FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What went wrong..?

Johnboy

To be honest, I believe we have played much worse.  Motherwell at home and Dundee United first half at home, however, this does not detract from the fact that there appeared to be little cohesion or team spirit on show against a mediocre Hearts side.  We seemed totally incapable of conjuring up anything.  We can't have suddenly gone from team of the month in December, to worst team in the league two months later.  Saturday was the start of an easier run of games for us and we blew it big time.  Some if not all of the blame must lie with the manager for tis abysmal form of late.  Not just the form on the park, but the bigger picture, just what is going on down at the dumo?  Can I add, keep Marius out of this one, he needs the same support he is giving the players who ignore him by not getting the ball to him.  Is this poor play, or poor players?

There is one more thing he could do, and it is an honourable thing at that.

I'm not convinced Rankin is the problem, but the results show we did better when he played, although they also show McGuire to be a good defender...............now, that is where the stats don't add up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it Black came off cause Brewster thought he was playing crap?  Or was there a wee injury??  If it was for playing crap...why wasn't Duncan taken off instead??  Brewster and Duncan must get on really well and i reckon this will be confirmed if he drops Black for the Falkirk game and keeps Duncan in the team!!

Brewster needs to get a grip and stop being so protective and positive of his players..if they played crap..criticise and drop them if it has been going on for a weeks i.e - Duncan.

And he shouldn't be scared to change the team..especially when we are 7 games without a win!!  But he won't he'll stay with them team HE "trusts".

This can't go on and Brewster needs to have a major rethink on the way he: picks the team, his tactics, the way he treats the fans, his dealings in the transfer market, being so positive in the media when even they are seeing we are playing crap, and stop playing his favourites and stop being stubborn and put in players that don't usually get a game!

This can't go on.  But it will because it's Craig "I'm right" Brewster!

I believe that Brewster did his best on Saturday. Can the same be said for all of the players?

Yes the manager has to take responsibility for the poor performance, but the reality is that there's only so much he can do.

Yngwie, I feel let down.  The manager picked a defensive formation at home that has not worked for weeks against a team who could have been for the taking after their display during the week.  He persists on playing Duncan who cant kick a ball at the moment and refuses to sign for us.  There seems to be no tactics when it comes to set pieces.  Most worrying there seems to be no confidence and no leadership.  That was just Saturday.

He had the chance to sign players in the transfer window and signed Imrie.  I will give the boy a chance but it stank of despiration.  In fact dring the window Brewster went to Greece!  We good all see that we needed some back up why couldnt he?

I believe that Brewster did his best on Saturday. Can the same be said for all of the players?

Yes the manager has to take responsibility for the poor performance, but the reality is that there's only so much he can do.

Yes there is. He could put players onto the field who play for the jersey. He could allow the players to play the game they know instead of trying to get them to play around Niculae. Wilson should be playing on the right wing. He's been taken out but we dont have a replacement who can link up with Rossco. Someone who can fall back into the right back slot when Ross goes on his runs.

He could concentrate some of his efforts in finding a replacement for Dods instead of giving that role to one of his Dunfermline cronies. One who, incidently, wasn't good enough for the lower division hence the reason he was available on loan in the first place.

He could have Richie Hart playing in the role he insists on playing Duncan in. Hart can win ball, can put in as much effort as Duncan but can also pass a ball, cross a ball, slip a ball through to striker or even blast a thirty yarder into the net.

There,s loads he can do. Even walk away and let someone come in who knows what he's doing.

Yngwie, I feel let down.  The manager picked a defensive formation at home that has not worked for weeks against a team who could have been for the taking after their display during the week.  He persists on playing Duncan who cant kick a ball at the moment and refuses to sign for us.  There seems to be no tactics when it comes to set pieces.  Most worrying there seems to be no confidence and no leadership.  That was just Saturday.

He had the chance to sign players in the transfer window and signed Imrie.  I will give the boy a chance but it stank of despiration.  In fact dring the window Brewster went to Greece!  We good all see that we needed some back up why couldnt he?

I think, perhaps, a new captain needs to be appointed. Grant has struggled for form the whole season, and I very rarely see him doing any "leading."

