FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HEAVY HANDED STREWARDING FOR A CHANGE

jamie ictfc

if bald head and beer belly means mature , i guess i've finally grown up :019:

Feck me - what an identikit description.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: But some people never grow up.  :001:

And a good post Proctor - and I too hope that the old gits on this forum do not view us as being yobs.

Can we not get some formal statement on the "rules" of the Singing Section ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fat diddy tht told was pushin the 13 year old boy about was [NAME REMOVED] he thn wnt over and got two police officer n the male 1 came over to the signing section

and removed 1 person  out of 20 to 30 ppl this boy was the 1 who got removed last time n thn after he was taken away the police man was hold the young man by  the hood up aside the barrier thn 5 young men were thrown out at first thn 15 more followed 1 of which was goin back to his seat . thn whn the brother of the arrested man asked to tlk to him he was told to get lost and thn the older brother was put in the van and taken away.

GET RID OF ROCKSTEADY BUT NO BIG DAVE

33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33

The singin Section was roughly half full of fans, most of whom stood for most of the game. A stewerd appeared approximatly 65 minutes into the game and stood at the front of the sand, I thought he was telling people to sit down. I may have been wrong,

A section of the stand did chant derogatory chants at the stewerd, the police came and ejected somsone, a group of the fans left in protest.  I may be wrong here but the same stewerd was exchanging banter with some people in the satnd, encouraging us to sing just before the end of the game.

This is my account of last nights events, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am.

Sounds pretty similar to what I have been told by someone else who is well aware of the events. Basically, fans were spotted on the wall and a steward was sent to ask them to get off because it was a safety hazard. At the same time, the steward was told to ask fans who were standing to sit down as that is the rules. (as you say, it was not enforced with a rod of iron throughout the rest of the game so it wasnt really confrontational).

As you posted, the steward was then subjected to chanting that included loads of swearing and a senior police officer then came over. It was the policeman who decided that it had gone far enough and had the person arrested for "persistent and sustained foul and abusive language" which is covered as breach of the peace. The club have no control over the police who make their own decisions to arrest (or not).

Guest Glen Mhor

It's far too easy to forget that ICT is in the entertainment business and if young fans (or any fans for that matter) aren't treated correctly or in a reasonable manner by stewards or any other part of the club's set up they'll just go elsewhere. There are plenty of other sports and leisure activities to go and pursue.

It's the young fans who are the future of our club and nobody should lose sight of that.

It's far too easy to forget that ICT is in the entertainment business and if young fans (or any fans for that matter) aren't treated correctly or in a reasonable manner by stewards or any other part of the club's set up they'll just go elsewhere. There are plenty of other sports and leisure activities to go and pursue. It's the young fans who are the future of our club and nobody should lose sight of that.

I think your post is somewhat correct, but the other thing to remember is that there is usually two sides to every story. There's a couple of posts in this thread that suggest fans should be able to do whatever the **** they like in the singing section and that simply isnt true. There is an acceptable level of behaviour and once that is crossed there is a price to pay. Standing is not allowed end of story. If the club choose to let that slide on occasion then so be it, but if a steward comes along and asks or even tells you to sit down and you do not, then you are inviting trouble. If you add taunting and abuse to the mix then there is only ever going to be one outcome.

I agree that stewards should not be heavy handed about things and we have plenty 'evidence' to show that they have been in the past (Dunfermline match for example). However, if you look at this whole event, it would tend to suggest they were not on this occasion. The complaint came about more than an hour into the match and as I posted above, only escalated because of "foul,  abusive and persistent" taunts aimed at the stewards who were initially trying to get these guys off the wall. As soon as the police become involved, it is out of the hands of the stewards and the club and the police have the power to arrest people for whatever charge they feel is appropriate.

me and ma m8t were only eleven we asked why ev1 was bieng chuked out so he grabs us round the neck and shoves us back in our seats then he screams at the top of is voice SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP its gettin a fekin disgrace at caley park :33:

I posted earlier in the thread that people should be mindful of what they are saying given that the police were involved and at least one person was arrested and possibly facing charges or an official caution.

People have chosen to ignore that and I feel we are venturing into very dangerous ground with some of the remarks being made.  Until I have had a chance to discuss the subject fully with Scotty then this topic remains closed.