Striker on Trial

frank_the_tank

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

Does anyone know if this Wagaluka guy is allowed to play in the reserves while being on trial?

no work permit, no play, not even as a trialist ..... think back to this time last year with Marius !

Would he be allowed to turn out for a game as an amateur in the same way that some clubs use the "amateur" loophole to sign players outside the transfer windows?

If a player is out of contract he can register himself as an Amateur and then be signed by a club on a professional basis. As far as I am aware anyone on Amateur papers cannot turn out to play in the SPL...in fact, if memory serves me correct I don't think Trialists can even play league matches in the SPL these days.

If a player is out of contract he can register himself as an Amateur and then be signed by a club on a professional basis. As far as I am aware anyone on Amateur papers cannot turn out to play in the SPL...in fact, if memory serves me correct I don't think Trialists can even play league matches in the SPL these days.

Maybe for a player from an EU country or should I say certain EU countries after the Marius debacle, but definitely not for a non-EU national.

As per the SPL Handbook.....

D5.13 Trialists are not under any circumstances eligible to Play for a Club in a League Match. For the purposes of this Rule Official Matches do not include League Matches. No more than two Trialists may Play for a Club in any one Official Match. A Trialist shall, subject to compliance with the Rules, be permitted to Play in a maximum of three Official Matches in any one Season for any one Club. A Club intending to Play a Trialist in an Official Match must give advance written notification to the Secretary of such intention and such notification must specify details of the relevant Player's name and address, place and date of birth, previous club for which he last played (if any), previous club to which he was last registered (if any) and the country in which

he last played.

Guest birdog

As per the SPL Handbook.....

D5.13 Trialists are not under any circumstances eligible to Play for a Club in a League Match. For the purposes of this Rule Official Matches do not include League Matches. No more than two Trialists may Play for a Club in any one Official Match. A Trialist shall, subject to compliance with the Rules, be permitted to Play in a maximum of three Official Matches in any one Season for any one Club. A Club intending to Play a Trialist in an Official Match must give advance written notification to the Secretary of such intention and such notification must specify details of the relevant Player's name and address, place and date of birth, previous club for which he last played (if any), previous club to which he was last registered (if any) and the country in which

he last played.

20 minutes against Arbroath it is then?

It would appear that if Brewster wants to get another look at him in a Match situation then that would be an ideal opportunity.

Also, looking at the rules regarding playing Amateurs, it would seem that they can play. However, it's not a possibility in the case of Wagaluka as he has played professional football in the last 30 days and is currently registered with another club.