Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

53 minutes ago, bigterrybutcher said:

Quick look on the stadium availability when purchasing a ST online and a quick count will show that its roughly 1000 and counting.  Enough of the doom and gloom and back ur team . 

Rookie mistake lol 

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, bigterrybutcher said:

Ah I'm with you . You would like to think folk would now support the club and buy there tickets.  SG will have a month's notice for every year here's been in position so he's here until a minimum of August. 

Then god only knows what state the club will be in by then . I Think a lot of truths about SG will emerge after he is out of office . Certainly a lot of rumours going about and it will be interesting to see what emerges . The damage he has done and is currently doIng To the club is unbelievable .so I’m with withholding season ticket until such times . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, bigterrybutcher said:

So just I've got this straight..instead of supporting your team in its hour of need your gonna wait until August all because one man's working his notice ... 

I assume you're talking directly to me (best to quote so it's clear). 

I'm not sure how clear I can be. I decided some months ago well before the Kelty nonsense etc that I will not be back at Caley Stadium if Scot Gardiner is there.

He's still there and the club refuse to say how long that will be for. I don't care if he's working his notice or not, that makes no difference to me. Gardiner should have been fired long ago for his utter incompetence but he's still around on his terms. The fact that the board have not apologised or taken any accountability for the mess we are in also speaks volumes and I see little to suggest things have changed.

I WANT to renew and go and support the team as I've done for 15 years. The club still make that impossible for me to do at this moment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 3

37 minutes ago, bigterrybutcher said:

Not only does the players whoever they end up being but also the management team need the support to ensure that they have a fair crk of the whip . The club needs the supporters to step up and be counted 

Y

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

I assume you're talking directly to me (best to quote so it's clear). 

I'm not sure how clear I can be. I decided some months ago well before the Kelty nonsense etc that I will not be back at Caley Stadium if Scot Gardiner is there.

He's still there and the club refuse to say how long that will be for. I don't care if he's working his notice or not, that makes no difference to me. Gardiner should have been fired long ago for his utter incompetence but he's still around on his terms. The fact that the board have not apologised or taken any accountability for the mess we are in also speaks volumes and I see little to suggest things have changed.

I WANT to renew and go and support the team as I've done for 15 years. The club still make that impossible for me to do at this moment. 

I was speaking to you apologies I'm new to this - I appreciate your concern I have dealt with Scot on a number of occasions in fact I'm still waiting on a thank you for stuff I done for him / and the club . Putting that to one side for a moment - Scot Gardiner does not play for the club , he wears a club tie - he doesn't have an effect on any results which were achieved over his tenure. His wheeling and dealing has left a lot be desired and his communication skills is through a young lad via the media department so it's very sparse at best . However the point I'm trying to make is Scot is not alone in making a **** up of this and his mannerisms are very poor . After all that that shouldn't stop anyone buying a ticket or mech , the money doesn't go into his pocket it goes to the club - he's getting paid his wage for as long as his notice period allows , that's not going to change If you buy a ticket or not the only people that's being hurt here is the clubs ability to put a good product on the park and to negotiate it's debtors.  If there was ever a time to support your team it's now . I do understand your reasons for not doing so I just don't agree with the logic... its like fuk ICT because of 1 man who's on his notice I just don't get it . 🔵🔴

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 5

1 hour ago, bigterrybutcher said:

I'm new to this

Welcome, and please keep contributing to the Forum.

Things do seem to be progressing and hopefully that will continue.

For me, the two key issues were Kelty and the club leadership. The first has been achieved, the second is well under way. Based on that I will be renewing my season ticket and getting behind the club.

I fully understand those who are waiting to see what happens next and I respect their viewpoint. I hope they feel able to come on board soon.

I also understand why the club is not publicly stating when SG is actually leaving. They could only do so with his agreement as they need to comply with GDPR regulations. This is different to most player contracts which are for a fixed term and, I suspect, players and their agents probably don’t get sticky on such things being known publicly.

It does sound like discussions with investors are going well. I feel it is important that these potential investors see that fans are getting behind the club again as they will have seen the strength of feeling and just how united fans have been in the Kelty and leadership issues, along with the growth in Supporters Trust membership and its increased profile in the media.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

41 minutes ago, Robert said:

It does sound like discussions with investors are going well. 

Playing devils advocate we are in reality being asked to take it on trust via a sparse statement there are potential investors.

