FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pars away April2024

tm4tj

Went to the match yesterday expecting a real battling performance given the seriousness of our position, but what I saw was a bunch of players (not a team), that looked like they really lacked energy. Ridgers did make a few good saves and there was plenty of possession and sideways passing, but not enough fight and desire to keep us out the relegation playoffs. When Billy missed that penalty my heart sank, really felt for him. Summed up our current state of affairs. Even if we do survive in the Championship, I really fear for next season given lack of finances and current structure of the Club.☹️

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Went to the match yesterday expecting a real battling performance given the seriousness of our position, but what I saw was a bunch of players (not a team), that looked like they really lacked energy. Ridgers did make a few good saves and there was plenty of possession and sideways passing, but not enough fight and desire to keep us out the relegation playoffs. When Billy missed that penalty my heart sank, really felt for him. Summed up our current state of affairs. Even if we do survive in the Championship, I really fear for next season given lack of finances and current structure of the Club.☹️

If we can't summon the type of fighting performance required ( dogs of war, blah blah etc ) when it really matters we are going to be found out badly when we go into the playoffs-sideways possession stuff will be laughable against a direct pumped up league one outfit.

• Agree 3

Mehmet has saved last four penalties against him and his save on Saturday was a good one. All to play for Friday. Hopefully Airdrie will field a decent team and make a game of it against Queens. A heavy defeat for them Friday would surely not be good preparation going into the play offs. Morton at home for us will be tough but overall form of late has been decent. Be an interesting 90 minutes with hopefully the right result in both games 🤹🏻

• Thank You 1

It’s very unfortunate for us that Queens Park’s final 2 league fixtures are against teams whose league position was already determined. Airdrie’s objective against them this Friday will be to not get any cards, injuries or to get too tired out ahead of the playoffs.

In contrast, our opponents Morton still have a league place and prize money to fight for.

• Agree 1

On 4/28/2024 at 12:12 PM, bdu98196 said:

Depending on results on Friday we could in the relegation play-offs with 42 points finishing 9th but only 3 off 5th. Wild.

Also, if we win by 2 goals or more, we could be in the relegation play offs despite having a positive goal difference. 

Yes and potentially the 4th best GD in the league.

As it stands, we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league. Imagine having that and still getting relegated!
ICT - always making history. 😮

45 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Yes and potentially the 4th best GD in the league.

As it stands, we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league. Imagine having that and still getting relegated!
ICT - always making history. 😮

Also got the worst scoring record, goals win games.

So Billy's pen saved by Mehmet on Saturday and at home on 27th Feb.  Four points thrown away because he can't beat a keeper from 12 yards.  Maybe he should have stepped aside on Saturday as keeper would have fancied it again.

1 hour ago, IcyT said:

So Billy's pen saved by Mehmet on Saturday and at home on 27th Feb.  Four points thrown away because he can't beat a keeper from 12 yards.  Maybe he should have stepped aside on Saturday as keeper would have fancied it again.

There wasn’t a lot wrong with the penalty on Saturday. It was low and not too far from the corner. To me, a good save rather than a bad penalty.

As someone said above, their goalie has saved the last four penalties he has faced.

We are not in this mess because Billy has had a couple of penalties saved, and he should not be being singled out. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

44 minutes ago, Robert said:

There wasn’t a lot wrong with the penalty on Saturday. It was low and not too far from the corner. To me, a good save rather than a bad penalty.

As someone said above, their goalie has saved the last four penalties he has faced.

We are not in this mess because Billy has had a couple of penalties saved, and he should not be being singled out. 

No way am I singling the legend out but to me looked like he scuffed his shot. Watching highlights on you tube I slowed down the speed and the ball bounces on the ground at least twice before it gets to the keepers hand. Have a look.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic