Andy Barrowman

MissICT

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything said about me above is undoubtedly true and since I am now in the wine business with the intention of making a mint of money I give the nod to the old favourite because I need to make a buck-fast ,don't you know. :001:

But port wine remains my favourite in truth since it was the first drink I stole from my Mammy's liqueur cabinet whilst fighting puberrty. That and a fag which had unfortunate consequences since the latter forced me to go green as a goosegog and sick as a dog.

:015:

That and a fag which had unfortunate consequences since the latter forced me to

I stopped readiing at that point  :010: :010: :010: :010: :017:

Surely that's for your memoirs and not a family site like this good sir.  :014:

:sillywave:

Behind the pianoforte where I thought I would not be seen...... :016:

Wonder how many smokers started this way... ie green and puking!   mine was the La Scala.

Anyway back on topic, The Barrowman issue will be put into the pending tray for 2 weeks, however the worry is that Brew has set his sights on this guy and no higher.

He needs a left back and a central defender in there, plus another striker if Bayne goes, and if Marius gets a move  :014:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest birdog

When will we find out about weather hes signing or not? Its due today!

Why so impatient? He is a player who failed in the SPL, he failed in Division 1 and found his level in Division 2. At best he would be a reserve player for us.

Before anyone chirps up and declares that Imrie was playing junior football until a couple of seasons ago, I know that but Imrie has moved up the leagues to find form, Barrowman moved the opposite direction.

EDIT- I feel the need to clarify my thoughts on the Barrowman situation. ICT are a club who have proved that they can bring players back from the brink, Marius a once class player who lost his way through injury is now well and truly back on track. Dargo, a player who lost his way through injuries at Killie, started banging the goals in again when he came here. Rankin, played in the same Man Utd reserve team as Fletcher amongst others and played every reserve match that season, is now moving on with his career after being farmed out to the 1st Division. Brown, dumped by Motherwell during their administration once a promising Rangers youngster is now with the Scottish champions and played extremely well in most the games he managed to get through Boruc's injury. Wyness lost his way at Aberdire came to us and has had a half decent run at pro football since. Mackie came to us on loan then found a starting place in the Aberdire team after.

Barrowman on the other hand never had any potential at this level, he failed to break into the Killie team and he scored one goal in a six month loan spell at QOS. He has, like I say, found his level. He is a second division star who failed in the SPL and SFL 1 yet he has us jumping through hoops wanting his signature, is this the best we can hope for now?

Guest birdog

Because its annoyin me. Its been going on for weeks and i just want it to come to an end!

Why let it annoy you? What is happening is that the guy is trying to squeeze more out of the club by saying that he has other offer to consider. What annoys me is that we seem to have a support and management team who cannot seem to see what is right in front of their eyes. Barrowman is a failed !st Div player who could not break into an SPL team but can bang in goals against part time teams in the 2nd Div he just can't cut it with the pros.

How about Roy McBain? He couldn't get a game for County, and was released on a free. Couldn't 'hack it' in the second division apparently. Signs for ICT and has been a stalwart. Alan Smart couldn't 'hack it' for ICT (or CT as we were then) in the third division, he goes on to be a prolific goalscorer down south and plays in the premiership.

Some players are late developers.

Have you actually seen Barrowman play recently birddog?

Guest birdog

Not recently, no but his record says it all, I reckon even Dean MacDonald could get double the goals Barrowman has against part-timers. I also think that as a professional top flight club we should not be held to ransom by a second division player. Make him an offer put a deadline on it and if he is still fecking about tell him to go make his money elsewhere.

However, having said that, if we do sign him after all his pi55ing about then I sincerely hope I have got him as wrong as I got it badly wrong with Dargo and Rankin. Our board have again made us look like a laughing stock. I also had reservations about Imrie but that was down to friends of mine advising me on how poor Imrie was so seeing the guy in action would probably not make much difference. I do remember a lot of bad reports from people on this board who had seen Cowie in action :024: before we signed him. Have you seen Barrowman play against a decent defence recently D_B_S?

Cmon guys this is a ridiculous argument! People are apprehensive about Barrowman's future, some just to see if Caley are actually doing something in the transfer window, some wanting to see if we can sign someone who HAS done well last season and can MAYBE do well for US with that record, and some just to see if the board let players take the **** out of them long enough before not even choosing to sign! Its become a joke over trying to sign him but people don't like to be kept waiting on any transfers so I can see why reedee15 is wanting to know what's happening. I'm intrigued!

My opinion of the situation is thus.......I think a guy that scores 30 goals on Div II, well, you can probably half that again for amount he likely to score in Div I. I am unsure as to whether or not Barrowman will cut it a SPL level....am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. However....like Reedee....i just want a line drawn under this matter once and for all. I dont like us being made to wait. I think WE should be applying deadlines to potential transfers.

I agree somewhat with what Birdog says.

Although we do not know what is really happening behind the scenes Mr. Barrowman is clearly stalling or holding out and who can blame him? Whether we should be playing his game is another question, as it is making us look like amateurs.

My earlier point on this subject is that even if we sign him, I still think we need to sign another striker. In my opinion, signing him alone will be a gamble.