FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On the subject of Panini

Guest Atholl

Guest Atholl

Are kids starting to get in to them younger nowadays? My son is five and has religiously swapped at School so now he only needs Easter Road for the collection :025: My earliest memory is the World Cup 74 collection which would have made me an eight year old collecter. I do remember Esso Coins (England) from 1973 but is it the case back then only major international tournaments were subject to collections as I don't remember anything other than large Bubble gum Scottish cards. Can anyone remember when League books were first collectable? I remember collecting 1978/9 English League stickers for some reason and now have a useless piece of football info stuck in my head that Bristol City were in the top flight that season (I pray it turns up in Trivial Pursuit English football in the 70s Special edition).

I moved from Old Hilton up to Tongue in 1976 till 1978 and I don't remember them during that period !! - Coldbackie Post Office either didn't stock them for the only kid within five miles who collected them or they were introduced after 1978 when Ossie and Rickie hit town...

Anyone a Panini anorak ? (or is that me... :017:)