A non negotiable before considering the purchase of a ST will be when the accounts are filed at Companies House. 

This would be a huge flag when 'pre ordering" in any other walk of life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigterrybutcher said:

I was speaking to you apologies I'm new to this - I appreciate your concern I have dealt with Scot on a number of occasions in fact I'm still waiting on a thank you for stuff I done for him / and the club . Putting that to one side for a moment - Scot Gardiner does not play for the club , he wears a club tie - he doesn't have an effect on any results which were achieved over his tenure. His wheeling and dealing has left a lot be desired and his communication skills is through a young lad via the media department so it's very sparse at best . However the point I'm trying to make is Scot is not alone in making a **** up of this and his mannerisms are very poor . After all that that shouldn't stop anyone buying a ticket or mech , the money doesn't go into his pocket it goes to the club - he's getting paid his wage for as long as his notice period allows , that's not going to change If you buy a ticket or not the only people that's being hurt here is the clubs ability to put a good product on the park and to negotiate it's debtors.  If there was ever a time to support your team it's now . I do understand your reasons for not doing so I just don't agree with the logic... its like fuk ICT because of 1 man who's on his notice I just don't get it . 🔵🔴

You do you man. I think it's kinda bizarre and naive to suggest the dictator, sorry CEO of an organisation for 5 years has no bearing in its results. Did they not have significant bearing on the appointments such as the snr management? They also set the tone for how the organisation treats it's partners and customers. 

Also somewhat odd to suggest that money I put into the club doesn't go into his pocket. That's literally what happens while he's still employed and I'd imagine he's the highest paid person there bar 'Dollar bills' Duncan. 

If you're happy with your decision and the recent statement, that's great. I won't stop supporting ICT but I'm tired of been taken for a mug and it's the only power I have. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 4

I suspect most season ticket holders do want to help the club. However, Kelty came out of the blue, Friday's season ticket announcement, completely out of the blue. This Board has over 5 years endorsed what Scot Gardiner has recommended or actions by him based on delegation they have allowed.  We currently do not trust them - Aaron's situation highlights this.

This week will possibly help settle the nerves. We will find out if Scot Kellacher and Ryan Essen are still employed.  We will hear from Duncan Ferguson. We will find out if Roddy MacGregor, Lewis Hyde and Mark Ridgers are on board. Is Jake Davidson back? What youngsters are on board.  In addition like any prudent investor we want to see the 2022/23 accounts finalised and submitted. On the assumption that much of this becomes clear or clearer and trustworthy I am sure season ticket sales will move forward and our enthusiasm to support the new team will emerge.

Happy to buy on Friday 21st if we see progress. 

• Like 2
  • Well Said 1

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

You do you man. I think it's kinda bizarre and naive to suggest the dictator, sorry CEO of an organisation for 5 years has no bearing in its results. Did they not have significant bearing on the appointments such as the snr management? They also set the tone for how the organisation treats it's partners and customers. 

Also somewhat odd to suggest that money I put into the club doesn't go into his pocket. That's literally what happens while he's still employed and I'd imagine he's the highest paid person there bar 'Dollar bills' Duncan. 

If you're happy with your decision and the recent statement, that's great. I won't stop supporting ICT but I'm tired of been taken for a mug and it's the only power I have. 

I honestly appreciate and understand your reasoning as I said I just don't agree with it . If SG was picking the team and was responsible for the performances on the park then yes I would agree with you however he's isn't big Dunk is, SG business dealings are from what I understand and read are poor and quite clearly there has been a lot of issues locally with businesses which quite frankly he deserves to be taken to task on . Indeed the handling of Billy Dodds and John Robertson by him was extremely poor . Whoever sanctioned Dunk to get 160k a year when Billy was getting 70k a year needs to be taken to task on as well as many other things . 

The point I was making was that IF the club are to be anywhere close to being successful this season the manager needs a budget that budget will no doubt come from what is taken in from ST and Merch while the new investment consolidates the debt to make it viable .

