FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewster for me, and sooner rather than later. The transfer window closes in 11 days and we'd need him registered as a player and maybe bring in a new face or 2 by then.

Brewster is the man to get us out of the shyte by getting the players fit and organised.

If Brewster was to take the position I doubt very much whether he would register as a player.

Newspapers and TV will list all the same old favourites as they do any time a vacancy arises. Personally I doubt if Pele would take the job. Robbo would cost us too much in compensation.

If Donald Park was to stay in his present capacity then I'd maybe suggest his Fort William buddy alongside him......Duncan Shearer. However, if he could be persuaded I honestly believe Bobby Wilson could do the job.

Jimmy Calderwood said that he will not stand in the way if Brewster wants to become the new ICT manager.

At 41, this will be a big decision for Craig. Does he either see out his Aberdeen contract and by that time ICT will have a new manager or take the ICT job now. I really hope that Brewster does come back even though some people on the forums think otherwise.  Robbo and Pele  haven't acheived much since they left ICT. Saying that, neither has CB but Dundee Utd were a disaster even before he went and was clearly a tough nut to crack for Craig. IMO i don't think Robo and Pele are fit to manage Caley now although I am not denying that they are good managers which indeed they are I just don't think they will bring us forward.

I have high hopes for Brewster and will be delighted if he is unveiled as the new manager of ICT.

Jimmy Calderwood said that he will not stand in the way if Brewster wants to become the new ICT manager.

At 41, this will be a big decision for Craig. Does he either see out his Aberdeen contract and by that time ICT will have a new manager or take the ICT job now. I really hope that Brewster does come back even though some people on the forums think otherwise.  Robbo and Pele  haven't acheived much since they left ICT. Saying that, neither has CB but Dundee Utd were a disaster even before he went and was clearly a tough nut to crack for Craig. IMO i don't think Robo and Pele are fit to manage Caley now although I am not denying that they are good managers which indeed they are I just don't think they will bring us forward.

I have high hopes for Brewster and will be delighted if he is unveiled as the new manager of ICT.

OK why do you think Brewster is the man for the job? You must have reasons? Do you not remember the dull football we played under him??

I don't normally play these guessing games, but Bobby Mann as fitness coach sounds about right to me.

For what it's worth, I believe Brewster would be a good appointment, forget the bitterness and get on with it, he has hopefully learned that his single minded arrogance will cut no mustard up here and with the right guidance we could be on track for safety before long. He is aloof, yes thats aloof, but that gives him the edge over lesser guys as he would be immune to all the bile that gets spouted on here.

I am themann4thejob and so is Brewster. :021:

It wasn't all dull, we licked the Hibees a couple of times did we not.

Robbo can be counted out of the running because David Sutherland ruled him out last time, and even though Sutherland is no longer Chairman, his view will prevail.

It will be interesting to what candidates emerge.  From the names mentionesd here, I give the thumbs down to: Malpas, Cooper and Alexander.

I'm coming round to the possibilty of Brewster, as he could be put in post quickly; he knows the players and the league.  He will also be hungry after his United experience and have a point to prove.

HAVE BEEN RELIABLY INFORMED THAT BREWSTER WILL BE UNVAILED AS THE NEW MANAGER ON WEDNESDAY. 

bit early to be appointing someone is it not??  wud definatley like to see neil warnock in charge.

I bet Brewster would just love to be in charge of ICT especially when we are playing Dundee United this week!  Payback time, maybe?

OK why do you think Brewster is the man for the job? You must have reasons? Do you not remember the dull football we played under him??

I wouldn't exactly call it "dull" football. Some performances were shaky, others were good. I thought the player's fitness levels were better under Craig Brewster and the players weren't so tired in the final third like they seemed to be under CC. Lets remind ourselves here that we aren't Rangers or Celtic, we haven't got any pressure about winning trophies and that is what happened last season when we got off to a brilliant start. We became victims of our own success and I think that is partially one of the reasons why CC found the pressure was too much. I thought Craig did a solid job at Caley. His tactics q were good, morale was high and although i have always respected Charlie, there was just something missing from him which Craig had.  I can't see too many positives which other managers would bring, such as Robbo, Pele or Malpas. I think Craig should be given another shot but that is just my opinion.

Actually it was Peter Davidson I believe that was fitness coach. Well thats who i signed back in football manager from dundee utd!!!!

i think it could be owen coyle or back to brewster, just my view though. sure more names will crop up tomorrow and wednesday. is barry wilson to young?? the stv news interviewed him and he certainly sounded a little interested. it is on the stv website.

Actually it was Peter Davidson I believe that was fitness coach.

Yes, you are correct, my mistake, it was indeed Peter - knew it was one of the team he took with him to DUFC and Malky's name magically appeared on screen for some reason !!!

Just been listening to Kevin MacDonald on Sky Sports News standing in for Staunton.  Always wondered how he'd handle the ICT job but I can't really see him jacking his gigs with Villa and the Republic to come home to the sneck. Doubt he'd take the pay cut to be honest.  

Maybe brother Jeff could make up the diffeence.

I've mixed emotions regarding Brewster but he'd be head and shoulders ahead of most of the plums quoted on here. :029:

Guest Arab4Ever

I bet Brewster would just love to be in charge of ICT especially when we are playing Dundee United this week!   Payback time, maybe?

Brew loves United, in fact so much he skied one over the bar in the last minute of a relegation decider and there was even the hint of a wee smile at the utd support afterwords.

Brew may have been a United fan but I doubt whether he has any love for the grocer. And he still has his house in Inverness so I suppose he could come in at the drop of a hat. I do however, feel that its a backward step to bring anyone back for another term.

Quite simply, I think we would avoid relegation with Brewster in charge and that has to be the immediate priority. I don't think Gretna are going to be the pushovers that many predicted and we need to get the team sorted and get some points on the board pronto, otherwise we'll be chasing the pack a la Dunfermline last season, and we all know how that panned out.

Neil Warnock, or 'COLIN' as he is affectionally known to the Wednesday fans, would be an interesting choice though. Have to agree that the touchline spats between him and Strachan would be worth the admission money alone!

Guest only way is up-hopefully

Neil Warnock would be a fantastic signing but is he up for it after what happended to him last season he seemed to be sickened by it all. Also as someone else has mentioned is wages would very likely be beyond our means.

It is surely going to come down to who is both affordable and available and that probably means Brewster.

Would it be such a bad appointment? He failed at United but they were such a shambles when he went there I am not sure anyone could have sorted them out in the time he was given.

Guest TheSmiddy

Surprised Paul Sturrock has not had a mention, he has stated before that he would like to return to Scotland.  Would love to see Pele back in the job, but to be honest with myself it wouldn't be like the old days, we wouldn't win many games 6-2 in the SPL.  Not sure if Brew or Robbo deserve another chance.  Agree that Malpas has done sod all at Motherwell, Alexander is too dangerous and Craig Brown is uninspiring.  Most good bosses are in jobs at the moment so we don't have many options to be honest.  I can see a face from the past returning, probably Brew.

Neil Warnock's name was mentioned on the radio this morning - I wonder if they get there info from this website  :003:

Owne Coyle is my suggestion. Maybe he can bring that tall dude as well - Kevin James??