FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Look on the bright side

Gringo

Life in the SFL eh...

No OF bigotry.

No sitting in the 'home' end at TCS next to an OF supporter.

Cheaper to watch.

No fixtures being moved for TV.

Pay at the gate.

Better, more exciting, league.

No stupid split.

A whole season's fixture list (ideal for Highland March planning!!!)

Better banter on the away days.

:tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :024: :023:

Not giving up Buckett...will always be ICT through thick and thin....good times, bad times (there's a song there somewhere eh TM4TJ  :004:) 

We've had the ten year rise...now for the fall....it happens to all teams, well almost all (Look at Leeds...second thoughts maybe best not) It's just that I'm kinda missing the the ol' SFL, trouble free, stress free, bigot free, life... :023:

As my dear friend Ken Dodd once said to me : Tears have been my only consolation, but tears can't mend a broken heart I must confess "Let's forgive and forget, turn our tears of regret once more to tears of happiness".

Happiness, happiness, the greatest gift that I possess, I thank the lord, that possess more than my share of happiness

So its tatty bye to Charlie Christie and lets all say how tickled we are to greet the tattyfilarious Craig Brewster. And may I suggest that Easter Road becomes a "Ken Dodd" day, we all gather together our red, white, blue and black tickling sticks, gel up our hair - well some of us - get the appropriate false teeth - well some of us already have them - and have a feckin good laff.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

wd1723096dodd-8-sl-10.jpg

Other plus points

Some fresh new opposition

A winning season (even if we don't come straight back up)

Useless refs (sometimes in our favour :023:)

No longer the diddyest of diddys.

The Bells cup (or whatever its called now)

Cheaper season tickets (I would presume)

Stuffing partick and livi

However I am a million miles from saying die just yet, remember a win on saturday could in theory take us to 8th :003:

the best way to judge a league is on how the experience for the fan is... i like the spl because traveling around the cities in scotland is a piece of p1sh, you have the choice of any pubs/food you want everywhere and you get to watch your team infront of big crowds at excellent stadiums, its superior.  also the banter with spl fans is far superior to that of the first, no question about it, theyre mature football fans who have seen it all, the downside is the old firm.  even then, being in the spl makes me proud of my club in a way that isnt possible in the first, OF fans might be diddys, know hee-haw about football and still spout sh1t but the fact we're in the spl just makes it oh so easy to look them in the eye and tell them where to get off.  the idealists amongst us will tell you that i have the same right as a fan of a first division team, but we all know theres a difference.  just being a fan of an spl team from inverness makes me a prouder person, when somebody asks me who i support i dont have to 'explain' im an inverness fan, i just come out with it and dont expect 'theyre doing ok just now arent they?' or similar patronising bullsh1t,  there are no questions.  the spls media coverage means that everybody in scotland has a rough idea about who are players are and what we're about

on the footballing side we'd never sign a guy like nicolae in the first, or even a guy like rankin or cowie,  the games are slower and not as competitive, no matter what anybody says they really arent as much of a fight as the top flight.  it would be impossible for me to get anywhere near as excited about finishing 4th in the first division as finishing 9th in the spl this year EVER could.  being part of a league with european places and having expectations in cup games is excellent, even if we dont get there we will always have a say in who does what.  for me theres a closer connection now with the wider world of european football than i ever thought id feel as an ict fan

you know the towns the spl teams play in is the biggest one for me, compare the ease and enjoyment of going to a game in aberdeem, dundee, edinburgh, glasgow, paisley etc to cumbernauld, hamilton, stirling, greenock, dunfries, perth or cumbernauld !  most of the first division stadiums are empty out of town efforts, this year they arent doing too bad with dens and east end in the league but thats two decent away days from 10. (i didnt even mention livi above).

the purists will again bring up their oh so funny days out to dumfries when this or that hilarious site was spotted on the way down, but its actually a crap trip... two hours on a train to pittodrie, straight to a couple of pubs from the train for some food, beer, gambling etc may not have the quirky 'novelty' factor the old internutters used to live off but its a **** of alot more enjoyable in the real world

also those who claim that the first is alright to play in, dont you think youre being a wee bit insulting to the likes of pele, robbo, the players and especially to the likes of david sutherland?  who all worked and spent their f#cking arses off to give YOU the experience of playing in the top flight of scottish football?  saying the alternative is alright is a real inexcusable slap... no f#ck it, PUNCH in the face to all of them, why the **** should they have bothered?

