FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Upcoming gigs

Pele_Is_God

Well I hope they have something left for Edinburgh tomorrow night!

They played the following:

Motorcycle Emptiness

Autumnsong

Everything Must Go

Roses In The Hospital

I?m Just A Patsy

Slash ?N? Burn

Rendition

Yes

La Tristesse Durera

Your Love Alone Is Not Enough

Enola/Alone

You Love Us

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

The Everlasting (Acoustic)

Masses Against The Classes (Acoustic)

Send Away The Tigers

She Sells Sanctuary / Motown Junk

Little Baby Nothing

You Stole The Sun From My Heart

Ocean Spray

A Design For Life

Great gig, RiG. Manics played a few variations from that set list tonight. We didn't get Enola or Rendition, but did get Kevin Carter and Suicide is Painless. And "Masses..." was certainly not acoustic!

They have improved with age, helped by a tremendous songbook to draw upon. Just worked out that it's 17 years since I first saw them live (yes I'm gonna be one of those "I saw them before they were famous" bores!). Mind you they had some bloke called Ritchie in the band back then , whatever happened to him?!

Aye just having a look at your set list just now. I am not a huge fan of Kevin Carter so Enola/Alone was nice to hear live. Suicide Is Painless would have been interesting to take in but I was quite happy with Rendition. Masses Against The Classes would have been great to hear *properly*.

I was one of the late comers to the Manics - round about the time of This Is My Truth was when I got into them but I got into them in a big way. Generation Terrorists is my favourite album but The Holy Bible is the best one they have done. So atmospheric. I was hoping to hear Of Walking Abortion or Faster. Suprised they never played that.

I don't know about this Ritchie fellow. I do however know about Richey Edwards  :004:

I would have loved to have seen them as a four piece that said Edwards didn't do much on stage from what I hear/read. Indeed a few times he was often miming. His talent was the songwriting.

All in all the Manics are a fantastic band and I was delighted when Send Away The Tigers signalled a great return to form for them.

• 2 weeks later...