IMO the man for the job has gone to Perth for a month, and is unlikely to really feature prominantly again this season, so my man for the job would be Blackie. Controversial, perhaps, but maybe some responsibility will do the boy good, and I reckon he has that Roy Keane kind of attitude, second best is not good enough.

Nd Alex, Cowie links up very well with Rosscoe, but is currently being deployed in the wrong position.

I think the most amazing thing he has said lately is that he is not going to play anymore as he is not needed!!!!  He manages/plays for a team who cant play at the moment and certainly dont look like scoring much.  As much as I doubt his management skill, his playing ability is not in question.  If he is fit then he should play himself up from with MN.

Alex, I agree that we had a transfer window that we will regret for the rest of the season. But what puzzles me is that at that time we were the form team in the league and on a great run of results that took us from relegation to top 6, achieved :

- with Brewster as manager

- with Niculae

- with McGuire

- without Dods

- with Duncan

- without Wilson playing regularly

- without Hart playing at all

Yes we lost Rankin, but we have lost far better players than him in the past and just kept getting better.

The only thing that has really changed is the rise to prominence of discontent in the dressing room from some key players. With contracts and earnings being at the heart of the problem, what could the manager do about that at 2pm on Saturday, or again this coming Saturday?

Cowie is the key - we were at our best when we started playing to his strengths and to Rankins. We were at our best when we had Black, Cowie and Rankin playing in tandem. They had enough energy and pace to make Duncans role a simpler one and they made up fer the lack of pace and movement of Marius. Despite having a bawl at Marius - how can you play him as a lone striker at home - with a holding midfield and a deep defence.  I actually do not feel we are playing to his strengths any more either - we are playing to his strengths of yesteryear. :029:

And if ever a game cried out fer Barry wilson - it was Saturday.

And I am still convinced that things have been sour from the first game of the season - and we have been on a roller coaster ever since - and most of you know who I blame.

And I am still convinced that things have been sour from the first game of the season - and we have been on a roller coaster ever since - and most of you know who I blame.

The Senator of Alabahma?  The Anti-Tennassee Club in Blair Atholl? :015:

Brewster in todays P & J

"Then the fans got on our backs, maybe because of bad passes and they got frustrated, which goes into the players.

"It was just a disappointing afternoon for us."

So it's all our fault. What would you like us to do Mr Brewster? STAY AWAY!!!

When Brewster first came back I supported him, despite several of my mates slating him and still livid about the terms in which he left for United.  However, recently I've been getting pretty pi$$ed off at how we are playing and to add insult to injury I go and read that in the paper!  The man is a fecking joke!!!  We had a superb support for the whole of the first half yesterday and if anything, it made the team play worse!  I left early for the first time in my life and so I can't comment on what the support was like late in the second half but even if the crowd was getting on their back what do they expect?!  They were utter sh!te!!!

Cowie links up very well with Rosscoe, but is currently being deployed in the wrong position.

Hurrah! Someone else notices it!  :001:

What I don't understand is how Brewster manages to miss it. Our best chance on Saturday came from a Cowie Tokely combination on the right.

INEPT

To play 451 at home is defeatism, that formation fell apart when Rankin left. Imeri was suprised to find himself in the team so soon and I think on his performances so were most people.

Niculi is not an out and out striker, he spend so much energy chasing the ball across the field when he get an opportunity he is Knacked. he should be playing behind the strikers. Now the flying Finn have spent a fair time in Finland it is difficult to be critical or so I thought. He wouldn't get a game for Inverness City. I feel that because Brewster has signed these players (maybe not the Finn) he  feels he has to play them. Roy and Barry would give you a much better game and as for Macgire he is just a journeyman looking for a game, Proctor might be a great player but he gives his all for the cause.

I always said I wouldn't be critical of the team but after Saturday I feel as a season ticket holder and having to endure such embarressment I needed to vent my anger :019:  :019:

Yes that is right alex not critical of niculi he is being asked to do the wrong job the finn i know was not one of brewsters but  Mcgiure was as is imeri. I also think proctor was but in my post I meant to say proctor not the most talented but will give you an honest 90 minutes