FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Striker on Trial

frank_the_tank

I am guessing that our apparent lack of activity on that front is down to two or three factors .... Duff impressing CB, A lack of quality available at a price we can afford, and maybe, just maybe, ICT doing their research in silence for once (a very positive move).

or he thinks McGuire is up to the job...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promising times indeed.

Zander and Wilson are really our only true wingers with other wide men being more midfielders as such (ie Imrie, McBain, Proctor, Cowie)

Wilson is getting to the age where yes he can offer the moment of magic but not much else other than crunching leg breaking challenges (sent off in friendly and clattering challenge v Dons)

I dont think Brewster wants to throw young Zander right in the thick of it but slowly bed him in if he shows the capablility, It will be the same with Duff, Kerr, Vigurs, Rory and Wood.

Signing one or both the Ugandan and Kerchen would give further options up front and much needed pace to the width.

As much as i see a centre half as a priority, if the management can't find a suitable available option which will improve the team at the right price then Im happy with that. No point signing any old muck.

I'd still like to see a big man up front. Maybe Rory Wood and Rooney be those players Brewster sees as filling that role but they are all very young.

From P&J online.....

Ugandan trialist Dan Wagaluka last night flew out from Africa destined for Scotland as he bids to land a contract with Caley Thistle. He is expected in the Highlands before the weekend to begin his trial stint.

From P&J online.....

Ugandan trialist Dan Wagaluka last night flew out from Africa destined for Scotland as he bids to land a contract with Caley Thistle. He is expected in the Highlands before the weekend to begin his trial stint.

Where the hell did we find this Wagaluka guy from? Completely out of left field. Appears that work permit will be an issue if he impresses.

Highland News

Where the hell did we find this Wagaluka guy from?

Brew was contacted by an agent, one who he knows of, at least.

Kampala to Inverness is quite a transition, so I hope that the local Ugandan community will make him feel welcome.

I also hope that the club are aware that the process to secure a player from a corrupt African country can be even more complex than making a sale to Romania. Hopefully the agent would be responsible for making any non-standard payments that may be required.

Ugandan international Dan Wagaluka will arrive in Inverness this weekend, and start a week's trial with Caley Thistle.

But Kiran Bechan, who arrived on Monday, has failed to impress Craig Brewster and has returned home.

Elgin City are expected to complete loan deals for Caley Thistle pair Guy Kerr and Andrew McNulty.

Centre half Kerr and Irish keeper McNulty have both yet to play in the first team.

http://www.mfr.co.uk/Article.asp?id=561816&spid=25564

Surprised Elgin City have taken McNulty on loan, when they already have Ally Ridgers on their books...

Going to see them play against Montrose on the 30th Aug, so will be able to report back on how they are getting on.

Ugandan international Dan Wagaluka will arrive in Inverness this weekend, and start a week's trial with Caley Thistle. But Kiran Bechan, who arrived on Monday, has failed to impress Craig Brewster and has returned home.

Elgin City are expected to complete loan deals for Caley Thistle pair Guy Kerr and Andrew McNulty.

Centre half Kerr and Irish keeper McNulty have both yet to play in the first team.

http://www.mfr.co.uk/Article.asp?id=561816&spid=25564

Fair play to Brewster - He doesnt seem to be afraid to take a player on trial but tell him he is not good enough if that proves to be true !!!

The source does however get one thing wrong !!! Guy Kerr has played for the first team. He replaced Ian Black in the 85th minute of the 6-1 victory over Gretna on 3rd May 2008.

Brew is looking for a fast winger to strengthen the midfield. Taking in triallists is a means of looking without expense to the club, other than travel and accomodation. And if they're no better than what we've got then its easy to say so.

Elgin want to borrow Kerr and Gillespie. Good move for Guy. Dale, I assume, is part of Brews plans if he's not going. McNulty I'm surprised at cos I dont see him getting much first team football.

I believe Rooney is coming.

I am also led to believe Brew knows the defensive shortfall and is looking hard for the right person but good central defenders are not easy to come by at the right price.

I've only watched McNulty twice and i have too say he looks really dodgy.

Getting lobbed from 80 yards by a 40 year old keeper is bad. But handling a backpass against Clach is just stupid. He really needs first team football.

Does anyone know if this Wagaluka guy is allowed to play in the reserves while being on trial?

Does anyone know if this Wagaluka guy is allowed to play in the reserves while being on trial?

no work permit, no play, not even as a trialist ..... think back to this time last year with Marius !

Surely Hearts must have an illegal squad to field?

I thought you weren't allowed more than 3 non E.U players in a first team squad? :thumb04:

According to the P&J Brew wants to see Bechan in a game but can't? :rotflmao:

Thats why he has gone back and its very doubtful he will return. I hope Wagaluka is ok because if he isn't then alot of these trialists really will have been a waste of time..apart from Rooney. But it was the same with trialists last year.

I thought you weren't allowed more than 3 non E.U players in a first team squad? :thumb04:

According to the P&J Brew wants to see Bechan in a game but can't? :rotflmao:

Thats why he has gone back and its very doubtful he will return. I hope Wagaluka is ok because if he isn't then alot of these trialists really will have been a waste of time..apart from Rooney. But it was the same with trialists last year.

I'm sure the club could arrange a "friendly" with someone decent?

If not I'm perfectly willing to go on an all expenses trip to Spain, not so sure about Uganda though.

I thought you weren't allowed more than 3 non E.U players in a first team squad? :rotflmao:

According to the P&J Brew wants to see Bechan in a game but can't? :thumb04:

I'm sure the club could arrange a "friendly" with someone decent?

If not I'm perfectly willing to go on an all expenses trip to Spain, not so sure about Uganda though.

More than likely as he's under contract Hercules won't allow him to play. Could be that.

Probably reading something into nothing here, but I wondered whether there is any connection between the final sentence about Czaba being keen to bring in more Ugandan talent and the suggestion we are going to take Wagaluka on a three-month deal. Three months seems a pretty short period to take such a far-travelled player for, but would take us quite close to the opening of the next tranfer window. Any possibility that Hearts want to see how he settles into Scottish football before snapping him up for themselves on a longer deal? :rotflmao:

Also, apparently the world is ruled by giant lizards...

Edited by alternative maryhill

They won't have seen him even train yet.

Unless Brewster hauled them all in this morning after their less than convincing performance on yesterday. For a guy needing a work permit 3 months is hardly a good idea.