As I said I appreciate and understand your and others opinions its ur money not mine I just want the best Caley on the pitch to make us successful and there's only one way we do that and that's putting our hands in our pockets and investing in our club .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigterrybutcher said:

I honestly appreciate and understand your reasoning as I said I just don't agree with it . If SG was picking the team and was responsible for the performances on the park then yes I would agree with you however he's isn't big Dunk is, SG business dealings are from what I understand and read are poor and quite clearly there has been a lot of issues locally with businesses which quite frankly he deserves to be taken to task on . Indeed the handling of Billy Dodds and John Robertson by him was extremely poor . Whoever sanctioned Dunk to get 160k a year when Billy was getting 70k a year needs to be taken to task on as well as many other things . 

The point I was making was that IF the club are to be anywhere close to being successful this season the manager needs a budget that budget will no doubt come from what is taken in from ST and Merch while the new investment consolidates the debt to make it viable .

As I said I appreciate and understand your and others opinions its ur money not mine I just want the best Caley on the pitch to make us successful and there's only one way we do that and that's putting our hands in our pockets and investing in our club .

I don't think there's anything to be gained going back and forth with this. You feel SG hasn't had any influence as to what's been happening on the pitch and all we need to do is give the club more money. Got it.

Edited by Fraz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I don't think there's anything to be gained going back and forth with this. You feel SG hasn't had any influence as to what's been happening on the pitch and all we need to do is give the club more money. Got it.

I agree with @Fraz, you've had your say on more than one occasion and he's had his, move on.

What are you going to do, single out every poster and question why they don't want to renew their season ticket just now? There's lots, everyone has a valid reason.

I like to buy my bread at Asda, my wife likes to buy it at Tesco, in the end Mr Warburton gets his money. 

If fans buy now or buy later, the club still gets the money but for most it means SG doesn't if they wait. 

It's simple.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I agree with @Fraz, you've had your say on more than one occasion and he's had his, move on.

What are you going to do, single out every poster and question why they don't want to renew their season ticket just now? There's lots, everyone has a valid reason.

I like to buy my bread at Asda, my wife likes to buy it at Tesco, in the end Mr Warburton gets his money. 

If fans buy now or buy later, the club still gets the money but for most it means SG doesn't if they wait. 

It's simple.

Certainly not signalling anyone out - the lad replied to my post so I replied to his ..simple as that.  

Your philosophy about bread is exactly the point I was making SG will get his £ regardless .

Anyway here is hoping we have a decent product on the park which we can all get behind. Whether we like it or not folks gonna be here for a while yet 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

It's simple.

I don’t really care if people are holding back their money for season tickets, but this seems like really poor logic to me. Gardiner gets his money regardless. 

16 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

I don’t really care if people are holding back their money for season tickets, but this seems like really poor logic to me. Gardiner gets his money regardless. 

And as Steve Austin once remarked to me in Texas "Johndo, that's the bottom line cos bigterrybutcher said so!!"

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, bigterrybutcher said:

Certainly not signalling anyone out - the lad replied to my post so I replied to his ..simple as that.  

Your philosophy about bread is exactly the point I was making SG will get his £ regardless .

Anyway here is hoping we have a decent product on the park which we can all get behind. Whether we like it or not folks gonna be here for a while yet 

For me it's about who's bread he gets and I have spent next to nothing with the club for over a year now so he gets none of mine.

He was appointed by the board and some of them have put money in to cover his failures.  They now seem to want that money back and for financing of his wage to continue from our loaves.

What's more they could bleed the fans dry and we still end up in admin or worse.

I know and respect that others see it differently but we're being asked to trust people who have given us no reason to do so.  There's not even been any acknowledgement of accountability on their part.

A little contrition goes a long way in these situations.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Facepalm 1

Another key question - 'Has the Insolvency Practitioner been stood down?

I had not seen this in Wiki until now - 

In 2009 Ferguson pledged his support to the "Keep Everton in Our City" campaign, saying:

During my time at Everton, Goodison Park came to feel like a second home, with the supporters of the club, and the people of the city becoming a second family to me. If you were to take Everton out of the city, I firmly believe the club could no longer call itself the "People's Club" and I give my whole-hearted support to the campaign to keep Everton in the city.

