FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paterson Checks Into Rehab

RiG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people seem to come into this world with the self-destruct button permanently turned on and Pele is one of them. You have to wonder just how far he might have gone if it wasn't for all his troubles.

Very sad news but lets all wish him well and hope for his own sake and his family he gets the help he obviously needs.I look forward to hearing of his recovery .

Really sad to hear! All the best Pele!

Considering the pressures he must have been under - makes his achievements all the more legendary!

Looking forward to hearing about his recovery and seeing him in the Stands again soon!

A true legend!

Mrs PB

x

MrAsterisk -

"I'll bet that is only your opinion"

and

"I will wager that rehab won't cure him"

Two horrible posts, should be banned for that. If your not gonna give the man support then don't post in this topic. I don't know what team you support but if your an ICT fan then you should be ashamed!

All the best Pele, real legend!

MrAsterisk -

and

Two horrible posts, should be banned for that. If your not gonna give the man support then don't post in this topic. I don't know what team you support but if your an ICT fan then you should be ashamed!

I am entitled to my opinion as as far as I am concerned nobody pours a drink down an alcoholics throat, nobody forces a junkie to shoot up and nobody forced him into a bookies.

Unlike the other sheep that pity him because of his successful ICT years ( Which we are all thankful to him for ) as far as I am concerned - we reap what we sow.

Ask Peterhead why they kicked him out :rotflmao:

MrAsterisk -

and

I am entitled to my opinion as as far as I am concerned nobody pours a drink down an alcoholics throat, nobody forces a junkie to shoot up and nobody forced him into a bookies.

Unlike the other sheep that pity him because of his successful ICT years ( Which we are all thankful to him for ) as far as I am concerned - we reap what we sow.

Ask Peterhead why they kicked him out :rotflmao:

Aye, things never change, ...te always comes out o the mouth when erses don't have a hole!

I bet at funerals that you say good things about a toe rag, it may be polite but wrong.

He was and is a gambler that is finally seeking help. He did have 7 & 1/2 years with us and we were sorry to lose him.

This does not alter the fact that he was the architect of his own downfall

Like alcoholism these are illneses that interfere with having a healthy ans sutainable life. Like a sheep, I too wish him all the best.

Personally as a recovering alcoholic, I have to watch myself not just as far as alcohol is concerned but also my pre disposition to become addicted to things. I have seen and heard of many addicts who have beaten one addiction only for it to transfer to something else.

I wish Pele all the best in beating his gambling addiction.

Graham

I bet at funerals that you say good things about a toe rag, it may be polite but wrong.

He was and is a gambler that is finally seeking help. He did have 7 & 1/2 years with us and we were sorry to lose him.

This does not alter the fact that he was the architect of his own downfall

To paraphrase Shakespeare, "The bad that men do lives after them, the good is often interred with their bones." Not sure if it can be called wrong, but in many cases necessary. People are not always free agents to make rational choices.

Ask anyone who lived through those crazy happy days, Pele was, and is still family, thats why we still get these "SP is coming back!" rumours and pleas. I think this puts the nail in that coffin for a long time.