FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Support the Board

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RichAss  and the Icelandichomo are evidently feckin plants.

The Board have brought this club to where it is today and preserved it and always had my backing. But this fiasco is a total feckin disgrace. They have misled the fan base.

Loved the wee slip by the Icelandic fake - "The board are made up of human beings. WE make mistakes...

To which Kissmaass applauds.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This absolutely STINKS.

I thought you were on about me then as i have an icelandic flag avatar wondering when the **** did i post in this thread until i saw the "gudjohnsen" name  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

To keep on topic :001: My current feelings on the board are mixed, I am trying to stay level headed reading through all the posts, some of the things make sense and that I must admit have made me question things this week about the way they have gone about their business, I really would like to give them my support I dont think the club need this...But i think i need a lot of convincing that they are the right men for the board to carry this club forward.

I am going to write a thesis about this. It is the perfect example of individuals trying (pathetically) to exercise the psychology of obedience and power - especially expert and reference power. The bottom line is that they feel that they are the experts and we, the mere dumb nomarks, should respect them and unconditionally trust them. What they have done with this craas attempt is to deride themselves further.

Expert power results from experience or education.  Those individuals with more knowledge tend to have more power in situations where that knowledge is important.  For instance, the physician will have more power in a medical emergency than the plumber.  But, when the pipes explode and the house is being flooded, the physician is not the person to call.  Finally, referent power refers to admiration or respect.  When we look up to people because of their accomplishments, their attitude, or any other personal attribute, we tend to give them more power over us.  Imagine being asked to do something by your "hero" or your favorite movie star; we are very likely to comply out of admiration or respect.

:023: NOT  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But getting pack to the title of the thread, could the cynics please tell me when ourboard have ever let us down - from taking risks on Paterson, Robertson, brewster and Christie, to groundsharing at Pittodrie, getting the stands built, making a profit 3 years in a row.....

Well said Yngwie.  I join you as one of the few who don't think the Board has done a bad job.  Even though Brew was not my own choice, I don't think they had a lot of choice.  Warnock (as I've said on other threads) was never a realistic possibility (and certainly not my choice ) leaving Owen Coyle (largely untried and surely a bigger risk than Brew).  So Brew virtually picked himself in my view, unless the board were prepared to take longer over the appointment and widen the shortlist 

I just wanted to see this contribution, which I'm quite sure has come from one of our directors, displayed at the top of a post once again, in an attempt to ensure that more of the Caley online internutters can see for themselves, the calibre of some of those who are involved in the running of this football club.... The so called "qualified and experienced men"

Who the F do they think they are...?

Quote....

Our Vice-Chairman, Graham Bennett, has been 110% behind ICT from day one. Taking the person opinions of him as an individual aside, if we look at the positives -

1. When  the other managers over the years have left the club over the years, usually for a bigger salary, he has been here, carrying on with business as usual. No mean task, in particular with something as emmotive and passionate as football.

2. Alan Savage knows exactly what he is doing, afterall, his background is personnel and he has a proven record of making the right choices.

3. Do we think for one minute that the Board have NOT considered all the options? They know that, initially, one of the hardest parts of the recruitment process is to sell the Highlands and the transport logistics. They are fully aware of the risk of going back and also the risk of 'picking a Wild Card'

4. The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

5. Finally, it is was hard for CC to leave, knowing he would be under the spotlight for atleast a couple of weeks. AND, I think it is also very difficult for Brewster to through his hat back in the ring. Afterall, he knows more than anyone the fans will have their reservations. I am sure that his stint at DUFC and at Aberdeen will have wisened him.

Lets support the choice made by qualified and experienced men.  

Yeap - A thought-provoking post from a qualified and experienced man....

:029:

But getting pack to the title of the thread, could the cynics please tell me when ourboard have ever let us down - from taking risks on Paterson, Robertson, brewster and Christie, to groundsharing at Pittodrie, getting the stands built, making a profit 3 years in a row.....

Well said Yngwie.  I join you as one of the few who don't think the Board has done a bad job.  Even though Brew was not my own choice, I don't think they had a lot of choice.  Warnock (as I've said on other threads) was never a realistic possibility (and certainly not my choice ) leaving Owen Coyle (largely untried and surely a bigger risk than Brew).  So Brew virtually picked himself in my view, unless the board were prepared to take longer over the appointment and widen the shortlist 

Yep! But not 'the few'... :025:

This qualified and experienced man comes on here to spout this pathetic drivel, in an attempt to justify the board's actions, and yet hides behind the anonimity of a feckin pseudonym....

I just wanted to see this contribution, which I'm quite sure has come from one of our directors, displayed at the top of a post once again, in an attempt to ensure that more of the Caley online internutters can see for themselves, the calibre of some of those who are involved in the running of this football club.... The so called "qualified and experienced men"

Who the F do they think they are...?

Quote....

Our Vice-Chairman, Graham Bennett, has been 110% behind ICT from day one. Taking the person opinions of him as an individual aside, if we look at the positives -

1. When  the other managers over the years have left the club over the years, usually for a bigger salary, he has been here, carrying on with business as usual. No mean task, in particular with something as emmotive and passionate as football.

2. Alan Savage knows exactly what he is doing, afterall, his background is personnel and he has a proven record of making the right choices.

3. Do we think for one minute that the Board have NOT considered all the options? They know that, initially, one of the hardest parts of the recruitment process is to sell the Highlands and the transport logistics. They are fully aware of the risk of going back and also the risk of 'picking a Wild Card'

4. The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

5. Finally, it is was hard for CC to leave, knowing he would be under the spotlight for atleast a couple of weeks. AND, I think it is also very difficult for Brewster to through his hat back in the ring. Afterall, he knows more than anyone the fans will have their reservations. I am sure that his stint at DUFC and at Aberdeen will have wisened him.

Yeap - A thought-provoking post from a qualified and experienced man....

:029:

Transport and remoteness of location were once a problem for business in Inverness but that was partially resolved by the opening of the Caleonian Canal and more or less ceased to be  factor wth the arrival of the railways in the 1860s.

I was awaare that our club were a little behind the times but didn't relalise it was that serious.

My name and/or identity are no big secret - there are several regular posters on here who know who I am, and where I live....

The point is - I'm just a supporter of ICT - the contribution at the top of this thread  from "iloveeidurgudjohnsen" obviously comes from someone on the board of directors.... someone with some say in the running of the club...

If he believes what he says, why can't he put his name to that contribution, instead of hiding behind the mask of a pseudonym.

John Reid

Guest sophia

Grammar aside I?ve got at least one gripe with particular Q&E person.

You cannot be serious Charles....

Quote....

The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

Not initiated by anyone on the board..?

If not - why can he/she not come clean and reveal his/her identity..?

Quote....

The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

Trained chimps? Good heavens... :rotflmao:

Well, anyway, we know it can't be Charles because the grammar and spelling is not up to IRA standards. Or should I have said "are" instead of "is" Charles---I am a little confused, I'm only a Pimple ... :016:

But anyway (2) what do YOU think of this Brewster  appointment Charles? And the shenanigans?

I am sure that we will get an even-handed, cool appraisal from you, not overly theatrical or biased one way or another....eh?  :023: