FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers at it?

SMEE

I see Rangers are alleging that two of their players were subject to racial taunts last night. Call me cynical.............but i think this is an attempt to re-direct all the recent negative focus on their problems with fans and appear as the victims.

I never thought I would ever type these words, but I support Rangers 100% on this matter.

The fact that they have their own well documented problems with sectarianism is no reason to brush off legitimate complaints about racism from other opponents nor should it mean that other teams can get away with it. If Beasley or other players have been subjected to racist abuse then UEFA have to deal with it in as strong a manner as they will hopefully deal with Rangers (and any other teams) when they show their sectarian leanings.

I dont agree wi racist taunts in any way shape or form. But it must have been isolated instances as i certainly never heard any big orchostrated outbursts from the Zeta fans whilst watching the game.

Put yourself in the place of the players in question. It is irrelevant whether they play for Rangers or Wick. They are entitled to as much respect as anyone going into any workplace. There should be no place in society for racism or sectarianism and both are condemned in Scotland. Rangers had a right to complain in Montenegro.