We can now take it he will actually support 'Keep Inverness training close to or in our City. '

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

At the end of the day I think we all want the same (or a similar) outcome and that is to have ICTFC back on stable ground, challenging for promotion back to the Championship and ultimately, hoping to get back to the Premiership one day soon. How long it takes is anybody's guess, and we will all have different ideas about the route we take, the timing, the methodology and the personnel but for the most part we all agree on the desired outcome so that's good 🙂

I had someone who had not been on here for quite some time comment to me recently that the quality of the debate on here has risen quite substantially since the end of the season. I have to agree. We have had very little moderating to do. There have been a lot of passionate discussions, and although there have been differences of opinion about the minutiae and the timing, the dire nature of our predicament has - I think - seen fans all pull in the same direction or conduct themselves in a mature measured manner in discussions. Long may that continue. I also love the increased profile that both TWS and the Supporter's Trust has managed during this time. The podcast quality and content has been excellent and very professional, rivalling that of so-called knowledgeable football pundits who do this for a living, and the Trust has really stepped up to provide a leadership umbrella for various groups of supporters who on their own might have no impact on the club. These are definitely positives from this negative situation.  

Personally, I usually only buy merchandise in-person, when home on a trip, so me not buying merchandise this month or next month has no effect. I also don't maintain a season ticket so no effect there either. Our biggest input here on CTO is in sponsoring one or more players for the last 20+ years with 2023/24 season being the first season since the 90s that we have not done so. I think I have heard enough now to say we will look to reinstate that sponsorship in 2024/25 provided the leadership situation is resolved to our satisfaction. It's headed that way, so we are prepared to take that leap of faith, I think. Watch out for the sponsorship thread coming soon....   

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 11

It has been good on here the last few months with some new posters and also those that had not been on for a while contributing with some excellent posts and even dougal throwing in a grenade now and again :lol:

• Like 2

I think we all want to get back to giving our usual financial support to the club and, for those who can afford it, perhaps a little bit more to help the club get back on track.  It is all a question of timing and trust.  None of us wants to shell out a significant sum of money only to see the club fall into administration.  Nor do we want to see an outcome which sees broadly the same regime in charge.

The last club statement and the subsequent one from the Supporters Trust gave grounds for considerable optimism.  I would assume that the Trust is involved in some level of dialogue behind the scenes and has been given sufficient information to allow it to word their statement as they did.  Some will have acted on this and purchased their season tickets but others feel more assurances are required before they part with their money.  There are, perhaps 3 key issues.

1. The CEO's position.  His resignation has been accepted but he has been asked to work his notice, the length of which is confidential.  Of course, the CEO himself could easily agree to make that information public for the sake of clarity.  People can draw their own conclusions on why the information has not been made public.  Rightly or wrongly, a large number of fans have so little trust in the CEO that they will not believe he is going until is actually gone.  His actual departure will be followed by a significant influx of funds for the club and therefore those working behind the scenes should be taking steps to ensure those tasks which they seemingly need his knowledge and experience for are completed as soon as possible.  If the CEO genuinely wants to do the best for the club, he will then go and a statement will be released to that effect.
  2. The accounts.  This will (or should) take longer.  I assume the accounts cannot be submitted until the auditors are satisfied the club is a going concern.  That, in turn, cannot be demonstrated until a new Board is in place and has costed out its new football model and financial plan.  In this context the extent to which existing Board members and the former Chairman are willing to write off their loans will be crucial.  It would be helpful to everyone if they were to make their position on this public ASAP.
  3. The manager.  We have been told Ferguson remains the manager and has accepted a wage cut.  However, we have heard absolutely nothing from him.  His style of play and his failure to make use of home grown talent last season has not endeared him to fans.  Given that local lads are likely to make up the bulk of the squad next year, it would seem that he is not a good fit for the club going forward.  His departure by mutual consent and his replacement by one of the very capable coaching staff at the club would be better for the club in both a financial and footballing sense.  

The start of the new season is now less than a month away.  I appreciate that any potential new leadership and investors will need time to assess the situation in order to assure themselves that they want to be involved at all, and then to negotiate and implement the change.  But time is ticking.  The Club's welcome statement on Friday referred to "hugely positive discussions currently ongoing with a number of potential new investors".  This would suggest that change is imminent, but as yet, only Ross Morrison has left and nobody new has arrived.  Given the recent history of false promises and poor communication, people can be forgiven for being sceptical and for withholding their hard-earned money until they have proof of real change.  Following on from Friday's statement, we need to have regular updates to inform fans on progress on the various issues.  The club needs to earn the trust of fans - and the time to earn it is now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 10
  • Thoughtful 1

Another excellent and articulate piece from Doofers Dad. I agree with every point he makes and look forward to hearing from the club asap

• Agree 5
  • Thank You 1