i for one would be totally f#cking gutted to suffer relegation, its painful to admit but it will happen one day as it does to every club, i just hope the rides not over for a long time yet

this is my last word on the matter!!

the best way to judge a league is on how the experience for the fan is... i like the spl because traveling around the cities in scotland is a piece of p1sh, you have the choice of any pubs/food you want everywhere and you get to watch your team infront of big crowds at excellent stadiums, its superior.  also the banter with spl fans is far superior to that of the first, no question about it, theyre mature football fans who have seen it all, the downside is the old firm.  even then, being in the spl makes me proud of my club in a way that isnt possible in the first, OF fans might be diddys, know hee-haw about football and still spout sh1t but the fact we're in the spl just makes it oh so easy to look them in the eye and tell them where to get off.  the idealists amongst us will tell you that i have the same right as a fan of a first division team, but we all know theres a difference.  just being a fan of an spl team from inverness makes me a prouder person, when somebody asks me who i support i dont have to 'explain' im an inverness fan, i just come out with it and dont expect 'theyre doing ok just now arent they?' or similar patronising bullsh1t,  there are no questions.  the spls media coverage means that everybody in scotland has a rough idea about who are players are and what we're about

on the footballing side we'd never sign a guy like nicolae in the first, or even a guy like rankin or cowie,  the games are slower and not as competitive, no matter what anybody says they really arent as much of a fight as the top flight.  it would be impossible for me to get anywhere near as excited about finishing 4th in the first division as finishing 9th in the spl this year EVER could.  being part of a league with european places and having expectations in cup games is excellent, even if we dont get there we will always have a say in who does what.  for me theres a closer connection now with the wider world of european football than i ever thought id feel as an ict fan

you know the towns the spl teams play in is the biggest one for me, compare the ease and enjoyment of going to a game in aberdeem, dundee, edinburgh, glasgow, paisley etc to cumbernauld, hamilton, stirling, greenock, dunfries, perth or cumbernauld !  most of the first division stadiums are empty out of town efforts, this year they arent doing too bad with dens and east end in the league but thats two decent away days from 10. (i didnt even mention livi above).

the purists will again bring up their oh so funny days out to dumfries when this or that hilarious site was spotted on the way down, but its actually a crap trip... two hours on a train to pittodrie, straight to a couple of pubs from the train for some food, beer, gambling etc may not have the quirky 'novelty' factor the old internutters used to live off but its a **** of alot more enjoyable in the real world

also those who claim that the first is alright to play in, dont you think youre being a wee bit insulting to the likes of pele, robbo, the players and especially to the likes of david sutherland?  who all worked and spent their f#cking arses off to give YOU the experience of playing in the top flight of scottish football?  saying the alternative is alright is a real inexcusable slap... no f#ck it, PUNCH in the face to all of them, why the **** should they have bothered?

i for one would be totally f#cking gutted to suffer relegation, its painful to admit but it will happen one day as it does to every club, i just hope the rides not over for a long time yet

this is my last word on the matter!!

Clacher, we were just mucking about, do you honestly believe that anyone involved with Inverness Caledonian Thistle would not be completely devestated to be relegated after all our years of hard work to get to the top of the top in Scotland. The spl isnt the top league for nothing, it genuinely is the best league to compete in. Trust me, there will be alot of tears should we go down, however, 4 games in to the season, a new manager on the way, and 4 other teams only one win apart from us, I still genuinely believe that it will be spl football in inverness next season.

...also those who claim that the first is alright to play in, dont you think youre being a wee bit insulting to the likes of pele, robbo, the players and especially to the likes of david sutherland?  who all worked and spent their f#cking arses off to give YOU the experience of playing in the top flight of scottish football?  saying the alternative is alright is a real inexcusable slap... no f#ck it, PUNCH in the face to all of them, why the **** should they have bothered?i

Jeez Clacher H2...it was only posted for relief from all this pro/anti Brewster stuff that's hit the message board and was done with loads of those  :tic01: doodah's. And there's not a lot wrong with Dumfries and Perth...erm...ok, I'll give you Cumbernauld and Greenock  :001: I've never been to Hamilton so can't comment. (Blimey, Hamilton eh, I could that ground in my book... :023:)