FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mcswegan (and others) released

Scotty

According to Teamtalk.com Gary McSwegan (FWD), Stuart Soane (MID) and Jonathan Smith (GK) have been released as Charlie begins his rebuilding for next season ..... CLICK.

Meanwhile .... Dargo has stated that he has not made any decision despite the talk of him going to loads of other places. CLICK

Not so fussed about McSwegan's departure to be honest, I never agreed with the decision to sign him anyway.

Quite disappointed about Johno Smith though, as he was a mate of mine in school and had plenty of potential. Although not the tallest of guys, he was great between the sticks. Didn't see much of Soane, but as the above report states, we have plenty of depth in midfield so there's no use in him going to waste here. Good luck to them all.

assume form that we'll be bringing in a new young forward, defender and keeper.  maybe ridgers will stay now?

GK = Ridgers (currently on loan to us) ?

Defender = Duff (promoted from U19s a few weeks ago) ?

Forward = Buchanan (Cowdenbeath) ?

I was under the impression that he had been released at new year - the deal that brought Ridgers here on loan was reported to include the 'transfer' of Smith on a free .... but that could be the media getting it slightly wrong, especially as he is still listed on the official site as #27

Smith and McSwegan were expected, I'd heard good things about Soane though but as Beatinio said perhaps it comes down to how much cover we have in that area already.  Best of luck to them anyway.

McSwegan player/manager at county anyone??

assume form that we'll be bringing in a new young forward, defender and keeper.  maybe ridgers will stay now?

CC said during his interview that was looking to sign experienced players, aint much there Scotty...    i heard that he was looking at an experienced keeper from within the SPL, Is Mike not impressing him?

I am surprised we haven't seen Guy Kerr promoted to the first team squad yet, he has a lot of experience in the reserves and was involved in the Scotand set up a few years back.  Same with Ian Vigurs.

I am surprised we haven't seen Guy Kerr promoted to the first team squad yet, he has a lot of experience in the reserves and was involved in the Scotand set up a few years back.  Same with Ian Vigurs.

He's is just not good enough. Jamie Duff is a far better player and is now ahead of him in the pecking order. Difficult to see where CC can accomodate Vigurs having so many midfield options.

Accoring to todays courier, Wood, Vigurs and Kerr have all been added to the first team squad.  :clapping03: hope they get their chance in the first team because what ive seen of them in the reserves they all have been quite impressive

Accoring to todays courier, Wood, Vigurs and Kerr have all been added to the first team squad.  :clapping03: hope they get their chance in the first team because what ive seen of them in the reserves they all have been quite impressive

Good luck to them. Sutherland, Smith & Soane were in the same boat last year and only Zander has played more than once!!

it seems like a better bunch of players have cme through compared 2 last year.bt CC is 2 scared 2 play youth.he should play them in the last 2 games.we have nothing play for.and won't next season.unless its relegation.

I don't think he's scared more reluctant to play youth whilst we are trying to get a higher league position.

Unfortunately that means our younger players rarely get a chance although I'm not sure they'd be any worse than some of our regulars who haven't exatly been firing on all cylinders of late.

I have to admit I am beginning to wonder what Zander has to do to get a run out

Especially when his own manager says that he will give him a chance...

...then doesn't.

CC said during his interview that was looking to sign experienced players, aint much there Scotty...    i heard that he was looking at an experienced keeper from within the SPL, Is Mike not impressing him?

Stillie??