the look of him 

Edited by FrontRow
  • Agree 2

Thought the highlights made that look even worse tbh. We competed well enough in the first half despite Hibs better quality but again, no shots on target so nothing to show on the telly, and it looked ominous when they had players like Youan to bring on at ht. Losing Samuel on the eve of the match was a big blow. But no point in moaning about losing to a Premier team as we have a more serious situation in the league, although even last season’s team would have been expected to give Hibs more of a challenge than that.
If we’re going to play with wing backs then why aren’t they doing what wing backs do? Cammy Harper has the ability to run full backs but he’s obviously been instructed not to. We’re committed to low-risk football it seems.
Every time we have a promising situation we the fans turn to each other and joke that it’ll end up back at Ridgers, and usually the joke turns out to be true. Playing the ball is not his strong point so he hoofs it and we lose possession. Shot-shy… the story of the season. Even an attempt at goal gets the fans on their feet. One of the few tv highlights that showed us going forward down the left was so typical- screaming out for a first time cross but instead we pass it inside and try to walk it in like Barcelona. 
I still have faith that Dunc can build a side for next season - the away performances have mainly been excellent but that doesn’t help the poor souls watching the home games. And obviously he has to keep us up first. I have the fear for next week as Brian Graham hasn’t broken his duck against us this season. With the Pars in freefall will they get a new manager bounce by dumping McPake? 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic