Bairns Smileymometer

Have read all the posts on the Match thread and I can see that all lot of peeple may have been carried away wiv the elated aftermath of the game but - as per usual - I will provide a post alcohol haze summary:

FRASER :D :D Hardly had a thing to do becos of a solid defence but his distribution was draedful at times. He has to do a bit of Target golf like practising with his kick outs.

ROSSCOE :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Sooperb - hopefully he realises that he has to maintain that level of performance with peeple breathing down his neck. But he was a "tower" today and won every 50/50 ball tha was going and played some great through balls as well - wish somebody could grab a clip of the brilliant individual foray in the first half - if he had scored it would have been the best feckin goal ever.

MAGUIRE :lol: :015: :D :P Not one of my favourites but he was the mainstay of the defence yesterday. He led the line brilliantly and Rosscoe and Dicky were with him all the way. Ya could also see that he was marshalling young Duff throughout as well. The defence held its highest line it has done in years. Plus Maguire was a constant offensive thereat in the air from dead ball situations.

DUFF :021: :D :D Potential yes - endeavour yes - aerial prowess yes - positional sense will learn. The lad looked the business yesterday and won nearly evry aerial challenge and put himself about. However he almost got caught three times in the first half when the forward got goal side of him and fortunately the through ball was poor and he got to all of them. Still he is only young and will learn and wont let us down if called upon.

HASTINGS :D :D :D Solid enuff defensively but he still gives me the jitters and his distribution remains hoofish. All the Falkirk threat came from their right and Dicky.

VIGURS :D :D :D I really like the look of this lad. Would be great to see what he could do on the left !! (see ma tic tacs post). Full of running and skill to boot.

BLACK :D :D :D :D Commanding, always looking for the ball, defended and tackled well, distribution was excellent - played the "playmaker" role to the tee.

ROYSTER :D :D :D :D A one man feckin midfield yesterday - Bet he couldnt maintain that feckin role fer too long - How many feckin yards did he cover yesterday - he was popping up all over the place yet still appeared to maintain his position !!

COWIE - Would be gerat to see what he could do on the right. Quietish first 20 but came to life thereafter. His pace always threatened. Scored a goal when ya thought we would struggle to find the net.

WOOD :D :D Sorry but he is NOT SPL yet - has to work on his pace and movement. He is a big lad who can certainly hold up the ball well but needs more time - good squad player.

ROONEY :D :D :D I suspect and/or I feckin hope that he is not yet match fit. He was off the pace yeterday but showed enuff to say that if he hits fitness he will be an asset - appeared to know what position to move into but slow getting there.

BARROWMAN :D :D :D :D His introduction won us the game eventually. He had more moveement in his short time than Wood and Rooney combined - He could certainly play the lone striker role away from home.

BAZZA / IMRIE :D :D :D Their arrival simply brought that extra bit of edge and determination. Feckin cracking finish from Imrie.

After watching the higlights on the BBC site, looks like it was Mcguire that left the long ball through that led to Falkirks goal!

Want to change your opinion?

Well that was the other end of the park but he certainly looked at fault - However I will stick to my original decision becos of the clear influence that he had on Duff and the defence in general.

Fantastic result from the weekend. My throat was croaking after all that shouting once Imrie scored the winner!

Don't fully agree with some of the ratings from Howden Ender:

Fraser :003: :003: :rotflmao: He had a couple of dodgy kick outs but apart from that I didn't think he did too much wrong.

Tokely :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: Excellent performance from the big right back. Loved the mazy run down the right to beat a number of Falkirk players in the 1st half.

Maguire :015: :D I didn't think that he had the best of games. He made a number of mistakes and looked ordinary compared to young Jamie Duff. Possible mistake from him for the goal.

Duff :P :021: :D :D Solid in the air. Won tackles and good distribution. Brilliant performance.

Hastings :D :D :D Decent performance.

Vigurs :D :D :D Promising player. Made a few decent runs down the right. I would prefer to see him on the left.

Cowie :D :D :D :D Again, not sure why Cowie was made to play on the left and Vigurs down the right. I would prefer to see him on his favoured side. However, he put a superb shift in. Worked tirelessly.

Black :D :D :D :D I thought that he was instrumental in the middle of the pitch.

McBain :D :D :D :D Superb midfield performance from Roy. Committed to the max.

Wood :D :D I saw some of the potential in the lad. However, yesterday far too many times, he kept losing posession.

Rooney :D :D :D A decent performance. He should have put us way in front in the first half but his finishing was not up to standard. Give him time and I think he will be an excellent asset.

Barrowman :D :D :D :D He held up the ball and his distribution was fantastic. Good performance.

Wilson :D :003: Didn't see much of him when he came on. Gave the ball away late on to put pressure back on the team.

Imrie :003: :003: :003: Got that cruicial goal.

Duff will go straight back on the bench when Granty is fit. Brewsters always going to go with experience over youth. His only big chance is if Mcguire pulls an injury and he gets a long solid run partnering Munro.

i'm afraid that you might be right, however,

i hope that this doesn't happen, i think that if duff is kept in the team he'll become our most reliable central defender... the only way to get experience is to be played. it won't take long for duff to overtake McGuire. hopefully brew will realise this and keep faith in the younger lads...it's so vital the likes of duff, vigurs and wood get a good run and aren't just side-lined because everyone has this concept that youth can't cope..so far they have...more so than most of the senior players. anyway i can only hope.

Of course he is right - Brew will go fer Maguire and Munro - and he is possibly correct - Duff has clear potential but he is a raw apprentice at the moment.

Spare a thought fer Proctor though - he must be walking under a feckin ladder on a regular basis.

Of course he is right - Brew will go fer Maguire and Munro - and he is possibly correct - Duff has clear potential but he is a raw apprentice at the moment.

Spare a thought fer Proctor though - he must be walking under a feckin ladder on a regular basis.

yeah i guess so...

regarding who brew will play at the back can only be answered once Munro is fit...you never can predict....football is a funny game

yeah i guess so...

regarding who brew will play at the back can only be answered once Munro is fit...you never can predict....football is a funny game

It sure is - but if Duff is to play alongside Munro I expect Brew to play Munro on the right and Duff on the left.

yeah i guess so...

It sure is - but if Duff is to play alongside Munro I expect Brew to play Munro on the right and Duff on the left.

yeah i think so too, it is an interesting one though, i am looking forward to see what does happen once Munro is back fit.

nothing like a bit of competition....