FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Deja Brew

Scotty

We have all had a weekend to mull things over, we got gubbed on Saturday, we looked like a team without direction, so now that the dust has settled and Craig Brewster is finally confirmed as the new manager I think we need to get behind him.

As I have posted in other threads, I do not believe that Craig is necessarily the right choice (based on his record, nothing else) but the plain and simple fact is that he is now the manager and like it or not he is the man that will try to lead us forward in weeks and months (or even years) to come.

I have done a lot of soul searching over the weekend and although I have been very vociferous on this subject, and dont think what I posted was wrong, my love for ICT has won through in the end and I have decided that I will give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind both him and the team. To do otherwise would help no-one but our opponents.

As for the board, I accept what others have said about them never having got it wrong before as that has always been my view too so I will support this appointment until or unless it is proved to be wrong. I continue to have issues with certain things I have heard over the past week but I will swallow those for now because of their previous exemplary record.

So bottom line from me now (however reluctantly) is ... Lets get behind Brewster, get behind the team and get behind the club because without that togetherness we will be candidates for relegation and preventing that is more important to me than holding a grudge.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I echo what Scotty has said word for word.

To describe this last week as a roller coaster of emotion is to put it mildly.  I was angry at the way many things have been done since last Saturday, and although not much has changed in my opinions, it is time to set them aside for now.  There is a time and a place for other things to be dealt with but above all else we cannot let our support of the team dwindle or be tainted by events of this last week...that is where our power as fans truly lies.

I still think we should have appointed my Granny Murray as manager. However, I suppose this will leave her with more time to get on with knitting so...... come on ICT and ah, um, eh, Craig eh Brewster!

another little bit of humour - although it wasnt intended to be - came from the Chester City site who published this story today about Bobby Williamson being linked with the ICT job.

"...... Williamson has been linked with the vacancy at Donald Park after Charlie Christie stepped down with Thistle losing their first three games of the SPL season. Along with Neil Warnock, Owen Coyle and former boss Craig Brewster, Williamson is thought to be high on the list of candidates for the Scottish outfit......"    [LINK]

If you think back to the day before we suspected that Brew might be leaving ICT for Dundee United, most, I'm sure, would agree that they were happy with Brew as manager at that point in time (OK - maybe some of us might not have been keen on substitutions not being being made until the 88th minute of a game - but that apart).

I just hope we can all turn the clock back to then and get 100% behind our old/new manager.

another little bit of humour - although it wasnt intended to be - came from the Chester City site who published this story today about Bobby Williamson being linked with the ICT job.

"...... Williamson has been linked with the vacancy at Donald Park after Charlie Christie stepped down with Thistle losing their first three games of the SPL season. Along with Neil Warnock, Owen Coyle and former boss Craig Brewster, Williamson is thought to be high on the list of candidates for the Scottish outfit......"    [LINK]

Thanks to Brew our board were spared having to make an agonising choice between Neil Warnock and Blobby.....  :023:

I continue to have reservations about this appointment and the manner in which it was made but we're all ICT fan and should give our wholehearted backing to the team and our new manager.

I'd like nothing better than for Craig Brewster to prove me wrong and be a resounding success in his second stint as managr.

Well with a limited choice I suppose we had no other options, and do you really believe Neil Warnock was approached. So where do you obtain shares  in ICT??? serious question as they are not quoted

They are not quoted on any exchange but there are a significant number of shares available that were never taken up in recent share issues. I believe you need to contact the club to do so.

lets get behind him .....

You have to get behind someone to stab them in the back  :014:

Ach well, I'm with kingsmills on this one, not a fan of the man but definitely a fan of the club so I guess it comes to the same thing. Please Brew, no more boring one-dimensional crepe if we can help it (not that we've been treated to a feast at home for quite some time). I know results are paramount just now but, if you get us out of this hole, could we maybe see the team playing with a little style? Like we saw during the first half on Saturday...  :019:

'Mon the Caley Jags  :021:

I can't wait till the game tomorrow, I feel Brew will try extremly hard to win us over. I feel that any man with a brain will recognise that fans will be hostile to a former manager returning, particularly one who left in such contraversial circumstances. I feel he could do well up front as a player and get us more goals.