FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae earns us UEFA windfall

think this was mentioned in another thread (which you cant find cos we turned off the search function) but i suspect the 3K a day is AFTER the group stages .....

according to the sun w get 40k for marius being there nice if true thanks marius

I'm assuming that's the ?3k for every day he is away just totaled up.

It's the added benefits like this which many people fail to take into consideration when valuing the importance of having players like Marius in the team.  Not to mention the publicity which, if the club used correctly, could also add value to him remaining an ICT player.

It seems that we are getting some good publicity.  His article on the Euro 2008 site made the Sun, and made the front page of the Euro 2008 supplement in The Sun.

think this was mentioned in another thread (which you cant find cos we turned off the search function) but i suspect the 3K a day is AFTER the group stages .....

that was what I initially thought but it is from 1st day Romania arrived at euros so 3k every day since then

that was what I initially thought but it is from 1st day Romania arrived at euros so 3k every day since then

So there is a silver lining - and I said Hi - Ho Marius Niculae - 3K a day - and I said - thats worth all the hassle - he may as well stay.  :001:

So lets see. We paid nothing for him last summer, had somoene else pay his wages, earn the money UEFA gives us plus the inevitable transfer fee we will get from him being in the shop window this summer.

and people said it wouldnt be a worthwhile signing  :015:

?2 Mil in the bag... easy!!

He replaced a player who was last bought for ?6 mil and is probably worth twice that after an excellent season

thought he played really well tonight and wasn't out his depth 

hope for ?2 mil accept anything over ?1mil

Guest birdog

?2 Mil in the bag... easy!!

He replaced a player who was last bought for ?6 mil and is probably worth twice that after an excellent season

thought he played really well tonight and wasn't out his depth 

hope for ?2 mil accept anything over ?1mil

?2M  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I thought that if transfer deals went to arbitration then usually the transfer fee is calculated by the wages remaining on the contract and at ?4k per week (as that is what he is reputed to be getting) and a little over 1 year left on the contract that makes it a little over ?200k, I am probably showing my ignorance here but I am not a football agent so I have no expertise in the matter but I can't see anyone paying ?2M when they can wait  6 months and sign him on a pre-contract for free.

Think you've got it about right there (twice in 1 day!).

But are there many other players at this tournament who would sell for as little as ?200k? He must also be one of the lowest paid.

I actually don't think Harry is that far off the mark in terms of his valuation of Marius.  The teams who are likely to have a serious interest wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying ?1.5 to ?2 Million for a player of his pedigree and are unlikely to want to wait 12 months to secure his services.

Personally I still hope that he stays and signs a contract extension (which I believe is not out of the question) and that we get another season from him before he moves on.  As the club have said themselves....his salary is already budgeted for in next seasons figures and the windfall from his appearance in the Euros will go a long way to covering any extension beyond that, vastly reducing the financial risk to the club and allowing him to continue to develop and increasing his value.

In fact, I'd be seriously p!ssed off if ICT were to let him leave for anything not in the ?2 Million region right now.

Guest birdog

I actually don't think Harry is that far off the mark in terms of his valuation of Marius.  The teams who are likely to have a serious interest wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying ?1.5 to ?2 Million for a player of his pedigree and are unlikely to want to wait 12 months to secure his services.

I don't disagree with the valuation Harry has put on Marius however unless there is a bidding war then I really cannot see any club paying more than ?500k but like you CD for all the unrest his signing caused I do believe now that he has been a good investment and if at all possible we should extend that contract and by more than the standard ICT 2 years. I have been very critical of the club this season but I have a new optimism, things are starting to fall into place (amazing how the end of season lets you sit back and take stock of things) still not sure about Brewstard but that is for another thread.

EDIT- It's funny how when you are so pi55ed off at the bad runs you get so blinkered you can't see the big picture (too much success too soon?) Roll on next season.