FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Banner-Gate

BornCaley

Maybe one of the Mods can advise on why the topic posted regarding the "Daily Ranger" story was locked. Is this topic now not up for discussion.

Sorry guys but the SPL rules are clearly up for interpretation or mis-interpretation. Just who was this banner offending, Celtic FC, JS's family, SPL or ICT....well BOO HOO...i spotted a large Tri-Colour in the Celtic end on Saturday. Is displaying an Irish flag not making a political statement

If you interpret the categories ( 7.4.5) listed within the SPL Rule 7.4.3, once might say that an Irish Tri-Colour ( which itself holds its own political importance, could be classed as a breach of these rules...So where do we go from there.

I could explain the meaning of the Irish Tri-Colour here, but im sure if you Wikipedia; it's political meaning is very clear

Come on lets see common sense and stop this PC, Cotton Wool b*llsh*t, its just stupid. Surely this action if true will only widen the gap between the club and their supporters

anyway...nuff said from me

BC

Edited by BornCaley

The topic was closed for two reasons.

1. The person(s) who the story was about stated that it was false and they did not wish to comment on it further.

2. It is our understanding that there is now an investigation underway into the events of Saturday and we have to tread carefully in case it goes further.

It is fine to discuss SPL rules and their interpretations, misinterpretations or areas where they are open to different interpretations, but we are asking users to steer clear of going into further detail regarding this specific incident until further notice.

Lets use this thread to support tcj and c4l - as I see it they are two innocent naieve victims who were trying to bring an atmosphere and a wind-up to the proceedings but did not understand the underlying message and implications of their attempted irony.

They should be supported fer being the loyal and dedicated fans tha they are and not condemned or ostracised fer a "mistake" due to a misunderstanding of history and the seriousness of secratarianism. I will be the first to stand beside them on the terraces and I will bequeath them the responsibility of carrying and displaying my flag from this day forwards.

DONT LET THE BESTARDS DRAG YOUS DOWN.

Lets use this thread to support tcj and c4l

They should be supported fer being the loyal and dedicated fans

Much appreciated IHE :thumb04:

I will bequeath them the responsibility of carrying and displaying my flag from this day forwards

We are happy to begin this new arrangement at your discretion :rotflmao:

Lets use this thread to support tcj and c4l - as I see it they are two innocent naieve victims who were trying to bring an atmosphere and a wind-up to the proceedings but did not understand the underlying message and implications of their attempted irony.

They should be supported fer being the loyal and dedicated fans tha they are and not condemned or ostracised fer a "mistake" due to a misunderstanding of history and the seriousness of secratarianism. I will be the first to stand beside them on the terraces and I will bequeath them the responsibility of carrying and displaying my flag from this day forwards.

I cant support them and cant believe they didn't know the seriousness of their actions as they are by their own admissions Loyalists.

they are by their own admissions Loyalists.

Are they really? Are they not just a pair of ignorant daft laddies who probably havent got a clue what "Loyalist" really means and who maybe just fancied being Huns for the day or maybe just wanted the attention. On the other hand the plain stuipidity of these immature attention seeking tw?ts has created a lot of bad publicaty for the club which it dosent want.

So boys, if you really are Rangers fans - clear off and dont darken our door again. On the other hand, if you claim to be Caley fans, clear off as well because we dont want your kind in this club - unless by some unusual chance you might be able to GROW UP!

I cant support them and cant believe they didn't know the seriousness of their actions as they are by their own admissions Loyalists.

When did they admit to that? :thumb04:

EDIT: Kev - I don't see anything in that thread admitting that they are loyalists. One person makes a (joking) reference to Rule Brittania as some kind of anthem for something :rotflmao:

Edited by RiG

ok. this thread is once again getting dragged off-topic and as stated in the first post ......

The (original) topic was closed for two reasons.

1. The person(s) who the story was about stated that it was false and they did not wish to comment on it further.

2. It is our understanding that there is now an investigation underway into the events of Saturday and we have to tread carefully in case it goes further.

It is fine to discuss SPL rules and their interpretations, misinterpretations or areas where they are open to different interpretations, but we are asking users to steer clear of going into further detail regarding this specific incident until further notice.